Math Instructional Coaches: Increase Your Impact! (Grades K-6)
Presented by Denise Huddlestun
Specifically Designed for Math Instructional Coaches and Administrators who work at Elementary Schools Designed
- Specific coaching strategies for increasing math learning in all the classrooms you support
- Effective teaching strategies that positively impact student learning in math
- Collaborative processes for determining rich tasks for encouraging mathematical practices of students
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with ideas designed specifically for increasing your impact as a math coach
You won't want to miss this NEW outstanding opportunity to participate in DENISE HUDDLESTUN's timely seminar with updated ideas and strategies for increasing your effectiveness as a Math Instructional Coach. Math learning has been greatly impacted by the past couple of years. Whether you are supporting a new teacher or a veteran, Denise's expertise as a Math Coach will help you strengthen the coaching you do, help you increase your impact on students' learning, and help your teachers close the gap due to unfinished learning. Drawing from over 20 years of coaching, Denise will share only the most practical, high impact strategies that get results. In this seminar, she will provide you with dozens of practical tips, tools, and strategies to assist you in creating, sustaining, or building on your existing practices as you guide teachers to implementing the most effective math strategies. This outstanding seminar will also include proven instructional strategies shown to increase the impact your coaching has on the teachers you support but, more importantly, on the students they serve. Don't miss this opportunity to join Denise and discover powerful math coaching strategies and gain a wealth of new ideas you can immediately utilize.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies for Focused Coaching Sessions
Move away from low impact discussions and toward high yield practices in mathematics … Discover strategies that enhance mathematics learning and lead to greater student achievement in mathematics
- Strengthen Coaching Practices in the Mathematics Classroom
Deepen the conceptual understanding of the mathematics in the teachers you coach … Learn the secrets of keeping your coaching conversations grounded in the mathematics
- Identify Key Components in Building Positive Coaching Partnerships Along with Pitfalls to Avoid
Learn the crucial components of any effective coaching relationship resulting in teachers and coaches becoming more effective and efficient teams
- Ignite the Learning with Ready-to-Use Tools and Activities to Support Coaching, Planning, and Reflecting
Explore resources for modeling high impact instructional practices that support achievement in math
- Strategies to Increase Mathematics Achievement and Build a More Positive Environment
Discover which methods are most effective for building a welcoming, safe environment and increase achievement
- Proven Strategies to Make Best Use of the Coaching Cycle
Practical strategies for making the most of current best practices in math instruction … Proven ways to guide your work and to help you track steps and progress
- Improve Communication and Reflection During the Collaborative Process
Maximize the impact of every coaching session by harnessing the power of teacher choice … Practical strategies to improve reflection on learning, improve learning outcomes and better balance shared responsibilities
- Develop Growth Mindsets in Every Classroom
Explore practical strategies for developing the growth mindset in all learners, both students and teachers, and building positive mathematics identity… Better understand which practices develop confidence and result in deeper and richer learning
- Enhance Your Own Knowledge of High Impact Instructional Practices in Mathematics
Discover dozens of dynamic, highly effective materials and methods proven to enhance the current mathematics instruction of your teachers
- Receive an Extensive Digital Instructional Coaching Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital handbook filled with practical ideas, examples, resources, checklists, and much more!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Reliable, high impact, teaching strategies that can be added to your coaching toolkit – excellent tools for coaching both beginning and experienced teachers
- Strategies for more easily providing teachers with focused, specific feedback to hone their instructional practices and accomplish their identified goals
- Deliberate practice techniques to support teachers in developing their instructional skills
- More ways to support teachers in using the most effective mathematics teaching practices
- Processes for developing common understanding of the expectations of the mathematics standards
- How to create a safe, blame-free environment for collecting and analyzing informal, formative classroom data that will guide teacher practice
- Coaching opportunities that use disaggregated student data to determine adult learning priorities, to monitor progress, and help sustain continuous improvement
- Deliberate and intentional coaching conversations that encourage and support educator reflections about evidence-based practices and focused on learning outcomes
- Observing educators and providing feedback with a focus on students' responses to the instruction
- How to increase your own skills and expertise to meet the specific needs of teachers
- Collaborating to promote reflection of strengths and areas in need of growth in order to identify next steps
- Create job-embedded professional development opportunities for coaching practice at your site
- Ways to build and support a culture of learning and curiosity
- Actively engage teachers who are observing
- How to create an effective system to model effective instruction for teachers and provide valuable feedback based on in-class observations
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
Being an instructional coach is an awesome opportunity that can have a great impact! You get the best of both worlds – working with students and working with teachers. Nothing is more exciting than to listen in on students' mathematical thinking knowing you had a part in their success! Add to that the opportunity to work alongside teachers to analyze what students know and understand, what misconceptions they may hold, and what actions teachers can take to move student thinking forward, and now you have one of the best jobs in education.
As you know, instructional coaches can have a positive influence on teachers, helping them build confidence and increase student learning. Some of the most rewarding experiences I have had as a coach have been when teachers have deepened their understanding, gained confidence, and got excited about using a new classroom proven strategy to increase achievement. That excitement transfers into their mathematics instruction, and students enjoy more engaging instruction and build better math identities that results in increased student achievement.
In this seminar, I will share with you practical, easy-to-implement strategies proven to increase engagement, create safer spaces for learning and building positive math identities. These strategies better support the development of conceptual understanding of content and more effectively implement research-based practices. Be prepared to take back to your school dozens of highly impactful resources to share with teachers. You will be engaged in mathematics tasks that include evidence-based practices, work in collaborative groups to analyze student work for potential next steps for teachers and discuss ways of using the evidence of formative assessments to guide the development of goals for teachers.
I hope you will join me for an engaging day of activities to learn and grow together as mathematics instructional coaches and leaders.
P.S. The focus of our day together will be on sharing practical ideas and strategies I've learned from my own teaching and coaching that I know will strengthen your skills as an math coach and build greater teacher capacity to accelerate student learning in math.
Who Should Attend
Math Instructional Coaches and Administrators who work at Elementary Schools
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Insights into more effective coaching, lesson development and high-impact math teaching
- Formative assessment tools along with data and goal setting tools
- Practical and systematic coaching tips that have proven successful in increasing teacher effectiveness in teaching mathematics
- Powerful sample questions and effective feedback examples for strengthening coaching conversations
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their math program.
Denise Huddlestun will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.