CO-TEACHING: Effective Strategies for the Successful Co-Taught, Inclusive Classroom
Presented by Melissa Robertson
Specifically Designed for K-12 Teachers, Special Education Staff, and Other Specialists who Currently Co-Teach or Plan to Co-Teach as Part of Inclusive Practices
- Countless practical tools for a strong co-teaching partnership whether working online or in-person
- Highly effective communication and collaboration techniques for more effectively working together in the co-taught classroom
- Realistic strategies for incorporating specially designed instruction into your co-taught lessons without adding hours of extra planning time
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with dozens of classroom-ready materials and resources to strengthen your co-teaching instruction and partnership
Practical Ideas and Strategies
You won't want to miss this exciting, NEW seminar Melissa Robertson designed to help you enhance your successful, inclusive co-taught classroom. With increased understanding of the academic and behavioral components of the co-taught classroom, teachers can feel a sense of confidence as they implement the latest, high-yield practices to meet the needs of all students. One of the best ways to increase the success of every student is through strong, collaborative co-teaching partnerships.
In this seminar, Melissa will share with you not only the structural components of a powerful co-taught classroom, but how to easily implement those classroom-proven strategies to strengthen your co-teaching partnership. This highly practical seminar will include proven high-quality instructional practices that ensure the success of all students. A variety of strategies for in-person or online teaching will be presented allowing you to choose the ones that best fit the needs of your team as you enhance your program.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to join Melissa and discover countless ways to increase the success of your co-taught classroom and take away an extensive, digital resource handbook with steps to follow for classrooms K-12.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- The Keys to More Effective Planning and Scheduling in the Co-Taught Classroom
Explore key strategies for more effective planning and scheduling … Increase your effectiveness while reducing planning time whether working at school or online
- Updated Instructional Strategies for the Co-Taught, Inclusive Classroom
Increase academic success, prioritize learning goals and develop specially designed instruction using the model that works best for your team
- Practical Strategies for Co-Teaching in the Inclusive Classroom
Learn the best co-teaching practices to improve student success
- Learn the Best, High-Yield Instructional Strategies for the Co-Taught, Inclusive Classroom
Choose from the best instructional strategies for co-teaching … Support inclusion of all students and provide the feedback they need to thrive
- Improve Communication and Enhance Instruction
Powerful listening, questioning and problem-solving strategies to support your team and the growth of your students whether teaching in-person or online
- Get Better Results Using High-Leverage Assessment Practices
Use assessment data to develop a strengths-based profile for each of your students … Develop specially designed instruction to meet your students' real needs
- Utilize a Proven, Step-by-Step Approach to Improve Behavior
Student-centered strategies leading to improved behaviors in all your students … Learning environments to ensure a growth-minded perspective for all
- Improve Academics and Enhance Engagement
Learn how to support more students through intensive instruction in order to ensure academic and social-emotional growth
- Strengthen Your Instructional Repertoire
Enhance your "toolkit" of cognitive strategies and scaffolding techniques to support student learning … Discover new ways to use technology to support active engagement whether teaching in-person or online
- Receive a Comprehensive Co-Teaching Digital Resource Handbook
Dozens of K-12 ideas and resources to more effectively schedule, plan and instruct with your co-teaching partner
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Current and relevant co-teaching practices for in-person or online
- Strategies to develop a strengths-based approach to the co-taught classroom
- Specific practices for collaborating with your colleagues to build successful co-teaching relationships
- Up-to-date essential elements for accommodating student learning
- Must-have tools for communicating in the co-taught classroom
- Essential elements of instruction for the co-teaching experience whether working at school or online
- Powerful strategies for supporting pro-social behavior
- Innovative ideas for developing confidence, creativity and curiosity in the successful co-taught classroom
- Essential feedback strategies for supporting student growth
- Proven ideas for meeting the needs of all students through responsive co-taught actions
- An easy-to-follow, structured plan for enhancing your co-taught classroom
- Timesaving tips for adapting and modifying curriculum, supporting flexible grouping and improving student learning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The challenges that we face today in educating all students in inclusive settings require us to effectively collaborate which can mean feeling vulnerable and, without a doubt, challenged. My NEW seminar, CO-TEACHING: Effective Strategies for the Successful Co-Taught, Inclusive Classroom, highlights dozens of strategies for developing more effective collaboration and planning. This seminar will help you choose the strategies that best match your team's needs, allowing you to thoughtfully select the tools and practical strategies you need to enhance your existing program.
With over 25 years of co-teaching experience in grades K-12, I have tried many strategies … some have worked and some have not. As I moved away from serving students in a pull-out model and moved toward a co-teaching partnership, I felt the challenges all teams encounter and discovered evidence-based co-teaching and instructional practices that led to stronger partnerships and substantial increases in the prosocial behaviors and academics of all learners. During this seminar, my goal is to share with you the most practical strategies to achieve great results through streamlined practices. I will share realistic, classroom-tested instructional practices that make co-teaching possible for any team. Be ready to walk away with tools that can lead to more positive results for your students whether teaching in-person or online.
It is truly my privilege to work with you during this seminar to develop strong co-teaching practices that will not only benefit your students but will provide your team the tools it needs to increase your success. If you want to learn more about co-teaching from a realistic perspective and increase the tools available to your team, then this seminar is for you! I will share with you ways to save time and increase effectiveness. Join me to discover how to get results quickly and learn which tools are most effective for developing practical systems, productive collaboration and greater success for your students.
P.S. I hope you can join me. You will walk away with countless practical strategies that will make your co-teaching even more effective!
Who Should Attend
K-12 teachers, special education staff, and other specialists who currently co-teach or plan to co-teach as part of inclusive practices
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- An easy-to-use, structured plan for enhancing your co-taught program whether working at school or online
- Practical behavioral strategies for supporting students
- Guidance for assessing students and developing a strengths-based student profile
- Rubrics and outlines to support collaborative planning in the co-taught inclusive classroom
- Supports for designing instruction toward specific learning goals
Melissa Robertson will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own co-teaching program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now