This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
SCHOOL NURSES: Best, Up-to-Date Critical Strategies to Address COVID-19 and Related Issues
Presented by Vickie Beckwith, RN, MSN, PHN
Specifically Designed for School Nurses, District Nurses and School Health Services Coordinators Serving Grades K-12
- Respond with greater confidence to COVID-19
- Proactive strategies to support students, staff and families
- Increase your understanding of the COVID-19 FACTS, so you can help your students, staff and families avoid the trap of MYTHS
- Clarifications of recommendations by NASN, CDC, WHO and more
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Every school nurse plays a critical role in the healthcare of their schools. As an essential member of your school’s pandemic response team, you may be wondering, “How best can I support my students, staff and community in this pandemic?” VICKIE BECKWITH has answers. In this NEW, timely seminar, you will learn how your role has changed, the strategies needed to successfully navigate this pandemic and the practices you can put into place as your school pivots between traditional, school-based learning and the virtual environment found during a “Stay-at-Home” order.
Join Vickie to better understand the current guidelines as laid out by NASN, CDC, WHO, and more. Vickie’s practical approach will empower you to implement the strategies needed by your school in manageable, responsible ways. Health and safety is our current priority. In this seminar, gain the critical tools needed to achieve the greatest success.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- What Every School Nurse Should Know About COVID-19 and Its Impact on Schools
Build your understanding and skills to better assist students, staff and families … What school nurses can do to more effectively support their school
- Explore Issues Schools Need to Address
Learn how to address myths, worries and anxiety … Steps schools need to take to maximize safety
- The Crucial Role of the School Nurse
Be better prepared for your critical role at this unique time
- Evidence-Based Models and Programs
Discover evidence-based programs schools and districts are implementing to address the pandemic … Ideas you can use to develop systems in your own schools
- How to Deal with “Facts” … Are They Real or Not?
Don’t let “facts” mislead your school … Get the latest, most up-to-date information from leading experts – Learn how to stay informed without being overwhelmed
- Strategies for More Effective Communication and Community Outreach
Practical tools for supporting your community, tips for creating positive communication cycles, and easy-to-implement strategies for dealing with angry or anxious parents and staff
- Trauma-Informed Care … Promote Resiliency, Hope and Wellbeing
Explore the basics of trauma and psychological first aid. Examine the important role school nurses can play in supporting the overall health and well-being of students, families and staff
- Streamline Crisis Response
Learn highly effective practices to plan for and address COVID-19 issues that occur before, during and after school reopens
- “Must Know” Information School Nurses and Health Team Members Need to Effectively Respond
The latest information from NASN, CDC, WHO, FEMA, NASP and more, will assist you in procedures and plans
- Receive a Comprehensive Digital COVID-19 SCHOOL NURSE Resource Handbook
Dozens of resources designed specifically for school nurses … You’ll leave with a comprehensive digital resource handbook
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Get the facts … separating good information from bad
- Common sense guidelines and checklists
- Tips on collaborating with administrators, teachers, and families
- Proactive approaches to supporting parents and children as they grapple with the fears associated with re-entry
- Learn how to create a safe school environment
- Receive protocols and guidance for navigating when students or staff get sick
- PPE, facemasks for school, and more … what should we have in place?
- Learn about the stages of COVID-19 grief and strategies for healthy coping
- Age-specific signs and symptoms as well as how to talk with students K-12
- Psychological First Aid – learn what you need to know
- Helping children cope – Top 10 tips to reduce anxiety based on SAMHSA guidelines
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
School nurses play a vital role in the struggle on how best to manage the COVID-19 crisis in schools. I have created this program to help you address the challenges we are currently facing. This program will identify best practices, guidelines and strategies to meet the needs of students and their families in times of a pandemic. You will learn practical approaches for day-to-day operations, community outreach, strategies to stay informed as well as exploring new ways to address trauma. Get tips and strategies from evidence-based models to help you build a safe, supportive environment enabling staff, students and families to move forward in a positive manner.
Join me and other school nurse colleagues to share stories and gain insight into what will help you become more successful and less stressed during these unique circumstances. Discuss concerns and standards for a safe practice. Learn how to avoid feeling overwhelmed and burned out. Take back up-to-date recommendations, strategies and action items you can use immediately. My hope is that this program will help you feel refreshed, confident and ready to meet our new challenges.
Vickie Beckwith, RN, PHN, MSN
P.S. I know how valuable your time is. This seminar will focus on PRACTICAL ways to support you!
Who Should Attend
School Nurses, District Nurses and School Health Services Coordinators Serving Grades K-12
About BER Live Online Seminars
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital COVID-19 SCHOOL NURSE Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies, ideas, resources, and more to help you and your school staff effectively and safely pivot between virtual and traditional school
- Ways to support your community
- Strategies to ensure critical supplies are in place when needed
- Practical self-care tips
Vickie Beckwith will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Earn Nursing CEUs
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 15144, for five (5) Contact Hours for RNs and LPNs. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/nursing-ceus.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.