Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM, Free Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to Enhance Instruction for ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS
Presented by James May
Designed Specifically for Grades K-12: ESL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants Who Work with ELL Students, and Administrators
- Practical ways to build English language competency by integrating Google Classroom, Google Tools and Apps into your ESL instruction
- Harness the potential of Google Drive to engage your English Language Learners (ELL) as they create, collaborate and share content that demonstrates what they know and can do in English
- Timesaving strategies for using free Google Tools to create videos to better contextualize learning for your ELLs and differentiate learning in and beyond the classroom
- Differentiate ESL instruction with free Chrome extensions and add-ons to foster initiative and self-direction in all your ELL students
You are welcome to bring a fully charged Chromebook or laptop with a Chrome browser installed. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar. An iPad or Android tablet will not provide access to the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for the best ways to harness Google Classroom, free Google Tools, Apps and Extensions for teaching English Language Learners? Are you interested in fostering the four C’s of 21st Century learning while integrating web-based tools and resources? If you want to learn how to more effectively channel the tools your ELL students already access into rich web-based collaborations and products as they acquire English, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss!
In this uniquely focused seminar specifically designed for educators working with ELL students, James May, Ed.D., award-winning teacher and digital innovator, will help move your ESL curriculum into the 21st Century utilizing Google Classroom, Google Tools, Apps, and learning innovative practices for integrating mobile devices, flipped lessons, media, and more for enhancing language learning. James will show you practical ways Google Tools can enhance ESL instruction while fostering accountability, productivity, initiative, and self-direction. James will demonstrate how to best harness Google technologies and use them to motivate your ELL students.
You’ll leave this seminar knowing that you can effectively use Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to enhance ESL instruction and improve student performance in the process. The comprehensive English Language Learning resource handbook and accompanying website you’ll receive at the seminar will continue to keep you up-to-date as technology changes and provide an ongoing professional development community of English language educators.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Make the Best Use of Google Classroom, Free Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to Accelerate Learning for Your ELL Students
Learn practical applications for utilizing free Google Tools to foster their learning of key language skills and concepts … Go beyond the basics and discover the latest updates in the tools you’ll want to use the most
- Utilize Innovative Ways to Integrate Emerging Technology into Your ESL Classroom
Discover new ways to engage your ELL students in language content and differentiate using Google and a variety of other free extensions and apps
- Harness the Power of Google Drive for Online Collaboration and Communication
Discover the amazing variety of practical ways Google Drive can significantly enhance collaboration and improve communication as students build content together
- Tap into the Best Google Apps and Extensions to Engage Your ELL Students in Complex and Creative Thinking
Examine the apps you and your students can use to better collaborate and create videos, presentations, visuals and more … Apps and strategies to project wirelessly, turn smart devices into classroom clickers, enhanced whiteboards, lightboards, and more
- Utilize Google to Foster 21st Century Skills in Your English Language Learners
Today’s students need to be college, career and life ready … Experience how cutting-edge technology can help foster the 4 C’s of 21st Century learning: critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity for your ELL students
- Teach Your ELL Students Advanced Search and Close Reading Techniques
Keep students reading and learning in English using advanced search techniques from Google Power Searching and Advanced Power Searching and a variety of vocabulary support tools
- Accelerate the Achievement of Your ELL Students in All Content Areas
Experience hands-on, comprehensible strategies to use Google Tools, Apps and Extensions in all content areas … Teach academic content and the related vocabulary while improving language and literacy skills at the same time
- Increase Opportunities for Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing
Using the tools that students are most comfortable with for communicating, learn to take advantage of Google to encourage all modes of communication and improve accuracy in language performance tasks
- Differentiate Language Learning in and Beyond Your Classroom
Experience innovative ideas for providing additional learning support and differentiated opportunities for ELL students to work at their own pace using free and easy-to-use video apps and extensions
- Build an Array of High-Quality Interactive Language Learning Materials and Activities
Use Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to increase your repertoire of interactive options and get your students using English in fun and productive ways while you formatively assess their proficiency and growth
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Strengthen your knowledge of Google Classroom, Google Tools, Apps and Extensions and their practical uses with your ELL students
- How you can utilize a combination of Google Apps and tools to help your ELL students’ proficiency grow as they acquire English and 21st Century skills\
- Ways to work smarter, not harder … Timesaving tips for using a variety of Google Tools more efficiently, including self-grading, effective searching, hidden assets in Drive, and more
- Strategies for designing hybrid and online lessons designed to enhance ESL instruction using free Google Apps and tools
- Google search strategies that improve student research and citation skills, identify copyright-free images for projects and narrow the search to increase productivity
- Ways to weave modes of communication, culture and 21st Century skills into student work both in and outside of the classroom
- How you can differentiate ESL instruction to better meet the needs of all your students with Google Classroom, Google Drive, YouTube, and Chrome add-ons
- How to improve workflow and data collection as evidence of student performance through download and installation of Google Apps and add-ons
- Proven ideas to guide all your students toward developing greater communicative competency
- Simple, effective techniques to inspire participation from every student in your English Language Learning classroom, including newcomers
- Take the mystery out of available Add-ons and Tools menus that make collaborative work in Google Drive extraordinarily powerful
- Use Google Voice to increase opportunities for students to practice speaking in informal authentic simulations
- Engaging Google Drive projects and strategies that you can customize for use in your classroom the next day
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I have a passion for utilizing Google tools and the wide variety of technologies this new world provides and I can’t wait to share what I have found works best with ELL students. My focus for this seminar will be ways to make the best use of Google Classroom, Google Tools, Apps, Extensions and techniques for use with smart devices, tablets, Chromebooks, and other technologies to best meet the needs of English Language Learners.
As a fellow educator, I know how valuable your time is. I also know that trying to stay current in this new world of technology can quickly become overwhelming. To save you time, I will share the most useful, device-agnostic teaching strategies, Google Tools and apps available, and I will show you how to best utilize them in your classroom to engage and motivate ELL students while enhancing their academic and language learning experiences. During the seminar, you will see more than just Google Classroom, Google Tools and Apps. I will provide live demonstrations from start to finish so you will know exactly how to implement these tools in your classroom. You’ll also leave with an extensive resource handbook that will provide step-by-step instructions!
Whether you are a beginner or a digital ninja, you’ll leave this seminar with dozens of innovative, practical ideas you can utilize immediately with your English Language Learners!
I look forward to seeing you at the seminar!
James May Ed.D.
P.S. The focus of this seminar is on the latest Google Classroom, Google tools, apps, extensions, and techniques to best meet the needs of English Language Learners. I am confident that novice and tech savvy world language teachers alike will leave knowing they have significantly added to their teaching repertoire.
Who Should Attend
Designed Specifically for Grades K-12 ESL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants Who Work with ELL Students, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Google Tools Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource Google Tools and Apps handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Lesson ideas for Google Tools and Apps that you are free to copy and customize for use with your ELL students
- Timesaving ways to use Google Tools to increase communication
- Tips and tricks for integrating more advanced features of Google Tools, Apps and Extensions
- Google-inspired techniques for using video to enhance and differentiate language learning
- Strategies for integrating 21st Century skills for college, career, and life readiness
- Professional development resources specifically for English language teachers
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other teachers of English Language learners interested in using Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to enhance their ESL.
James May will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own ELL program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.