Shauna Yusko shares the best, NEW books for young adults, all of which have been recently published. You will learn highly practical strategies for using these outstanding books in your classroom or library. This seminar is filled with innovative and creative ideas, excellent resources and great, new books to create more confident readers.
Viewers learn how to:
- Practical ideas, tips and suggestions for incorporating relevant teen books across all content areas for grades 6-12
- How to find "clean reads" for your students … Learn the web resources that will help identify possible issues in specific teen titles
- Non-fiction titles that support state standards for informational text
- Utilize the Web to introduce authors, gather book guide ideas, gain insights about selected books, and ideas for using new books with readers
- Get the most for your money when purchasing young adult books
- Practical lesson ideas that work with almost any book
- Debut authors teens don't want to miss
- Extensive lists and annotated bibliographies of authors and titles in a variety of genres
- Best, new books to motivate reluctant readers
- Innovative strategies and ideas for outstanding book talks by adults and teens
Listen to an excerpt from this Audio Seminar and view a sample Handbook:
This Audio Seminar is available in two different formats.
- MP3 download with digital PDF Handbook
- DVD with print Handbook
There are no reviews for this course at this time.