This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Esports: Creating or Enhancing a High-Quality Program In Your School (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Wiley Brazier
Specifically Designed for Principals, Esports Coaches, Athletics Directors, Teachers and Advisors in Grades 6-12
- The key components of exemplary Esports programs and how to incorporate them in building or refining your own high-quality program
- Cost-efficient ideas for making best use of time, equipment and funding in your Esports program
- Dozens of instantly usable strategies, innovative tips, tools and techniques perfect for your Esports program
- An extensive digital resource handbook filled with ideas designed specifically to help you create or enhance a high-quality program that engages with the local and national Esports community
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW live online seminar, Wiley Brazier, an award‑winning educator, Certified K-12 Esports Provider and national presenter will share practical ways you can create or enhance a high-quality, thriving Esports program.
What is Esports?
- Competitive, organized video gaming teams
- Players face off in popular titles such as: Fortnite, League of Legends, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Overwatch, Halo, Madden
- NFL, and many more!
- Many colleges and universities now have, actively recruit, and provide scholarships for Esports teams under their athletics divisions
- Many middle and high Schools are now offering or considering offering Esports programs
Gain numerous ideas to help you maximize your time and resources to create or enhance a high-quality Esports program. Join Wiley for an inspiring day filled with the practical tips and tools you need. Whether you have an existing Esports program in your school or are new to the idea of offering Esports, you are sure to find a wealth of ideas in this powerful one‑day seminar!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn "What Works" From Those Who Have Successfully Started Esports Teams
Learn from the experience of others who have created highly engaging and competitive Esports programs … Discover what worked and what didn't
- Meet the Needs of Your School and Community with Your Esports Program
Gain practical ideas for creating an Esports Program that will play a vital role in your school and community
- Connect Gamification, Esports, and Gaming Concepts with Instruction
Learn practical ways to enhance your existing curriculum with Esports
- Boost Your Players' STEM Skills with Esports
Discover practical ways your Esports program can support STEM … Specific examples of how Esports can help your students expand their science, technology, engineering, and mathematics skills
- Move Beyond "Just Games" to Create Highly Engaging Learning
Explore how to go beyond playing "just games" to create highly engaging learning experiences for students … Discover a powerful framework to guide your Esports program
- Focus Your Esports Program … Keeping It Real and Reasonable
In the world of Esports, the sky's the limit … Learn how to develop a plan that works within the needs of your classroom, school, community, and budget
- Support Academic Instruction and Accelerate Student Learning
Discover innovative ways to create engaging, student-centered lessons that target your current standards … Explore gaming concepts that support classroom instruction and enhance student learning
- Draw, Engage and Reach New Students with Your Esports Program
Discover you can draw new students with your Esports program who may not normally engage in traditional school teams and clubs … Strengthen relationships within your school and community
- Gain Tips and Tricks from Outstanding Esports Programs
Learn from the experience of others who have successfully created outstanding Esports programs … Avoid common pitfalls and discover what worked
- Receive an Extensive Esports Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with highly practical ideas, strategies, and tips for creating and enhancing a high-quality Esports Program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The latest, cutting-edge ideas for creating or enhancing high-quality Esports programs in middle and high schools
- Outstanding strategies for launching a high-quality Esports program … avoid pitfalls and learn what really works
- Ways to enhance and take your preexisting Esports program to the next level
- The latest blogs, websites and online platforms perfect for your Esports program and increasing students' knowledge and engagement
- The best resources to stay current on the latest developments in the field of Esports
- Ways to secure sponsorships to provide funding and equipment for your Esports program
- How to reach at-risk students earlier and more quickly through your Esports program and team collaboration
- Innovative ways to promote your Esports program to your school and community, including social media marketing ideas
- How to strengthen your Esports program by networking with district, regional, state, and national colleagues
- Esports strategies and gaming concepts to strengthen student achievement and academic success
- The best of the best titles and hardware suggestions to help you create the strongest Esports configuration
- Tips to make the most of your Esports budget
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Esports is the innovative and engaging school program of the future! Don't miss this terrific opportunity to get in on the action now!
This an event unlike any other in the education realm. It is for forward-thinking grades 6-12 principals, Esports coaches, athletics directors, teachers and advisors in search of the latest, practical ways to create the best and most engaging Esports programs.
Esports is about the students. According to the PEW Research Center: Fully 99% of boys and 94% of girls play video games. This live online seminar is for those who want to connect with what students are already doing to boost student participation and ignite a vibrant, new culture for your school. You will gain crucial insights on how to make Esports a key part of your school's culture.
Young cyber athletes learn through gaming in a safe environment, developing stamina and preparation for the real world. Esports is all about community and bringing people together. Come learn how to create or enhance a high-quality Esports program to help your students be part of something they are proud of!
By harnessing students' passion for games and bringing it into the classroom, gaming concepts help to improve academic performance, inclusion, and attendance, all while equipping students with the life skills they will need in college and beyond:
- Improvement in academic performance and attendance
- Engagement and participation
- Teamwork and comradery
- Preparation for future career endeavors
In our day together, we will look at best practices for building or enhancing your Esports program. We will learn what has worked (and what hasn't!). We'll discuss how and where to gather support for your Esports program and how to create a plan that will maximize resources you already have, including ideas to make the most of your Esports budget. We will also examine the educational benefits of Esports.
The bottom line is, your Esports program should be purposeful, meaningful and support your school and community. I designed this seminar specifically to show you just how your Esports program can accomplish these goals. Throughout the day, I will showcase examples of outstanding Esports programs, ideas and activities that you can easily replicate in your own school.
P.S. No matter what age group you work with, this seminar will provide you with the motivation, practical strategies and resources to create or enhance your own successful Esports program. I look forward to seeing you soon!
Who Should Attend
Principals, Esports Coaches, Athletics Directors, Teachers and Advisors in Grades 6-12
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Esports Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical ways to establish or enhance Esports programs in your school
- Key concepts and practices of successful Esports programs
- Numerous low‑cost or inexpensive ideas for your Esports program
- Specific ways to engage students with Esports and gaming concepts
- Ways to generate support and resources for your program
- Numerous, creative, easy-to-implement ideas for strengthening your Esports program
- Models of effective Esports Programs
- And much, much more!
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with others interested in creating or enhancing high-quality Esports programs.
Wiley Brazier will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own Esports program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.