Catching Up Your STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES Who Have Fallen Behind
Presented by Catherine Wilson
Specifically Designed for Grades 1-12 Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Resource Specialists, Paraprofessionals, and Instructional Coaches who Support Students with Special Needs
- Effective research-based teaching strategies to catch up your students with disabilities who have fallen behind whether you are teaching in-person, online or in a hybrid learning environment
- Powerful instructional methods that remove barriers for learning and give all students an equal opportunity to succeed
- Practical methods for assessing, managing and building your students' skills to close gaps and accelerate their learning
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook packed full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can use immediately to help catch up your students with disabilities in-person and online
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you struggling with ways to provide targeted, engaging instruction for students with disabilities in the face of a growing gap in your students' academic achievement due to COVID-19? Are you looking for practical strategies to catch up students with disabilities who have fallen behind? If so, you won't want to miss this NEW seminar by outstanding special education teacher and instructional coach, Catherine Wilson.
The focus of this live online seminar is on the most effective, cutting-edge instructional practices specifically targeted at helping catch up students with disabilities who have fallen behind whether you are teaching in-person or online. Learn how to provide the instructional supports necessary to meet each of your students right where they are and to accelerate their progress. Discover an array of proven strategies for focusing your instruction to meet the varied needs of your students with disabilities who have fallen behind.
Armed with an extensive digital resource handbook and an effective instructional game plan, you will leave this seminar with a renewed desire to make a marked difference in the lives of all your students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Your Students with Disabilities Who Have Fallen Behind to Catch Up – Whether You are Working In-Person or Online
How to accelerate the learning of your students with disabilities … Expand your personal repertoire of teaching tools to help your students with disabilities who have fallen behind to catch up
- Create Universally Designed Learning Experiences for Students with Special Needs
Learn how to design lessons that eliminate barriers to access and engagement and ensure participation of varied learners within a high standards-based curriculum … Gain proven strategies for improving lessons to reach more learners and to support high levels of achievement
- Lessen Your Students with Disabilities' COVID Gap - Catch Up Your Students with Disabilities' Skills Development
Lessen the COVID gap with timesaving, practical techniques perfect for students with disabilities
- Increase Academic Vocabulary Development
Engage your students in instructional strategies that will accelerate their academic language development across content areas
- Employ Research-Based Accelerated Learning Methods
Learn how to accelerate learning through proven, motivating and fun techniques … Enhance and advance the knowledge and skills of your students with disabilities who have fallen behind
- Help Your Students with Disabilities Make Greater Gains in Their Academic Achievement
Discover easy-to-incorporate strategies designed to strengthen the impact of your instructional practices to help students with disabilities excel
- Keep Your Students with Disabilities Engaged and Actively Participating
Explore practical and teacher-friendly ideas to engage your students and to get and keep them actively participating in your lessons and their learning
- Provide Social and Emotional Support for Students with Disabilities Most Impacted by COVID
Incorporate practical strategies for supporting the social and emotional needs of students who have suffered trauma, are anxious or simply need a little more encouragement and understanding
- Target Your Instruction to Meet the Varied Needs of Your Students with Disabilities
Ensure your students with disabilities receive the focused instruction they need to make rapid learning progress … Target your instruction to individual student needs
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
You will leave this seminar with a comprehensive digital resource handbook that includes resources and tools along with detailed descriptions of the activities and concepts for catching up students with disabilities presented in this seminar so you can immediately implement these strategies with your students whether in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative instructional strategies to catch up your students with disabilities who have fallen behind whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Accelerated learning methods and strategies to optimize opportunities for academic growth and achievement of students with disabilities
- Highly effective ways to help you more effectively address the diverse learning needs your students with special needs and increase access and progress in the general curriculum
- How to increase motivation and time-on-task to help students with disabilities make strong academic gains
- Motivating, hands-on ways to enhance your current lessons to catch up students who have fallen behind
- High-impact strategies to help accelerate your students with disabilities' content area knowledge and skill acquisition
- Specific ideas to provide rich, mastery-oriented feedback to students, while also providing them with opportunities to offer feedback that improves instruction
- Student-friendly, UDL-based strategies to improve vocabulary and reading comprehension
- Ways to scaffold and differentiate your instruction to best meet the needs of your students with disabilities
- Ideas, ideas and more ideas – outstanding strategies for increasing students with disabilities' achievement and motivation, best ways to address academic levels in a group or classroom, and strategies to maximize the effectiveness of small group targeted instruction in-person and online
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
What an incredible time to be an educator!. Regardless of what the last year has looked like for you, your school and your students; and regardless of the questions that still surround our work … what we know for sure, is that what matters most is that we are still educators and that our students need us.
So, while yes, we are facing challenges like never before as we grapple with growing gaps in our students with disabilities' academic achievement due to COVID-19, we can do something about it. We can help catch up our students with disabilities who have fallen behind!
Whether you are teaching in the classroom or online, I have designed this live online seminar expressly to share the most impactful teaching tools to help you catch up your students with disabilities who have fallen behind. No matter your current teaching situation and configuration you will experience and learn highly effective and easy-to-implement strategies to help your students make the necessary gains. I have organized the most effective instructional practices for you in this seminar. My goal is that you leave with a number of terrific new strategies that will work best for you as you assist students who have fallen behind, helping them to be more successful in school and in life.
I look forward to showcasing practical ways to address the varied needs of your learners and to accelerate their progress. I want to empower both you and your students with disabilities to not merely survive, but to thrive despite the challenges posed by COVID-19!
P.S. I guarantee you will leave my seminar with many outstanding strategies you can use to catch up students with disabilities across all grade levels and content areas and to address their diverse needs!
Who Should Attend
Grades 1-12 Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Resource Specialists, Paraprofessionals, and Instructional Coaches who Support Students with Special Needs
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Dozens of powerful strategies to help students with disabilities get the most out of your lessons and close gaps – whether you are working in-person or online
- Effective ideas for engaging students to maximize learning success
- Numerous strategies for supporting the cognitive, social and emotional needs of students with disabilities
- Instructional strategies for providing effective scaffolding, increased choices and improving mastery-oriented feedback
- Fun and innovative approaches to make the most of your instructional time by accelerating learning acquisition and growth
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in helping students with special needs accelerate learning, catch up and close gaps.
Catherine will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now