This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Strengthen Your Online Speech-Language Pathologist Program: Providing Therapy in a Distance Learning Environment
Presented by MariBeth Plankers,
M.S., CCC-SLP, ATP
Specifically Designed for School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists Working Online with Students Grades K-12
- Practical strategies to increase the success of online SLP assessments and intervention for all your students
- Innovative interventions that will engage and motivate the participation of your students across the Big Nine areas of therapy
- Practical strategies that will "hook" students into participating in your online SLP program with enthusiasm
- Optimize your therapy sessions and student relationships through activities that connect your students as they learn using a distance learning model
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What do you need to do to make your SLP distance learning therapy more effective and efficient with your students? Receive a list of web-based interactive resources and applications to share with your students and families. In this NEW seminar by outstanding Speech-Language Pathologist and Assistive Technology Professional MariBeth Plankers, learn the value of play-based therapy and the importance of communication intervention to gain insight into your students learning preferences, comprehension, and critical thinking skills as you assess for continued learning and understanding.
Make every moment count with hands-on and electronic materials that your students can use during and after online sessions for practice and independent work with generalization of skills. Help your students become even more successful communicators through an engaging and motivating distance learning environment.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Jumpstart Your Online Therapy with All Students
Begin each of your therapy sessions with evidence-based intervention plans that will captivate and engage your distance learners
- Unleash the Power of Questioning Designed for the Distance Learning Environment with All Your Students
Strengthen your virtual connection with your students using techniques to increase the success of remote observations, assessment, and evaluation of performance across the Big Nine areas for the SLP
- Virtual SLP Play-Based Therapy â€¦ Is It possible? YES!
Learn how to initiate and manage play-based therapy with your students in distance learning along with acquiring the language needed for communication
- Simple Ways to Provide a Higher Quality Virtual Experience in Your SLP Program
Explore literacy informal assessments and interventions that teach skills for comprehension, narrative language, phonics, and phonemic awareness that can be easily adapted to distance learning
- Increase the Success of Diverse Distance Speech and Language Learners
Invite your students' unique environment and perspective into the virtual setting with specific and innovative activities that keep students wanting to learn more related to their communicative needs
- Strengthen At-Home Generalization Learning
Distance learning provides an exceptional opportunity to model what the speech language pathologist provides for intervention along with demonstrating the generalization for communication of learning beyond therapy
- Incorporate More Powerful Sensory Brain Breaks During Your Distance Learning Experience
Explore the use of sensory integration to empower learners to maintain engagement, participation, and successful outcomes throughout your distance learning sessions
- Encourage a Higher Level of Self-Regulation and Management to Increase Your Student's Online Learning Independence
Utilize the most effective practices to help your students move from a modeled on-screen lesson to more independent practices in their distance learning setting
- Increase Authentic Parent Communication and Family Connections
Expand your repertoire of powerful daily interventions, tasks, and routines that unite the home and therapy room connection
- Practical, Ready-to-Use Materials and Resources at Your Fingertips or Keyboard
Leave this seminar with your own comprehensive digital handbook filled with a multitude of strategies downloadable to your virtual desktop
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Formal and informal SLP assessment tools that will lead to more functional and practical online intervention strategies
- Effective and efficient methods for assessing receptive and expressive language, narrative and written language, voice, fluency, and particularly/phonological skills via distance learning
- Determine measurability for voice, fluency, articulation, and pragmatic production via visual screen presentation for the student to better understand the outcomes and measures
- Applicable ways to incorporate current goals for therapy into distance learning
- How to align your language therapy with the reading programs your students use in the classroom and in online learning
- Current technology, online web-based and application resources that support communication skills and the development across a variety of disorders and communicative needs
- Ideas for incorporating multi-disciplinary instruction, Universal Design for Learning and Assistive Technology through distance learning
- Generalization strategies to help teachers and paraprofessionals better carryover the work you are doing in online therapy
- Various ideas for setting up collaborative treatment programs that are motivating for online learners
- Ideas to make your online therapy more motivating, engaging, and effective for your students across all disorder areas
- Accessible supports from the Assistive Technology Professional to support learners from no-tech to a level of high-tech through online teaching
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Welcome to the digital distance learning therapy room! I have found in my practice that our students are up for the challenge of distance-learning. Think of where they are today, whether we are online, teaching them in their homes or transitioning from online learning to the speech therapy room. I continue to see happiness, smiles, laughter, and excitement for learning. My goal for this distance learning seminar is to provide you with the helpful tools you will need directly from what is working in my own distance learning assessments and interventions. I will model a variety of assessments and lessons so that your confidence will soar as you embrace the uniqueness of online distance learning and therapy.
How can we help, guide, and communicate with those whom we value in the home setting: parents, grandparents, caregivers, agency staff members? I will provide you with intervention plans that will work for guided practice and independent learning for the generalization of all communication skills. You will be on your way to a quality online session each day. Please join me in this NEW seminar to learn strategies, assessments, and interventions that you can truly use in your own distance learning therapy practice. Come ready to talk, sing, play, read, move, and share a day packed with engagement, motivators, and ready-to-use ideas for the SLP serving students in an online environment!
MariBeth Plankers, M.S., CCC-SLP, ATP
P.S. I know how valuable your time is, so my focus will be on sharing practical strategies to make your SLP distance learning therapy more effective and efficient with your students.
Who Should Attend
School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists working online with students grades K-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- "Hear it today â€“ use it tomorrow" assessments and interventions for SPS' working online
- Distance learning tools for improving fluency, receptive and expressive language, literacy, augmentative alternative communications, written language, pragmatic, articulation, and voice
- A variety of specific therapy strategies to increase engagement and motivation for a variety of learners across ages
- Procedures to review, practice, and remind â€¦ cues for making distance learning a quality experience
- Ready-to-use materials in an organized digital resource handbook with guidelines for sharing these resources in a distance learning environment
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their online speech-language pathology programs.
MariBeth Plankers will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own speech-language pathology program.
ASHA - CEUs
This course is offered for 0.50 ASHA CEUs per day (Intermediate level, Professional area).
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.