This PD Resource Kit takes participants inside kindergarten and first grade classrooms where children are actively and enthusiastically engaged with print, not only during reading instruction but during independent literacy time as well. Master Teacher Darla Wood-Walters guides participants through numerous literacy-boosting, interactive strategies and activities ideally suited to the learning needs of young, primary grade students.
No matter what types of reading programs are being used, the classroom-proven activities and techniques demonstrated in this program will supplement that instruction and strengthen the literacy skills of students.
Viewers learn how to:
- design wall stories that support and challenge emergent and developing-level students and move them forward as skillful, confident readers
- increase young students' careful attention to print by actively engaging them in matching, manipulating, and revising text in a whole group and on their own
- boost the instructional effectiveness of shared and interactive reading well beyond teachers' current expectations
- reinforce primary grade students' accurate reading and writing of high-frequency words during shared reading, writing, and independent literacy time
- significantly increase students' productive, independent interaction with a print-rich classroom environment
- efficiently create class books that young students can and will read (not just look at) over and over again
- strengthen the literacy skills and strategies of ALL kindergarten and first grade students
*Includes a comprehensive facilitators guide, DVD video clips and PD resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.