This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Co-Teaching and Specially Designed Instruction: Powerful Strategies That Work
Presented by Kathy Perez
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Department Teams, Instructional Coaches, Reading Specialists, Paraprofessionals, Administrators and other Specialists who currently Co-Teach or plan to Co-Teach as part of their schools' inclusive practices
- Discover multiple approaches to co-teaching and common pitfalls to avoid maximizing Specially Designed Instruction whether you are teaching at school or online
- How to scaffold and differentiate your co-teaching instruction to better meet the needs of special education students in your inclusive traditional or online classroom
- Acquire dozens of instantly usable strategies, innovative resources, and techniques to engage and maintain students in active learning whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Dozens of ideas to strengthen your instruction and partnership in co-taught classrooms
Practical Ideas and Strategies
As we co-teach to both general education and special needs students both in-person and online, we want to include in our lessons the specially designed instruction students with disabilities are required to receive. In this NEW strategy-packed seminar led by Dr. Kathy Perez, you will discover practical ways to engage ALL students and you will learn the most effective, cutting-edge, classroom-tested co-teaching practices to increase student achievement.
This unique one-day seminar will provide best practices for successful co-teaching and specially designed instructional strategies to increase student achievement. By the end of the day, you will walk away with dozens of highly practical, effective strategies and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you reach your goal of reaching and teaching every student and how to maximize the positive impact of your co-teaching partnership.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Powerful Co-Teaching Strategies to Maximize the Effectiveness of Your Specially Designed Instruction
Explore dozens of specially designed instructional strategies and activities that can be used in your co-taught classroom whether you are teaching in-person or online … Practical ideas that work!
- Motivate Students with Special Needs Through Active Learning in Your Traditional or Online Classroom
Multiple research based strategies to increase achievement in your co-taught classroom … Proven ideas to motivate and engage your students
- Select the Best Instructional Techniques for a More Effective Co-Taught Classroom
Incorporate best teaching practices to increase the impact for all students, especially your English language learners … Make your classroom more language rich and teach your state standards
- Differentiation Strategies to Better Meet the Needs of Special Education Students in Your Co-Taught Classroom
Co-teaching provides an excellent opportunity to better differentiate instruction … Discover numerous methods for differentiating and using cooperative group work to engage all your students
- Make the Most of Implementing Multiple, Flexible Co-Teaching Models in Your Traditional or Online Classroom
How to use various co-teaching models to deliver specially designed instruction … Increase student success by varying your approaches to co-teaching
- Utilize Numerous Tools and Resources to Strengthen Your Specially Designed Instruction
What works in successful co-teaching situations and how you can adapt to meet your students' needs … Ideas for differentiating, using small group instruction, whole class strategies, and numerous resources you won't want to miss!
- What Works and What Doesn't Work in Co-Taught Classrooms and Distance Learning Environments
Avoid the common mistakes that can interfere with collaborative team building … Start out on the right foot and maintain the path to success
- Find Practical Solutions for Challenging Issues in Co-Teaching
Whether you are new to co-teaching or a veteran, new and difficult issues can arise due to students, content complexity and interpersonal differences … Discover strategies that will help you address and prevent issues from getting too big to tackle
- Practical Strategies for Managing a Co-Taught Classroom
Specific strategies to manage a co-taught classroom and small groups to practice targeted skills and deepen understanding for all your students while providing specially designed instruction for students with special needs … How to make it all work!
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook with Many Practical Ideas for Delivering Specially Designed Instruction in your Classroom or Online
Each participant will receive the extensive digital resource handbook written specifically for this seminar to help you implement the dozens of specific instructional strategies to increase the success of your co-taught classroom, whether you are working at school or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to identify and incorporate specially designed instruction into your co-teaching practices whether you are working in-person or online
- Current ways to enhance your co-teaching practices to boost learning and increase active engagement of ALL students
- Explore dozens of ways to incorporate specially designed instructional strategies and activities that can be used immediately
- Boost student learning and active involvement using specially designed instruction in your co-taught classroom
- Strategies to scaffold and differentiate instruction in your co-taught classroom
- Use simple assessment strategies to monitor your students' skill development and conceptual understanding in a co-taught setting
- Avoid the common pitfalls when starting and maintaining a co-teaching program
- Discover multiple co-teaching approaches and models and when to use them for specially designed instruction in your traditional classroom or online
- Experience hands-on, practical co-teaching strategies that increase learning for students with special needs
- Learn ways to maximize student participation in your co-taught lessons whether in-person or distance learning
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies to make students' thinking visible to support effective co-teaching practices
- Gather tools and resources for better working together to strengthen your specially designed instruction
- Explore creative ideas for finding more time to collaborate and co-plan with your teaching partners
- Structure workable co-teaching schedules
- Implement the essential components of a co taught classroom
- Maximize your students' achievement using effective and efficient co-teaching practices that work
- Distinguish best practices to tap the expertise of each teacher in the co-teaching partnership
- Proven strategies for helping students promote a growth mindset, build classroom community, and increase student motivation to accelerate success for diverse learners
- Maximize the benefits of small groups with classroom-tested instructional strategies for co-taught, specially designed instruction both in-person and online
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As both Special Educators and general education teachers, we have the same hope for our students: that they are able to perform to the best of their abilities each and every day. In today's society, we face many challenges as we strive toward this vision of success for our students. Co-teaching is an instructional approach that puts two professionals together to share their expertise to greatly increase the academic achievement of students. This approach absolutely lends itself to providing special education students with a much richer and more effective learning environment.
This seminar is designed to help you create or refine your own unique co teaching program that better meets the specially designed instruction requirements for your students with special needs. The essential ingredient to success in a co-taught classroom is you! Having a repertoire of highly effective instructional strategies to match the specially designed instruction students need will make your job as a co-teacher much easier! As a co-teacher and inclusion specialist, I will share how to build and maintain positive and productive working partnerships, ideas for creative scheduling, identifying the roles of each team teacher, and much, much more! You will discover dozens of ideas and techniques to provide you with classroom tested methods, activities and strategies you can use immediately to support ALL students. You will learn hands-on strategies to increase teacher expertise and build your instructional toolkit to improve student achievement.
Experience shows that students are not the only ones who gain from co teaching. It is a powerful and rewarding model that can have significant benefits for teachers as well. I invite you to join me for a day to help you make the most of your current co-teaching program so everyone can reap the benefits of this research based and very practical method of teaching.
I extend to you a warm, personal invitation to join me in the continual learning and sharing work of ensuring student success. I pledge that you will leave this seminar with dozens of effective co-teaching practices and instructional strategies for accelerating student achievement and decreasing the achievement gap of students with special needs.
Kathy Perez, EdD
P.S. I guarantee you will leave this seminar re-energized and armed with ready-to-use tools that will make a tremendous difference for your co-taught, special needs students whether you are teaching in-person or online. My goal is to provide you with practical strategies you can use immediately to increase student achievement in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Department Teams, Instructional Coaches, Reading Specialists, Paraprofessionals, Administrators and other Specialists who currently Co-Teach or plan to Co-Teach as part of their schools' inclusive practices
Special Benefits of Attending
ExtensiveDigital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ideas for creating a co-teaching learning environment to accelerate student achievement for students with special needs whether you are working at school or online
- Instructional strategies for enhancing differentiation, cooperative learning, and literacy development in your co-taught classroom
- Ideas for building a success oriented co teaching program for all students
- Best, current research on learning
- Dozens of ready to use activities for inclusive classrooms and online teaching
- And much more!
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their co-teaching program.
Kathy Perez will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own co-teaching program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.