Improve ELL Students' Learning Using Multisensory Vocabulary Instruction
Presented by Christi Gilbert
Specifically Designed for K-12 Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Paraprofessionals, ELL Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Practical ways to maximize your ELL students' learning and achievement
- Dozens of highly effective ELL activities to use at each stage of language acquisition
- Specific ways to make academic vocabulary "stick" for your ELL students
- Powerful strategies to boost your ELL instruction and improve your students' learning
This outstanding NEW seminar by CHRISTI GILBERT is packed with dozens of practical, ready-to-use strategies to boost your ELL students' success in reading, writing, math, science, and social studies. You will walk away with classroom-tested strategies to achieve improved comprehension and understanding while also increasing your students' long-term retention. You will be able to instantaneously engage the squirmer and the unfocused in academic language and discourse and more easily access their multisensory learning abilities. Learn how to demystify and impart the abstract vocabulary and concepts to enable students to interpret word problems before they attempt to solve them. Explore a unit guide that will enable you to integrate the vocabulary AND the essential understandings supported with multisensory approaches in any grade level and content area.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Significantly Improve Your ELL Students' Reading and Listening Comprehension
Enable your ELL students to better understand vocabulary such as cause, effect, empathize and infer … Increase oral communication skills with easy-to-use listening and speaking activities that promote more productive classroom talk and communication
- Enhance Learning for Your ELL Students Who Struggle with Understanding Word Meanings
Walk away with classroom tested methods for better comprehension of academic high utility words that boost your students' long-term retention and understanding
- Help Your ELL Students Achieve Higher Levels of Engagement and Participation
Active engagement leads to decreased misbehavior and increased learning … Learn practical strategies that increase active engagement for all students in your classroom
- Learn Specific Ways to Make Academic Vocabulary "Stick"
Learn practical methods to help your struggling readers engage in repetition of target vocabulary multiple times without boredom… Powerful ways to specifically target academic vocabulary at any grade level
- Help Your ELL Students Find Greater Success in All Content Areas
Increase your ELL students' learning in math, science, and social studies… Classroom proven ways to help your ELL students achieve content learning at higher levels
- Amplify the Benefits of Your ELL Instruction with Co-Teaching
Practical strategies for enhancing your ELL co-teaching partnership…Learn ways to build a powerful partnership that benefits your ELL students
- Vocabulary! Vocabulary! Vocabulary!
You will learn how the elusive core meanings of everyday grammar can enable your ELL students to write better … Learn how to present these words in ways that communicate meaning simply and effectively
- New, Innovative Techniques to Boost Content Vocabulary Understanding
Take Total Physical Response to a new level with classroom tested techniques that will expand your students' background knowledge and take learning to new heights
- Easy-to-Implement Steps to Creating a More Powerful Unit of Study for English Learners
Christi will share a sample multi-sensory unit template you will not want to miss … Explore a fully developed content area unit plan where the vocabulary AND the essential understandings are supported with innovative multisensory approaches
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook filled with Ideas for Multisensory Vocabulary Instruction
Receive an extensive digital resource handbook with a wide selection of vocabulary learning activities and printables, academic word lists, academic phrases, a sample unit template, and a full array of implementation tips you can use immediately with your ELL students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Boost ELL students' learning in reading, writing, math, science, and social studies
- Leave with classroom-tested methods to enable immediate comprehension and understanding of academic, high utility words that enables long term memory retention
- Take away methods that instantaneously engage the squirmer and the unfocused
- Activate engagement leading to increased learning, decreased misbehavior
- Learn innovative strategies that increases active engagement for all students in your classroom
- Leave with specific ways to make academic vocabulary really stick
- Learn a method that enables struggling readers engage in repetition of target vocabulary multiple times without boredom
- Receive an application of Total Physical Response that specifically targets high end academic vocabulary
- Significantly improve your ELL students' reading and listening comprehension
- Enable every student to immediately understand vocabulary such as cause, effect, empathize, and infer that enable comprehension of stories and inferencing skills
- Amplify the benefits of your ELL instruction with more effective co-teaching
- Learn practical strategies for enhancing your ELL co-teaching
- How to significantly expand your students' background knowledge and take learning to new heights
- More effectively teach abstract terms necessary for successful content area academic discussion and writing
- Learn powerful techniques to help your students unlock their understanding of word problems … Demystify and impart the abstract vocabulary and their concepts to enable students to interpret word problems before they attempt to solve them
- Explore a content area unit where the vocabulary AND the essential understandings are supported with innovative multisensory approaches
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
If you are like me, you feel strongly for that ELL student in your classroom, struggling daily to keep up with content understanding and literacy growth. No matter what you try, nothing seems to connect their native language intelligence with successful academic performance in English. You have tried somewhat helpful curriculum-based strategies, but those skills alone have not effectively helped your student to harness all the ideas contained in academic language and transfer them into their own functional use. You know in your heart that academic vocabulary knowledge and skills can unlock success for this student, but you need a better path to get there.
This unique one-day seminar provides just that! I am prepared to share with you a variety of highly practical strategies you can use immediately to enable your ELL students to better understand the content and concepts you are teaching. Accessing multisensory learning skills and a focused approach to word meaning will help your students improve their reading and listening comprehension and foster longer term memory retention. This seminar is designed to give you practical strategies you can use in your classroom immediately.
Please join me for a day packed with powerful ways to get your ELL students working at their full potential. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar and sharing our passion for teaching young English learners!
P.S. My entire emphasis will be on PRACTICAL strategies you can immediately implement with your own ELL students!
Who Should Attend
K-12 Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Paraprofessionals, ELL Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Powerful resources for helping ELL students at the various stages of language acquisition
- Specific strategies and activities for implementing effective multisensory vocabulary instruction
- Practical ideas for helping your ELL students improve their reading, writing, listening, speaking for greater overall school success
- Access to K-12 ELL tools and materials you can use immediately
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using multisensory vocabulary instruction to improve ELL students' learning.
Christi Gilbert will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.