Karen Scott will share the best, NEW books for young adults, all of which have just recently been published. Karen will go beyond familiarizing you with the best of the newly published titles to share practical strategies for using these outstanding books in your classroom or library. This course is filled with great, new books, innovative and creative ideas, enthusiasm, exciting curriculum connections, and news about authors that are all too good for young adults to miss.
Listeners learn about:
- The best, NEW literature to use with teens and to recommend to teens
- New titles by authors who have proven their popularity with teens … Gain ideas to tie these titles to the curriculum
- Practical ideas, tips and suggestions for incorporating relevant teen books across all content areas for grades 6-12
- How to find "clean reads" for your students … Get a list of the 2020 "clean reads" and learn the web resources that will help identify possible issues in specific teen titles
- Debut authors teens don't want to miss
- Best online resources for keeping current with young adult titles and ways you can get access to not yet published books
- Extensive lists and annotated bibliographies of authors and titles in a variety of genres
- Non-fiction titles that support state standards for informational text
- Innovative strategies and ideas for outstanding book talks by adults and teens
- How to get the most for your money when purchasing young adult books
- The diverse titles you need to have on your shelf
Listen to an excerpt from this Audio Seminar:
This Audio Seminar is available in two different formats.
- MP3 download with digital PDF Handbook
- DVD with print Handbook
There are no reviews for this course at this time.