Best Projects, Activities and Strategies to Help Your Students Achieve the NEXT GENERATION SCIENCE STANDARDS (Grades K-6)
Presented by Brad Fulton
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Science Specialists, Instructional Coaches, Technology Integration Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Increase students’ understanding of the NGSSwith engaging, real-world projects, lessons and activities that incorporate the NGSS practices, crosscutting concepts and core ideas
- Hands-on NGSS explorations that are low-cost and high-interest and can be used as is or easily adapted to fit with your science program and meet the needs of your students
- Proven strategies and innovative ideas for focusing on NGSS-related skills including problem solving, collaborative team work, planning projects, and using information to support and discuss ideas
- Easy-to-follow strategies for incorporating NGSS-anchored STEM activities
Practical Ideas and Strategies
How can you easily incorporate the NGSS into what you are currently doing in science, math, reading, and writing without spending hours planning and finding resources that work? Join Brad Fulton and immerse yourself in NGSS lessons, activities and projects that you will be able to use immediately in your own classroom. Brad will show you how to use the NGSS to unlock the scientific and engineering potential in your students and how easy it is to teach science using common, free or low-cost materials to create powerful and engaging lessons that fully communicate the NGSS concepts. Using his simple and practical approach, you will discover quality lessons, labs and explorations you and your students will love.
Don’t miss this NEW, action-packed seminar that clearly outlines a variety of approaches that inspire creativity and exploration through hands-on learning, and will showcase NGSS-based activities that engage students in the excitement of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Help Your K-6 Students Achieve the NEXT GENERATION SCIENCE STANDARDS Using the Best Projects, Activities and Labs
Numerous ideas and strategies to get your students engaged in the NGSS … Classroom-ready and student-friendly projects you can use immediately
- Incorporate the NGSS Crosscutting Concepts into Your Projects
See how easy it is to teach and include the crosscutting concepts in your daily lessons and activities
- Grow Students’ Knowledge and Understanding of the Core Disciplinary Areas in the NGSS
Ideas and projects to cover the core areas of life science, technology and engineering, earth and space, and physical science
- Walk Away with Ready-for-Classroom-Use NGSS Projects
You will leave with projects that you will want to use with your students right away … All have been student-proven and teacher-tested
- Differentiate Your NGSS Instruction so ALL Students Experience Success
Practical strategies to differentiate your NGSS instruction using simple adaptions … Learn how to adapt a single lesson to meet more students’ learning needs
- Easy Ways to Incorporate Math
Help your students see the relevance of math using data in grade-level appropriate graphs … Strategies to develop students’ skills in measurement and data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Get Even Your Most Reluctant or Struggling Learners Engaged in the NGSS with Growth Mindset Strategies
NGSS projects and activities to motivate your struggling learners to participate and begin to develop a growth mindset … All students will see how they can be active and contributing participants in your classroom
- Get Your Students Thinking Like Scientists and Engineers
Learn the steps to get students thinking and asking the questions that scientists ask and defining problems as engineers do in the real world
- Effective Student-Centered Inquiry Strategies
Increase critical and high-level thinking skills required in the NGSS … How you can incorporate problem solving that mirrors real-world experiences
- Free and Low-Cost NGSS Projects and Activities
Implement a content-rich program and projects with limited resources … Make the most of what you already have and can easily get
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Ready-to-use lessons, activities and projects to get students involved in science investigations and the engineering design process outlined in the NGSS
- A wealth of ideas and ready-to-use tools for strengthening your science program to make it come alive for you and your students
- Practical, doable strategies for successfully integrating the NGSS into your instruction without re-inventing your science program
- Classroom-ready and student-friendly NGSS lessons that you can use immediately
- Practical strategies for stimulating curiosity and encouraging creative thinking and problem solving
- Exceptional resources for incorporating highly effective and authentic problem-solving challenges into existing curricular units
- Dozens of links to lessons, online resources and templates that will simplify your transition to a NGSS-centered classroom
- Realistic and doable strategies to incorporate the components of the STEM instructional cycle – research, design, build, test, evaluate, and improve
- Grow your students’ ability to think at high levels through intriguing lessons that promote wonder and reason
- How to differentiate your NGSS instruction using simple adaptions
- Teach students to incorporate technology appropriately into their scientific work
- Ideas to develop students’ ability to communicate and discuss their ideas effectively
- Better understand how to easily navigate and integrate the three major components of the NGSS
- Outstanding, step-by-step examples of how to connect the NGSS to other learning goals you already teach
- Dozens of useful and valuable classroom-ready ideas that will encourage and strengthen science inquiry through challenging and collaborative learning experiences
- Receive a comprehensive and easy-to-use resource handbook to help you reach greater depth in your NGSS instruction
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I am really looking forward to spending a day sharing with you what I have found works with the NGSS in the K-6 classroom! As a fellow teacher, I have spent over 35 years searching for and creating the most powerful science and math projects, using project based learning along with a STEM focus. The NGSS added yet another layer and I am excited to show you how I incorporated the three-dimensional learning outlined in the NGSS into my science instruction. My goal is to give you the projects, tools and resources to unpack the NGSS so you too can design aligned activities and projects to prepare your students for their future success.
During this strategy-packed day, I will share numerous ready-to-use, classroom-proven activities and projects, all aligned with the NGSS. My activities use simple, easily available and inexpensive materials that don’t take hours of planning or prep time. Helping students develop competency with the practices across the four core areas is at the heart of my instruction and has driven my work to create lessons that push students to think critically while collaborating in productive ways with their peers.
This is an exciting time in science for both teachers and students! I hope you will join me and your colleagues for a day filled with unique and creative ideas to strengthen your science instruction and make the most of the NGSS. Your students will be motivated, excited and ready to explore science and engineering and solve real-world problems!
P.S. Be prepared for a hands-on, interactive day that will leave you with practical strategies and ideas you can use immediately to increase the effectiveness of your NGSS instruction.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Science Specialists, Instructional Coaches, Technology Integration Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Classroom-tested and student-approved activities
- Ready-to-teach lessons: Brad has taken all the guesswork out of the process for you
- Lesson overviews, easy-to-acquire materials lists and detailed instructions accompany every activity
- Student worksheets and extensions
- Next Generation Science Standards alignment overviews accompany each activity
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in helping their students achieve the NGSS.
Brad Fulton will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own science program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.