This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
What's NEW in GOOGLE TOOLS and GOOGLE CLASSROOM to Enhance Content Instruction (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Tinashe Blanchet
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- The most important changes and updates to the G Suite platform: Drive, Chrome, Classroom, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and more … Proven ideas for in-person and distance learning environments
- The latest updates to Google Classroom that you can use right away
- The hottest new apps and extensions to improve student projects, collaboration and communication
- An extensive Google Tools digital resource handbook filled with ready-to-use ideas, app recommendations, activities, and more valuable and practical ideas
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Keeping up with constant updates and changes on Google Classroom and Google Tools is challenging. This outstanding NEW seminar is your shortcut to success! Experienced teacher, author and Google Certified Trainer Tinashe Blanchet will skillfully share the latest updates to Google Classroom, Forms, and Chromebooks, focusing on providing you with practical ideas and strategies you can use immediately whether you're teaching in-person or online. This seminar is designed for educators working with students in grades 6-12 who want to make more effective use of Google Tools and Google Classroom to enhance content learning. Tinashe will show you how to better harness the full potential of Google Classroom, Google Drive, Google Keep, YouTube and Chrome in your classroom.
This seminar is appropriate for educators working in in-person as well as in online or hybrid learning environments . You will also receive an extensive digital Google Tools resource handbook that details how to connect to a companion website to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Get the Latest Updates on Google Classroom
Get the latest updates on Google Classroom and learn how Classroom makes assigning and receiving documents easier for both you and your students … Proven applications for in-class as well as online and hybrid learning environments
- Receive NEW Templates and Lesson Ideas for the 6-12 Classroom
You'll receive a selection of lesson templates created using Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms that you can use in your classroom
- Explore the Latest Google Drive Add-Ons
Take Google Drive to the next level by leveraging amazing add-ons for Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Discover the Hottest NEW Chrome Apps & Extensions
Extend the capabilities of your Google Classroom with these NEW Chrome apps and extensions whether working at school or online
- NEW Ideas for Creating Authentic Learning Projects
No more one-size-fits-all worksheets … Learn how to integrate awesome free web-based tools into Google Classroom to power multimedia projects, websites, HyperDocs and more!
- "Secret" Google Products You Might Have Missed
We'll explore several lesser-known Google products that have amazing classroom potential!
- Explore New Tools for Students with Special Needs
Together we will explore the latest accessibility features of Chromebooks, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms ideal for use whether in-person or online
- Discover the Latest Strategies for Grading Student Work
These tips and strategies will help you save time while providing students with useful, personal feedback whether you're working at school or online
- The Latest Chromebook Trends
Learn about the latest features, tools, and strategies for teaching with Chromebooks
- Receive an Extensive Google Tools Resource Digital Handbook and Access to a Specially Created Website with Helpful Resource Links
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical applications of each of the Google Tools presented during the seminar … You'll also receive information on how to access a specially created website with helpful links and online tutorials for a variety of Google Tools
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of proven ways to utilize free Google Tools to increase student engagement in grades 6-12 … Practical applications in-person teaching as well as online and hybrid learning environments
- The latest information on Google Classroom updates and coming features!
- Five new tools you can use alongside Google Classroom
- Efficient ways to use Google Sites for collaborative research projects
- New tools to encourage STEM exploration and skill building with Google Classroom
- Proven ways to work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple-choice and project-based assessments
- Tips for using the hottest, NEW Chrome apps and extensions
- Unusual and creative ways to use Google Classroom to improve collaboration and communication with teams, clubs, and colleagues
- What is Google working on next? Hear about unreleased features that are being developed
- Effective strategies for better organizing digital resources and lessons using Google Drive and Team Drive
- The latest features and ideas for using Google Forms
- Learn about the latest Chromebook trends
- Innovative ways to use Google Drive to design student-centered projects
- Podcasting in the classroom – tools, and strategies to help you get started whether you're teaching in-person or online
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Staying current on the latest trends in educational technology is a difficult task! Google alone pushes out hundreds of updates each year to Google Drive, Classroom, and Chromebooks - tools you probably are using in your classroom!
I make it priority for time to carefully review ALL of the latest updates, trends, and tools for the Google platform and summarize them in this seminar. After attend this seminar with me I promise you that you'll be up to speed on all of the latest and greatest tools, features, and strategies you can use in your classroom!
As an experienced secondary classroom teacher, I know just how precious your time is so I have designed this seminar to show you the most useful applications of Google Tools to enhance content instruction, improve student learning and streamline your communications with parents, students and colleagues.
I invite you to learn with me for a day. My goal is to provide you with the inspiration, knowledge and resources you need to successfully and practically transform your teaching and students' learning experience. I will provide you with a digital handbook that will go far beyond the subjects we are able to cover, as well as a website where you can find more information and frequent updates as Google adds new tools. Whether you are teaching in-person, online or in a hybrid learning environment you will walk away with new knowledge and lesson ideas that can be used the very next day.
I look forward to meeting you online at the seminar.
P.S. I have uncovered so many NEW and not well-known tools and features to share with you! I look forward to sharing practical ways you can use them to enhance your instruction.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Google Tools/Classroom Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive Google Tools digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Detailed lists of the best NEW apps and extensions for each subject area
- Step-by-step instructions with screenshots on the latest features of Google Classroom
- Introduction to Google Tools not covered in the seminar
- A simple summary of ALL of the most IMPORTANT updates and changes to your favorite Google products.
- Links to further resources to continue learning and exploring after the seminar whether you're teaching in-person or online
Tinashe Blanchet will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.