This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Using HyFlex Teaching Principles to Maximize Student Learning (Grades K-6)
Presented by Lori Elliott
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Apply the four pillars of HyFlex teaching in grades K-6 whether in-person or online
- Maximize student learning with practical strategies for more effective technology integration
- Discover the most effective technology tools for in-person or online teaching
- Boost student learning with innovative HyFlex teaching strategies you can apply immediately
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Elementary classrooms are ever-evolving and making use of new technology both in-class and when teaching virtually. With so many options, how do teachers prepare lessons and decide which tools are most effective for learning? In this NEW seminar, Lori Elliott will equip you with practical, easy-to-use strategies for teaching in this quickly changing environment based on the principles of HyFlex instruction.
Embracing the pillars of learner choice, equivalency, reusability, and accessibility can provide a doable framework for technology infused instruction that will lead your students to higher levels of learning. This highly practical seminar focuses on ways to streamline instruction and infuse simple, but engaging technology tools authentically into K-6 classrooms to increase student learning.
Lori loves sharing ways teachers can work smarter, not harder when implementing technology in the classroom. Leave this seminar with practical ideas for enhancing engagement, creativity, and independence with your students and maximizing their learning whether online or in-person.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Apply the Four Pillars of HyFlex Instruction in Your K-6 Classroom or Online Program
Not sure what HyFlex Instruction is all about or how it can be used? Discover the key principles that lead to more authentic technology integration whether you are teaching face-to-face, online, or a combination of both
- Understand How Learner Choice, Equivalency, Reusability, and Accessibility Can Frame Your Instruction
Discover how the four pillars of HyFlex Instruction can be implemented in the K-6 classroom to streamline online instruction
- Maximize Student Learning with Technology Integration Based on HyFlex Instruction Principles
Increase student learning with practical strategies that utilize choice, projects, and creativity using HyFlex teaching principles
- Help Your Students Develop Valuable Virtual Learning Skills
Explore new ways to scaffold learning for students using easy-to-use tools, routines, and procedures for online learning from your classroom or distance learning program … Help your students maintain and extend their online learning skills
- Timesaving Strategies to Ease Your Workload Whether You Are Teaching In-Person or Online
Work smarter, not harder … Discover a step-by-step approach to planning for online or in-person teaching based on the principles of HyFlex Instruction
- Help Students Apply Their Learning Using Innovative HyFlex Teaching Ideas
Encourage your students to become a bigger part of their own learning process by utilizing high quality easy-to-implement technology tools based on principles of HyFlex instruction
- Optimize Your Teaching Time with Students
Explore technology tools that deepen learning and help your students achieve at higher levels … Learn a variety of tools that will increase your students' ability to problem-solving and think critically across content areas
- Provide More Personalized Instruction with Easy-to-Use Digital Assessment Tools
Explore ways to streamline your feedback to students with easy-to-use and effective digital tools you can use for a more personalized and targeted learning experience
- Expand Your Repertoire of Tools and Techniques to Increase Your Students' Motivation to Learn
The best, high-yield technology practices designed to engage and motivate K-6 students in your virtual, face-to-face, hybrid classroom … Learn practical ways to structure your virtual instruction to increase your students' motivation to learn
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook Filled with Practical HyFlex Teaching Strategies
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes practical and innovative ideas, activities, and step-by-step tutorials for the technology tools and strategies shared during this seminar. Strategies are applicable to both in-person and online teaching
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The principles of HyFlex Instruction and how we can use them to better manage online instruction
- How to plan, implement, and manage online instruction
- Practical strategies to engage and empower students using technology tools
- Provide students with routines and procedures for successful online instruction
- Step-by-step approach to planning lessons integrating technology more authentically
- Engage learners and deepen understanding with innovative HyFlex techniques
- Give meaningful and personalized feedback to students quickly and easily
- Receive practical strategies for integrating tech tools into your in-person or online teaching
- Build relationships with students and support learners with simple technology
- Use familiar technology tools in new and innovative ways
- Motivate reluctant students in learning across all content areas
- Motivate and empower students by offering choice in how to demonstrate their learning
- Increase engagement and independence during online learning
- Integrate digital incentives to engage and motivate learners
- Encourage problem-solving and critical thinking through technology tools and tips
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Are you feeling frustrated with the constantly changing situation in education? It seems like the landscape of K-6 teaching demands more flexibility from us and our students than ever before. With the fast-moving and saturated market of ed tech tools, it can be overwhelming to decide which tools are the most effective and which method of lesson planning works best when you are teaching either from your classroom, online, or a combination of both. One way we can make sense of all the choices is to learn from the principles of HyFlex course design. In this seminar, I will share practical strategies based on HyFlex teaching principals of learner choice, equivalency, reusability, and accessibility to make planning and implementation of technology practices in grades K-6 feel doable and successful.
As an experienced elementary teacher, instructional technology specialist, and national presenter on technology innovation, I have explored and classroom-tested some of the best free and low cost tools available for grades K-6 and am excited to share them with you! I have carefully designed this seminar to support each of us in making more informed choices for lesson planning, tools, and technology integration. Together, we will explore the principles of HyFlex instruction and my top tips for engaging students using favorite tech tools along with some new and innovative ones. You will leave this seminar ready to move forward with the support and information you need to implement these outstanding tools and ideas as soon as you return to your classroom whether it is in person or online, or continues to change.
My goal for this seminar is to give you step-by-step help with organizing, planning, implementing, and managing your digital infused classroom through the principles of HyFlex instruction. I cannot wait to share my tried and true tools and practical strategies for student engagement and empowering students to take their learning to the highest level. Please join me for a fast-paced day filled with strategies, tools, and ideas you can truly take and use in your instruction. Come ready to explore, play, laugh, and learn!
P.S. Leave this energizing on-day seminar with dozens of practical technology integration strategies, tools, and ideas you can apply immediately to maximize your students' learning!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Planning tools for technology infused lessons
- Step-by-step tutorials for technology tools and strategies
- Lists of favorite apps and technology tools
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in using HyFlex teaching principles to maximize grades K-6 student learning.
Lori Elliott will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.