Using Purposeful Play to Increase the Success of Your ELL Students
Presented by Adam Peterson
Specifically Designed for Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, ELL Support Staff and Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- Play-based ELL strategies to enhance your literacy curriculum
- Build your collection of purposeful play ideas and resources for English Language Learners
- Interrupt language learning gaps with classroom tested strategies
- Significantly improve your ELL students' success
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you a Pre-K or Kindergarten educator teaching English Language Learners in search of practical ways to help your young learners significantly improve their academic and social growth? This seminar has been designed to address the needs of your young ELL students using a play-based environment! In this NEW program from award winning teacher and best-selling author, Adam Peterson, you will discover positive, engaging, interactive, and age-appropriate strategies that will help you implement purposeful play for English Language Learners right away in your classroom.
Whether you are setting up your classroom for the first time, or enhancing your established early learning program, you will leave with dozens of ideas to help your early learners self-manage during play-based activities, feel more confident in their conversations, and best of all… have fun learning English through play-driven activities!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Improve Your Pre-K and Kindergarten ELL Students' Success
Help your students feel successful from the start and all year long … Classroom-tested strategies to improve your students' success and confidence
- Play to Strengthen Your ELL Students' Content Vocabulary
Learn vocabulary strategies to help Pre-K and Kindergarten students learn new content words for use in future lessons and learning
- Practical Strategies and Routines for More Positive Student-to-Student Relationships
Develop a more positive environment with practical strategies that help students build more productive relationships in your Pre-K or Kindergarten classroom
- Explore Play as a Foundation for Your ELL Students' Language Acquisition
Discover classroom-tested ways to make small group learning manageable so all students can be successful
- Significantly Improve Young ELL Students' Conversation Skills
Learn ideas for improving positive social interactions between your students to make your centers more effective and engaging
- Effective Ways to Help Your Language Learners Improve Reading, Writing, and Math Skills
Explore methods for turn-and-talk activities as well as partner games and crafts to help reinforce standards… Leave with strategies that boost reading skills that are effective and fun
- Purposeful Play Communication to Improve Your Young ELL
In the absence of the language needed to communicate, we know that our young students will often resort to physical action to meet their wants and needs… Learn practical play-based techniques to teach important social communication skills
- Increase Your ELL Students' Participation and Engagement in Early Writing Activities
Make writing more meaningful and engaging … Learn play-based writing activities that encourage reluctant young writers to enthusiastically communicate and share their ideas
- Purposefully Connect Play with Math and Science Vocabulary
Discover ways to make your young ELL mathematicians and scientists feel more accomplished from the start and grow into confident, lifelong learners
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook full of ideas to use Purposeful Play to Improve the Success of Your ELL Students
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for improving the success of ELL students in Pre-K and Kindergarten … Included are dozens of practical ideas and resources
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for implementing purposeful play-driven ELL activities
- Creative ways to strengthen your ELL students' interactions and verbal communication
- Instructional strategies proven to help your students better self-manage when at play
- Outstanding strategies to strengthen early learning in your ELL classroom
- Classroom-tested techniques to teach academic standards in ways young students want to learn
- Effective strategies to reduce student conflict during small group work and play-based centers
- How to anticipate and better respond to the variety of ways your ELL students' struggle to learn
- Proven ways to create a more child-centered English learning environment for Preschool through Kindergarten students
- Readiness activities that help all learners feel more confident from the start of the year
- Ways to strengthen your ELL students' decision-making skills to increase
- Practical, classroom-proven activities for integrating play into multiple subjects
- How to help your students better handle the multitude of social situations at school
- Effective progress monitoring and assessments to help guide your instruction
- Numerous ideas, strategies, and demonstrations to strengthen and enrich your current lessons
- Helpful strategies to guide ELL students who feel less confident and struggle
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Hello, amazing Pre-K and Kindergarten colleagues! It's no secret to us that we have the best job in the world! I also do not have to tell you how challenging it can be to manage so many different styles of learning in your Pre-K and Kindergarten classroom and meet the needs of all your English Language Learners throughout the school day. Learning is social, and our ELL students, among others, can sometimes struggle academically and with socialization due to communication. As early educators, we know that it is in these interactions that children learn how to problem solve more independently and gain important skills from their peers. Let's be honest, kids learn more from each other than we give them credit for. For this reason, I have planned a day specifically to help you create a classroom environment full of purposeful play-driven activities to help improve communication between students and build greater confidence in your ELL students. Using highly engaging play-based ELL activities and student-friendly approaches to learning, you will be ready to start implementing these ideas right away.
Join your colleagues and me for a day of music, games, activities, crafts, and more, all centered around purposeful play to increase the success of your English Language Learners! I will share the best of what has worked for me in my years as a Pre-K and Kindergarten teacher, as well as tried and true activities I've helped other early learning educators around the country implement.
I'm so excited to spend the day with you talking all things purposeful play and giving you multiple ideas that you can use with your ELL students the minute you return to your classroom. I have made it my goal to help make early childhood education the most fun, engaging, and positive experience for all learners and I can't wait for you to join me!
P.S. Confident learning blossoms when our ELL students are engaged in purposeful play, and I plan to share a multitude of practical strategies you can implement right away!
Who Should Attend
Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, ELL Support Staff and Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Specific tools and strategies to help your Pre-K and Kindergarten ELL students thrive at school
- Templates and useful resources for Purposeful Play that increases success for young English Learners
- Valuable information about enhancing purposeful play strategies and Language Acquisition
- Numerous play-based activities you can use in your Pre-K or Kindergarten classroom immediately
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other Pre-K and Kindergarten educators interested in enhancing their ELL program.
Adam Peterson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own Pre-K and Kindergarten ELL program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.