DISTANCE LEARNING: Maximize Student Success Online Using Innovative Google and Ed Tech Tools (Grades K-6)
Presented by Christalle Hart
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- The keys to practically and successfully teach complete distance learning lessons to strengthen students' engagement and learning online
- Practical ways to utilize innovative Google and Ed Tech Tools to enhance online learning in grades K-6
- Timesaving ways to organize the distance learning cycle … Create, assign, engage students and provide feedback, all while maintaining your sanity
- How to make best use of highly engaging, impactful, motivating, and easy-to-use tools perfect for distance learning, including Kami, Screencastify, Edpuzzle, Quizizz, Flipgrid, Pear Deck, and more!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, live online seminar is designed for grades K-6 educators who want to maximize student success online while using innovative Google and Ed Tech Tools. Outstanding teacher and Google Certified Educator, Christalle Hart, will show you how to more efficiently tap into the power of distance learning. Learn essential ways to enhance your online instruction with many of the most useful Google Tools for distance learning including Google Docs, Draw, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Extensions, and more! Explore outstanding ways to unlock powerful student collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity, whether in distance learning or your physical classroom.
No matter your experience level with distance learning or these powerful tools, you will leave this seminar with a wealth of practical, use-tomorrow ideas. You will also receive an extensive digital distance learning resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing all the tools and apps presented in this seminar, plus access to Christalle's specially created Google Classroom to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Essential Practices for Powerful Distance Learning
What every K-6 educator needs to know about fully tapping into innovative Google and Ed Tech Tools … Explore the best, most useful tools for maximizing student success online
- Maximize Student Voice, Engagement and Learning
Learn essential ways to use Flipgrid to help your students verbalize their learning using video … Enhance online lessons with Pear Deck and watch student engagement soar
- Timesaving Strategies to Boost Your Productivity AND Effectiveness
Employ the best FREE Google Tools, Chrome apps and extensions to help you save valuable time while increasing student success and learning online
- Streamline Your Workflow and Easily Give Feedback with Google Classroom
Learn essential strategies to assign documents, name and submit assignments, provide feedback, and grade and return assignments … Discover the power of Google Classroom whether in distance learning or in your physical classroom
- Digitally Differentiate Your Instruction and Interventions
Discover a host of ways to assign class work to different subsets of students while engaging in distance learning … Better meet the needs of your diverse grades K-6 learners
- Utilize the Best, New Google Tools Features for Distance Learning
Discover the latest, best features of Google Tools to better support you and your students with distance learning
- Create and Curate Content with Screencastify and YouTube
Learn how to easily create tutorials, screencasts and playlists to provide greater support and maximize your students' learning online
- The Best Ed Tech Tools and Tips to Enhance Your Online Instruction
Explore a host of digital tools and tips perfect for strengthening your online instruction … Enhance warm-ups, lesson presentation, independent work, exit tickets, and more!
- Increase Student Motivation and Collaboration
Make the most of G Suite, Jamboard, Flipgrid, and Kami … Learn powerful ways to increase student motivation and collaboration while saving valuable teacher time
- Receive an Extensive Digital Distance Learning Resource Handbook and Special Online Access
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google and Ed Tech Tools presented … Receive access to Christalle's specially created Google Classroom, containing helpful online resources and tutorials
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best, most useful ways to strengthen distance learning using innovative Google and Ed Tech Tools
- Timesaving tips and tools to make distance learning easier
- The latest Chrome extensions that are most applicable to online elementary instruction … Find, download and install
- Work smarter, not harder … Use Google and Ed Tech Tools more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple-choice and project-based assessments
- How to differentiate your online instruction using G Suite tools
- Advanced Ed Tech apps to streamline your work … Provide students with immediate, real-time feedback
- Ways to streamline online routines and classroom management
- Practical strategies to make a dramatic difference with your online instruction
- Fun, highly effective ways to encourage collaboration, problem solving and deeper learning online
- How to enhance online instruction using Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your students online in productive and collaborative learning
- Valuable tools to help you make the most of screencasting and quick checks in your instruction
- Innovative distance learning strategies … How to implement the most cutting-edge Ed Tech tools perfect for grades K-6 students and teachers
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Today, more than ever, our grades K-6 students need rich opportunities for communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking. The good news is that there are a ton of terrific Google and Ed Tech Tools that can promote exactly this kind of learning in your online classroom. And finding and learning how to best use these tools for distance learning does not need to be a daunting or challenging task. I can help you!
As an experienced distance learning and elementary school teacher, I have personally witnessed the power of Google and Ed Tech Tools to transform and strengthen my instruction. I have designed this day specifically with you in mind. I am excited to share the best of what works and what does not, based on my extensive use of these innovative tools with my own students, and in my training and coaching support of other grades K-6 teachers.
In our day together, I will share the best, most innovative distance learning technology tools, specifically for your grades K-6 program. Prepare to discover a wealth of outstanding ways you can easily increase student engagement, effectively differentiate, and provide real-time formative assessment and feedback while in distance learning. Best of all, the tools and strategies I share will allow you to be more efficient and effective, ultimately saving you valuable time.
No matter your experience level with distance learning or these tools, I look forward to helping you discover effective, practical, timesaving tools and strategies you can use immediately to enhance your online instruction. You will leave with a wealth of tools and strategies perfect for maximizing the success of your grades K-6 students online.
I look forward to spending the day with you!
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Seminars
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Distance learning ideas and best practices for online instruction
- Practical, timesaving strategies and ideas for distance learning using Google Classroom and G Suite
- Descriptions, images and publishers of the newest, most effective Chrome extensions for grades K-6 educators
- Tips and tricks for using Google Classroom, Google Drive and other resources to greatly enhance your online instruction
- "How to" screenshots of a variety of apps and extensions
- Ed Tech tools perfect for warm-ups, lesson presentation, independent work, collaboration, and exit tickets
Christalle Hart will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own grades K-6 program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now