DISTANCE LEARNING: Successful, Practical Strategies (Grades 3-5)
Presented by Jackie Pickett
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 3-5: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, and Administrators
- Understand how to more effectively use digital tools to complete collaborative distance learning lessons
- Gain insight on how to more effectively engage students in an online environment utilizing Google tools and more
- Learn new websites, apps and Google extensions to enhance lesson design
- New, more effective ways to engage students in learning using online resources
- Practically and successfully complete distance learning lessons with student engagement at the core
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This interactive and NEW Live Online seminar is designed for grades 3-5 educators who want to learn new and innovative ways to engage students inside and outside of the classroom. Learn how to create interactive lessons using Google and other Ed Tech Tools. Experienced teacher Jackie Pickett will show you how to foster digital content to create impacting learning experiences for your students. Learn the power of film production, the value of Google Classroom, Docs, Slides, and Forms.
These tools, as well as many more, will allow you to unlock new opportunities for collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and communication among your learners. In addition, participants will also learn how to differentiate instruction and develop assessments to support students' online learning. While these skills will be helpful and practical during distance learning, they will increase student engagement and can be applied into classroom communities as well.
No matter your experience level with distance learning or these powerful tools, you will leave this seminar with a wealth of practical, use-tomorrow ideas.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Digital Tools to Support Collaboration
Not sure how to engage students in collaboration while digitally learning? Explore tools that will support this initiative … Learn more about how to fully utilize Google apps, Flipgrid, Padlet, Educreations and many more!
- Increase Student Engagement
Encourage students to become a part of the learning process by utilizing Ed Tech Tools to help engage students and foster a deeper understanding of classroom content
- Understand How Video Making Can Impact Student Mastery
Using classroom proven, easy-to-implement video making tools to deepen students' understanding content
- Utilize Google Tech Tools to Increase Collaboration
Looking for ways to engage students in collaboration using Google tech tools? Learn easy ways to help students work together through digital collaboration
- Differentiate Learning for Students Using Digital Tools
Learn how to use the Google Classroom to support student differentiation and help students based on their needs
- Learn the BEST Tools for Digital Learning
Explore a host of digital tools, learn new ways to use them, and tips perfect for strengthening your online instruction … G-Suite, Padlet, Flipgrid, and Zoom … just to name a few!
- Develop Digital Lessons for Immediate Implementation
Leave this seminar with dozens of digital tools ready for immediate implementation
- Create Interactive Slides Through Student Collaboration
Explore the different ways to utilize Google Slides, using collaboration, hyperlinks, bitmojis and more!
- Maximize Student Voice, Engagement and Learning
Learn essential ways to digitally receive student feedback through Flipgrid and Padlet … Discover tools to help develop your students' speaking and writing skills
- Receive an Extensive DIGITAL Distance Learning Resource Handbook and Special Online Access
Each participant will receive an extensive DIGITAL resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google and Tech Tools presented … Receive access to Jackie's specially created Google Classroom, containing helpful online resources and tutorials
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best digital tools to support student engagement
- How to use video making to develop student writing
- Ways to use digital assessments efficiently
- Utilize Google Suite Tools as an advanced user or a beginner
- A plethora of ways to differentiate instruction
- Valuable ways to maximize student voice, engagement and learning
- How to increase time management through instructional videos
- Develop digital lessons for immediate implementation
- Quick and effective ways to support collaboration among students
- Strategies to support technology integration inside and outside of the classroom
- The newest tools in digital learning and how they can enhance your lesson design
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Never before have we been asked to tackle a challenge like the one related to distance learning. As educators, we have faced this unique opportunity – teaching outside of our classroom walls – with the determination to meet the needs of our students despite the obstacles it brings us. We have been asked to embrace the world of digital learning and help our students not lose a day of learning. As we think about our current educational system it is important to embrace collaboration, communication, critical thinking and creativity. But how do we do this if our students are not with us each day? Luckily, there are amazing tools and resources that can be used to help our students stay engaged in learning, whether that be virtually at home, or together at school.
In my experience as an upper grades teacher and Instructional Coach for many years, I have successfully used a variety of technology tools to create engaging lessons where all students succeed. I have personally seen the impact of student learning through flipped videos, Google tools, Padlet, and Flipgrid (just to name a few!). These resources have not only impacted my students' foundational skills, but allowed me to create lessons with collaboration in mind. I know they will work for your students too!
I am eager to share these resources with you and am excited for you to walk away with new tips and tricks to add to your bucket of tools. Thank you for jumping into digital learning with me, and I am looking forward to our day together!
P.S. I have personally witnessed how Google and Ed Tech Tools can transform grades 3-5 distance learning. Join me for a day filled with dozens of classroom-tested, student approved activities that will make your job easier!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 3-5: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Seminars
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step videos to demonstrate strategies
- Current, innovative strategies for developing student-centered learning online
- Strategies to differentiate online learning
- Tools, tips, and tricks for video making in the classroom
- The newest tech tools and strategies for digital learning
Jackie Pickett will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now