Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM and Free G SUITE Apps to Enhance Content Learning In-Person and Online (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Andrew Mann
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Practical strategies to master Google Classroom to enhance content instruction and streamline student engagement in-person, online and hybrid learning environments
- Time-saving workflow methods to improve student learning and provide high quality feedback
- Proven ways to differentiate instruction using free Chrome extensions and add-ons to better meet the needs of all learners
- Innovative methods to better engage students in discussions and collaboration with teacher-tested projects you may copy and customize for your students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this outstanding seminar, national award-winning instructor, and Certified Google Education Trainer, Andy Mann, will show you how to make best use the Google app and manage projects through Google Classroom to improve student engagement and learning. Designed specifically for teachers in grades 6-12, this seminar will provide you with powerful new strategies for leveraging technology resources to improve the learning and organizational skills of your secondary students. You'll leave with a wealth of strategies and resources which can easily be adapted to the needs of your students in any content area.
This seminar is perfect for teachers using Google Classroom every day as well as those just beginning to test the waters of "Classroom." You'll leave this dynamic seminar with ideas you can begin to use in-class and in distance learning environments.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Adjust Google Classroom to Guide In-Person, Hybrid or Distance Learning
See how to easily adjust your use of Google Classroom to support student learning, in all different modes of instruction
- Master Google Classroom Workflow In-Class and Online
Learn to more efficiently manage the Google Classroom workflow to assign, grade and return assignments, manage online discussions and create exit ticket questions to check for understanding whether you teach in-person or online
- Enhance Your Distance Learning Lessons to Increase Student Success
Learn time-efficient ways to create and deliver virtual lessons that effectively boost student engagement and increase student achievement
- Develop Amazing Video Lessons for In-Person or Hybrid Instruction
Follow a teacher-tested design for video lessons which capture students attention using what we've learned from social media
- Connect Google Meet or Zoom to Support Distance Learning
Learn how video conference tools from within your Google Classroom class can be used for review, class discussions, answer questions, and build community
- Develop Projects Students Can Complete on the Mobile Classroom App
Design assignments and discussions students will love to complete using the mobile Classroom app, their camera, and voice to text
- Enhance Class Discussions Through Videos with Flipgrid
Design discussion questions students can complete using the free Flipgrid program with any device, at any time, in-person, hybrid or distance learning
- Learn about the Latest Apps and Strategies to Simplify Feedback
Make it easy to grade and provide feedback by utilizing new apps and extensions including the comment bank, 1 point rubrics and an audio comment extension
- Create Self-Graded Quizzes Using Google Forms
Explore how to use Google Forms for self-graded quizzes – which can be password protected and include image or math formulas
- Receive an Extensive Google Classroom Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook packed with foundation skills, tips and practical projects for in-person and online learning â€¦ You will also be given an ebook copy of Andy's presentation – making it easy to take notes, access web resources and copy/customize Classroom projects
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Proven ways to quickly adapt your Google Classroom class from in-person, to hybrid, to entirely online as needed
- Timesaving strategies which utilize the latest Google updates making Classroom and Google Apps more efficient
- Core Google Classroom strategies to simplify workflow and student/parent communications in-class and online
- Ways to more effectively differentiate instruction to accommodate all students with Google's built-in accessibility options and featured Chrome extensions
- How you can deeply engage student creativity with projects that use the built-in camera and mic and free audio and video apps
- How to develop the collaborative skills employers desire by creating collaboration projects with Google apps – assigned and managed in Google Classroom
- Step-by-step directions for creating captivating videos and screencasts which draw students into a lesson and create an environment for new learning – in-person or at a distance
- "Share to Classroom" the most useful non-Google apps – making it easy to add Google Classroom assignments from great educational web apps
- Timesaving tips to use Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading quizzes, choice and project-based assessments
- Innovative ways to use Google Slides for visual learners utilizing mind-maps, graphic organizers, infographics, math templates, and more
- Ways to weave video conference tools into your Google Classroom class to support hybrid and distance learning
- How to ask questions in Google Classroom's Classwork Question which encourage higher-level thinking and group discussion
- Sample student-tested Google Classroom strategies and projects which you may copy and customize for use in your in-class, online and hybrid learning environments
- New ways to use Google Classroom, tips and shortcuts – new users and Google Classroom veterans will love
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
This is an exciting and challenging time to be a teacher. With instant access to information and tools such as Google Classroom and Chromebooks, our role has shifted from knowledge expert to guide and coach. Add the potential to shift from in-person, to hybrid, or entirely online – as teachers we must adjust. The good news is that Google Classroom and the Google EDU Suite are designed to support all modes of instruction. The Google EDU Suite provides a platform students can use to become successful collaborators, clear communicators, and creative problem solvers – all skills in demand from employers. Join me for this day of exploring the best strategies for using Google Classroom to better manage workflow, grade, and provide feedback as you sample higher level thinking Google apps projects. Our time together will include time for new learning, interaction, small group discussion, and time to practice and try out new learning. You'll learn how Classroom can improve student organization and parent communications.
I invite you to come learn with me for a day. I will provide you with an extensive digital resource handbook packed with foundation skills, tips and practical classroom projects. We will go on this journey together.Whether you are an experienced Google Classroom teacher or just getting started, you will leave with practical, student-tested lessons that you may freely copy and customize for immediate use with your students.
It does not matter if you teach in-person, hybrid or online – you'll leave with new skills and ideas you can begin to use the next day.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. As a veteran secondary teacher, I understand the extra effort it requires to be out of the classroom, even for a day. I promise you that our day learning together will be well worth your time. You will leave with a greatly expanded repertoire of practical strategies and timesaving tips you be able to use immediately.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators.
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
You'll Receive an Extensive Google Tools and Apps Digital Resource Handbook, a Copy of the Slide Presentation and Access to a Specially Created Website
Each participant will receive an extensive Google Classroom digital resource handbook and accompanying slide deck designed for this seminar. The handbook and eBook include:
- A detailed overview of the ways you can save time and increase your effectiveness using Google Classroom in-class and online
- Practical strategies and ideas for integrating G Suite and Chromebooks into the curriculum
- Detailed information about the best non-Google apps which can seamlessly connect to your Google Classroom classes for easy integration
- Tips and tricks and for using Google Classroom, Google apps and the latest learning tools
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in using Google Tools and Apps to enhance their instructional programs in grades 6-12.
Andy Mann will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your classroom, school or district.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now