Deborah B. Ford-Salyer will highlight the best, NEWLYpublished children's books, including picture books, chapter books, novels, graphic novels, folklore, poetry, nonfiction titles, and more! Deborah reads and evaluates each new children's book, then develops fresh, innovative ideas to use them in all areas of your curriculum. You'll also learn great ways to use technology to extend your interactions with readers about books in ways they love to learn. Engage yourself in an energizing celebration of the best new books and powerful ways to use them with your students!
Viewers learn about:
- The best new books and dozens of highly engaging, practical strategies to fully involve students in the books they'll love to read
- Highly-motivating websites, apps and online resources to pair with the most outstanding new books
- How to use terrific new books that connect with your state standards
- Tips and demonstrations for filling your read-alouds with energy and enthusiasm
- How to connect to authors and illustrators with little or no budget
- How to use the best new picture books in your teaching
- Hot new ways to use booktalks to sell a book
- Fundraising ideas and money-saving strategies to help make the most of your book budget
- Resources for discovering potentially sensitive areas in books
- Innovative ideas to update your classroom or library with alternative formats and genres of books to stimulate your readers
Listen to an excerpt from this Audio Seminar:
This Audio Seminar is available in two different formats.
- MP3 download with digital PDF Handbook
- DVD with print Handbook
There are no reviews for this course at this time.