Using Specially Designed Instruction to Improve Outcomes for Students with Disabilities
Presented by Jennifer Holloway
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12 Special Education Resource Specialists, Special Education Teachers, and Paraeducators who Support Students with Special Needs
- The best, high-leverage practices to maximize positive outcomes for students with special needs, while saving valuable teacher time … Strategies that work – whether you are teaching at school or online
- How to use Specially Designed Instruction to increase achievement and progress on IEP goals
- Build on the success of your current special education practices with highly effective, ready-to-use instructional strategies
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook and access to Jennifer's e-resources
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for new ways to enhance and invigorate your Specially Designed Instruction? Join experienced special educator, Jennifer Holloway, for an outstanding day full of practical, high-leverage strategies designed to accelerate the achievement of students with special needs. In this NEW seminar, explore evidence-based practices that are highly effective and address the complex and varying needs of your students with special needs.
You'll learn practical ways to document how and when services, accommodations, and modifications are given so that progress toward a student's IEP goals is continually monitored. Jennifer will share proven ways to enhance your in-person or distance learning model so that you can more effectively provide specially designed instruction to target the special learning needs of your students.
You will leave with a wealth of practical, high-leverage strategies and an extensive digital resource handbook and access to Jennifer's e-resources to help you maximize positive outcomes for your students with special needs – whether you are teaching at school or online.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Your Students' Specially Designed Instruction
Learn proven ways to provide each student's specially designed instruction needs both online and in-person with appropriate adaptations
- Maximize Student Outcomes with Specially Designed Instruction (SDI)
Help your students with special needs make strong gains across all educational settings … Incorporate SDI that is manageable for you and highly effective, responsive and impactful for your students
- Provide Specially Designed Instruction to Ensure Students Make Significant Gains
Incorporate the three essential components of Specially Designed Instruction for resource rooms and inclusive classrooms and learn how you can better address the unique needs of your students … How SDI impacts what you do in both inclusive classrooms and resource rooms
- Strategies to Support Classroom Modifications, Accommodations, and Interventions
Ideas and strategies that help classroom teachers better meet special needs students' IEPs … Discover modifications, accommodations and interventions that work in any general education classroom
- Tools to Increase Achievement
Learn innovative ways to use different materials and tools designed to promote increased engagement and achievement for students with special needs
- Monitor Interventions and Student Progress Toward IEP Goals
Document how and when services, accommodations, and modifications are given with digital record-keeping, portfolios, online notebooks, and interactive slides … Great tools for either online or in-person teaching
- Gain Valuable Resources That Support Specially Designed Instruction
Explore Jennifer's e-resources that provide creatively designed communication supports, academic and learning strategies, scaffolding, computer-based tools, and so much more!
- Increase Your Students' Engagement
Whether teaching virtually or in the classroom, learn from Jennifer's modeling of activities to increase student engagement … Use immediately when you return to school or your online learning environment
- Maximize Your Effectiveness
Strengthen your practice with process, content and products that will work in variety of settings and for students with all levels of cognitive functioning
- Receive an Extensive Digital Specially Designed Instruction Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital Specially Designed Instruction resource handbook specifically designed to provide practical tips, strategies, and techniques for your in-person or online Specially Designed Instruction and access to Jennifer's e-resources
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies and the best hi-tech and low-tech tools to enhance learning for students with special needs whether online or in-person
- How to establish protocols that adapt, but do not dilute the K-12 curriculum for learners with special needs
- Strategies to increase effectiveness of collaboration as you develop and evaluate Specially Designed Instruction with your team
- Online and offline supports for learners who may be more distractible and inattentive in any learning environment – online or in-person
- Ways to capitalize on student strengths by "checking in" with students with special needs before they "checkout"
- How to enable families as allies so they are better prepared and empowered to support their child with special needs
- Active engagement strategies with a focus on motivation, transitions, and routines
- How to make the in-person or online teaching environment motivating, fun and engaging for students with special needs
- Strategies to accelerate positive outcomes and better address the unique needs of your students with special needs
- High impact methods of incorporating SDI across all educational settings
- Exciting, proven ways to use instructional and assistive technology to increase active student engagement and learning
- Dozens of Specially Designed Instruction strategies that can be used in the classroom immediately
- Tips for selecting appropriate modifications and accommodations to support the ability levels of your students
- Technology tips and resources that enhance virtual and in-person classrooms
- Highly effective classroom-tested visual strategies to increase students' attention and engagement whether in-person or online
- Outstanding websites for valuable free resources
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
"If nothing changes, nothing changes. If you keep doing what you're doing, you're going to keep getting what you're getting. You want change, make some."
– Courtney C. Stevens
Never before in our careers, have we been asked to be so flexible. The changes that have recently been forced upon us have brought us both challenges and inspiration. As a PK-12 special education educator and instructional specialist, I have embraced this opportunity to be a part of this education reinvention.
During this unique seminar, my goal is to provide you with numerous high-leverage strategies you can immediately incorporate into the changes you are currently making in your practice to increase the impact of SDI across all educational settings – whether you are teaching at school or online. I will share with you classroom-proven strategies that are most effective in supporting the learning of students with disabilities. The emphasis will be on highly practical and impactful approaches that are also extremely efficient, saving you valuable teacher time.
Join me to make some change! Together, we will actively engage in strategies designed to enhance and strengthen your practice as a special educator. Leave with dozens of tools to accelerate positive outcomes for students with special needs and increase students' active engagement and learning.
I look forward to meeting you online at the seminar and sharing amazing, easily implemented strategies and resources often overlooked. We will explore both new and reinvented approaches to implementing the most effective specially designed instruction.
P.S. You will leave this live online seminar with a toolbox full of practical high-leverage practices and a new way of looking at developing stronger specially designed instruction.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-12 Special Education Resource Specialists, Special Education Teachers, and Paraeducators who Support Students with Special Needs
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Examples of Specially Designed Instruction and intervention activities and strategies you can apply immediately in your classroom or online
- Strategies to support and empower students who have special needs to handle academic demands both in the classroom and online
- How to develop and expand collaborative roles and responsibilities with general and special education colleagues, students, and families
- Hands-on, minds-on, learning resources and strategies across the content areas that support teachers of students with special needs
- K-12 whether online or in-person
Creative, high impact activities to facilitate the success of students with special needs across diverse educational settings
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested using specially designed instruction to improve outcomes for students with disabilities.
Jennifer Holloway will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now