Improving Your Students' Success In Biology And Life Science
Presented by Vincent Mancuso
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Who Teach Biology and Life Science in Grades 6-12, Administrators, Science Coordinators, and Science Coaches
- Best strategies, lessons, and resources to guide all your students to learn Biology and Life Science concepts more successfully
- Practical ideas for increasing student motivation and success in learning Biology and Life Science content
- Powerful Phenomena to spark your students' curiosity about Biology and Life Science concepts
- Receive an extensive Biology and Life Science digital resource handbook filled with innovative instructional ideas, lessons, and resources you can use immediately in your classroom
If you are looking for new, innovative Biology and Life science activities and strategies that are engaging, motivating, and highly effective, then this one-day seminar, designed specifically for science teachers serving grades 6-12, is just for you! In this outstanding, NEW seminar, Vince Mancuso will share dozens of practical strategies, engaging lessons, and the best resources for strengthening Biology and Life science instruction in grades 6-12. Vince will share numerous new and original activities, mini lessons and techniques that will promote greater student success and motivation in learning Biology and Life science concepts. You'll learn practical applications of the new Next Generation Science Standards specifically as they apply to Biology and Life Science instruction. To enhance the usefulness of this seminar, you'll leave with an extensive Biology and Life Science digital resource handbook full of practical techniques and materials to help you put these ideas and strategies to work immediately in your own Biology and Life science instruction.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies for Deeper Understanding of Biology and Life Science Content
Acquire the best tools and strategies to increase student learning of Biology and Life Science content
- Enhance Your Existing Biology and Life Science Lessons
Discover creative and proven ways to reshape and transform your existing lessons into learning experiences that excite, engage, and motivate your students' desire to learn
- Practical, Highly Engaging Lessons Specific to Biology and Life Science Instruction
Use the NGSS goals and objectives to design and facilitate lessons that generate greater interest while maximizing learning opportunities and outcomes in the Biology and Life science classroom
- Teacher-Tested NGSS-Aligned Lessons You Can Use Immediately
Fully developed and field-tested, Biology and Life science inquiry-based lessons … Ready for you to use in your science classroom
- Improve Your Students' Retention of Biology and Life Science Concepts
Using the most current research on learning and the brain, discover innovative approaches to science lesson design that leads to greater retention and deeper understanding of Biology and Life science concepts
- Powerful Educational Tools That Increase Understanding of Biology and Life Science Concepts
Implement cutting-edge approaches towards traditional demonstrations and authentic use of models that introduce greater interaction and deeper understanding of Biology and Life science concepts
- Strengthen Your Students' Scientific Collaboration Skills
Facilitate more meaningful scientific discourse and collaboration … Acquire tools to better frame and navigate the learning environment towards the coconstruction of knowledge
- Enhance Your Biology and Life Science Curriculum with Field-Tested Phenomena
Discover exciting phenomena to that will anchor your current curriculum … Create an improved launch and drive your lessons and projects more engaging and meaningful ways
- Introduce Project-Based Learning into Your Biology and Life Science Curriculum
Discover Project-Based Learning lessons that guide deeper learning and connections between concepts through exciting cooperative learning experiences
- Receive an Extensive Biology and Life Science Instruction Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive Biology and Life science digital resource handbook containing dozens of practical strategies, innovative lessons, and useful resources you can use immediately in your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best strategies, innovative lessons, teaching techniques, and useful resources for strengthening Biology and Life science instruction in grades 6-12
- Dozens of concrete examples, lessons, and strategies to strengthen your Biology and Life science curriculum
- Highly effective techniques for incorporating the NGSS in your Biology and Life science instruction
- Proven NGSS-aligned techniques for increasing student engagement and creating intrinsically motivated students
- Innovative ways to increase student retention of key Biology and Life science concepts
- Novel demonstrations and mini lessons that deepen your students' understanding of Biology and Life science vocabulary and concepts
- Proven ways to differentiate Biology and Life science instruction to help all students develop a deeper understanding of key Biology and Life science concepts
- How to better Launch a Biology and Life Science lesson
- New and innovative Biology and Life Science assessment techniques
- Proven methods to help science students better recall key Biology and Life science concepts
- Reframe your existing Biology and Life Science lessons to be more NGSS- aligned
- Creative ways to move beyond "cookie cutter" labs that result in high student achievement
- Introduce and facilitate meaningful collaboration and discourse into your classroom
- Develop a more student-centered Biology and Life Science classroom
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
As a Biology and Life Science Teacher, I welcomed the sweeping instructional changes introduced by the Next Generation Science Standards. I found that putting phenomena-driven learning as a focus to be one of the most significant improvements to the way I had been previously teaching science. In particular, the three-dimensional approach that helps students make sense of phenomena and learn key Biology and Life Science skills and concepts was a game changer. However, I know first-hand that without practical tools, ideas, and resources, it can be overwhelming. That's why I created this unique, specialized one-day seminar just for you!
This dynamic day is designed to guide and support you as you work to align and incorporate the phenomena-focused goals and objectives of the NGSS into your Biology and Life Science instruction. Regardless of your level of knowledge and implementation of the NGSS, you will leave with new ideas and practical strategies that you will be able to immediately implement. In this seminar, you will benefit from new, cutting-edge instructional tools and strategies, and the experience from myself and other Biology and Life Science teachers who have implemented them. Representing the most current research and classroom-tested strategies, these are practical approaches that, in addition to maximizing engagement, will also lead to greater learning outcomes and student achievement. This highly informative and collaborative seminar will focus on proven, innovative, practical approaches and activities that will strengthen your Biology and Life Science curriculum and your students' achievement.
I hope you will join me for this valuable experience that will inspire and motivate you to immediately implement the resources and cutting-edge instructional techniques I will share at this seminar. You will also leave with an extensive digital resource handbook that includes the resources shared during the seminar. I look forward to our day together and I am incredibly excited to work with you!
P.S. Prepare for an interactive and collaborative day! One main objective will be to fill your toolbox with a wealth of proven and practical tools, resources, and strategies you will be able to immediately implement in your Biology and Life science classroom.
Who Should Attend
Science Educators Who Teach Biology and Life Science in Grades 6-12, Administrators, Science Coordinators, and Science Coaches
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies to enhance achievement and motivate students in learning Biology and Life Science concepts
- Descriptions and examples for increasing student engagement and retention
- Methods of using demonstrations and manipulatives for science success
- Ready-to-use Biology and Life science lessons
- Proven, NGSS- aligned science techniques and strategies
- Approaches to differentiate Biology and Life Science instruction for a variety of learners
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their science program.
Vince Mancuso will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own science program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.