This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Strengthening Your Co-Teaching: New, Innovative Ideas for Accelerating Student Success
Presented by Yamiley Jean-Simon
Specifically Designed for K-12 General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, ELL Teachers, and Other Specialists Who Currently Co-Teach or Plan to Co-Teach
- Dozens of practical strategies for making the best use of a variety of co-teaching models to increase student success whether working with students in-person or online
- Practical communication and collaboration techniques for more effectively working together in the co-taught classroom
- Successful co-taught lesson examples using research-based approaches to co-teaching
- Timesaving methods for improving collaborative lesson planning
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This NEW, timely seminar by outstanding presenter YAMILEY JEAN-SIMON is filled with new, effective, updated co-teaching approaches and clear implementation methods. Teaching today's increasingly diverse student population, including students with disabilities or other special needs, comes with the challenge of meeting the needs of all students, without neglecting any of them. One of the most effective ways to accomplish this goal is to partner professionals in the classroom or online learning environment through co-teaching.
In this lively, interactive seminar you will learn the keys for general education teachers and specialists to successfully co-teach in the same classroom or shared teaching space. You will also learn dozens of practical tips, including new, innovative ideas for implementing the co-teaching models, collaborative lesson planning, efficient use of precious class time, and working with a wide range of student ability levels in the classroom. This outstanding seminar will also include proven instructional strategies for use within co-teaching partnerships.
You will leave this seminar with dozens of highly practical, effective strategies and a co-teaching digital resource handbook to help improve your effectiveness in meeting the needs of all your students. You will be equipped with many new ideas for creating a more dynamic and effective co-taught classroom or online learning environment that fosters greater student success.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn the Best, High-Yield Instructional Strategies for Co-Teaching In-Person or Online
Implement powerful strategies to better structure your co-taught classroom and accelerate learning for your students
- Get Better Results for Your Efforts in Co-Taught Classes
Learn which models work best for different purposes … Match your instructional targets and students' learning goals to specific co-teaching models and approaches
- Maintain High Expectations in Your Co-Taught Classroom
Understand innovative ways to keep the focus on rigor and relevance in your classroom … Practical strategies to achieve high standards in your co-taught classroom
- Avoid Common Pitfalls in Co-Teaching
Learn the most common mistakes that can lead to frustration and decreased effectiveness in the co-taught classroom and how to avoid them
- Ensure that Both Teachers are Fully Utilized
Discover the best co-teaching models to make all team members feel valued and useful … Learn timesaving tips for maximizing classroom efficiency
- Work Collaboratively for Greater Student Success In-Person or Online
Understand the key issues co-teachers face and how to better maximize each co-teacher's strengths … How to work more collaboratively to increase the success of your students with special needs while integrating high academic expectations
- Build Upon Your Current Co-Teaching Resources
Identify valuable, easy-to-use co-teaching models to help enhance classroom cohesion and better serve your students
- Engage Your Co-Teacher in Effective Communication
Maintain a strong collaborative bond in the classroom by stablishing clear, organized strategies that build upon both co-teachers' strengths
- Improve Your Performance and Better Support All Your Students
Increase the effectiveness of you and your co-teacher's efforts in the classroom … Meet the needs of your students with a variety of approaches and methods
- Receive a Comprehensive Digital Co-Teaching Resource Handbook
Each participant will leave with a comprehensive digital co-teaching handbook to help implement and retain new strategies whether working at school or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Cutting-edge teaching methods to help you more efficiently organize and re-structure your co-taught classroom to better serve your students, whether working at school or online
- Easy-to-implement ways to help you better coordinate with your co-teacher
- Specific methods to more effectively address diverse student needs of your co-taught classes
- Timesaving strategies to help vary your co-teaching models and avoid stagnation in the classroom or online learning environment
- An expanded repertoire of skills to more successfully manage the challenges you and your co-teacher face every day
- Powerful ways to give your students access to more tailored instruction
- Proven strategies to maximize learning outcomes for your students
- Strategies that help students develop an understanding of their learning needs
- Co-teaching models and approaches that work best in different situations to maximize learning outcomes
- Practical ideas for motivating, engaging and empowering your students
- Ways to make the most of two teachers in whole group instruction
- Proven strategies to better meet IEP goals in co-taught traditional or online classrooms
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Have you ever wondered how you can better meet the wide range of student needs within a co-taught classroom? Are you curious as to which co-teaching models will support your students best? Do you find it challenging to create a co-taught classroom or online teaching environment in which all adults are best utilized? These are some of the questions and challenges faced by many educators in today's co-taught classrooms and online learning settings.
I have designed this unique seminar to inform and excite you with many highly effective strategies and proven techniques for better supporting your students in a co-taught classroom. It will also provide you with many tools to enhance your co-teaching toolkit, making this seminar meaningful for new co-teachers and experienced co-teachers alike.
During our day together, I will share dozens of strategies you can use immediately in your co-taught classroom. You will learn proven strategies for better meeting the needs of diverse learners while engaging in best practices for co-teaching.
You will leave this seminar feeling empowered to incorporate what you have learned into your own classroom or online teaching experience!
P.S. You will leave this seminar with many co-teaching techniques and strategies to help you better serve the needs of your students, whether you are working in a classroom or online.
Who Should Attend
K-12 General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, ELL Teachers, and Other Specialists who currently co-teach or plan to co-teach
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Descriptions of critical co-teaching models
- Samples of co-teaching lessons across different content areas
- Tools for evaluating your co-teaching program
- A bibliography of resources on co-teaching
- Teacher-friendly lists of instructional strategies tailored for co-taught classrooms, whether you're working at school or online
Yamiley Jean-Simon will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.