Judy Freeman shares her treasure-trove of the best, NEW children's books from this past year. With more than 20,000 books published each year, teachers and librarians are keen to select only the best titles to use with their students. Going well beyond just familiarizing you with the best of the newly published titles, she will introduce you to scores of engaging strategies to integrate children's books across content areas for Grades K-6.
Viewers learn how to:
- Use current children's titles to strengthen reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language skills as set out in your state standards
- On-target, honest reviews and lively booktalks of scores of new and exemplary children's books
- Practical, motivating and kid-tested reading, writing and illustrating prompts that extend children's response to literature and analytical skills
- How to promote curiosity, knowledge and lifelong learning skills with the best of recently published nonfiction/informational children's books for STEM and across the curriculum
- Easy-to-use strategies for fostering the Four C's (critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity), building vocabulary, improving reading comprehension, and strengthening higher-level thinking skills
- How to rejuvenate, expand and make new connections with your existing repertoire of great books
- How to use music, creative drama, Readers' Theater, storytelling, reading aloud, booktalking, creative writing, poetry, and many other literature extension activities to get your students reading with comprehension, expression, fluency, and joy
- Extensive and annotated lists of the best websites, blogs, listservs, and other online resources for getting to know children's book authors, illustrators and great books
- Unlimited reasons to fall in love with children's literature all over again
Listen to an excerpt from this Audio Seminar and view a sample Handbook:
This Audio Seminar is available in two different formats.
- MP3 download with digital PDF Handbook
- DVD with print Handbook
There are no reviews for this course at this time.