National Train‑the‑Trainer Institute:
Designed for K‑12 teachers, team leaders, instructional coaches, mentors, staff development trainers, and administrators with Differentiated Instruction experience
Practical PD, No Travel
Strengthen Differentiated Instruction in Your School or District by Developing Your Own Trainers!
Train your staff members to become skilled Differentiated Instruction trainers who can guide other teachers to successfully implement Differentiated Instruction practices
- Increase learning for all students including those that have fallen behind
- Featuring two of the nation's top Differentiated Instruction experts, Marquita Blades and Ryan Doetch
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
- Turn your staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Differentiated Instruction trainers who can guide other teachers in the implementation of practical and effective differentiation practices
- Learn how to use outstanding videos to demonstrate Differentiated Instruction strategies in action … Receive a three-year subscription to a complete K‑2, 3‑6 or 6‑12 video streaming training package for use during your own school or district trainings
- Build expertise among your staff to incorporate Differentiated Instruction as a vital part of a comprehensive instructional approach within classrooms, schools and entire districts
- Receive critical information on how to deliver high‑quality, engaging and effective Differentiated Instruction training sessions
- Ideal for schools and districts looking to create a core team of trainers to provide training to build and sustain a model, state‑of‑the‑art Differentiated Instruction framework … Each potential trainer should have experience using Differentiated Instruction techniques
What’s unique about this National Train-the-Trainer Institute
- Four days of intensive training combining classroom‑proven strategies and video of the strategies in action – show rather than tell your teachers what successful Differentiated Instruction looks like in real classrooms … Learn proven ways differentiated instruction can be used to help students who have fallen behind during COVID-19 catch up
- National Differentiated Instruction experts, Marquita Blades and Ryan Doetch, will provide a comprehensive, interactive and research‑based training to prepare participants to guide other teachers in the implementation of a successful Differentiated Instruction program to increase students' success on your state standards
- Work and collaborate in small groups with BER instructors to expand and enhance your understanding of Differentiated Instruction strategies specific to grades K‑6 or 6‑12
- Gain numerous tips and ideas to prepare and deliver high‑quality staff training to begin, build on or sustain Differentiated Instruction in your school or district. You'll leave with digital copies of ALL the resources, including three-year access to video needed for training educators at their specific grade level
- Unique and ideal opportunity for schools and districts to turn staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Differentiated Instruction trainers who can train and support other teachers in the effective implementation of Differentiated Instruction practice
Learn to train your staff in highly effective Differentiated Instruction Practices
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
Participants attending will learn the key components for a successful Differentiated Instruction program, which can then be delivered as a staff development framework that fits your schedule according to each school or district's unique scheduling and training needs. The following key components are included in this four-day train‑the‑trainer institute.
Make Differentiated Instruction a Powerful Teaching Practice to Significantly Increase Achievement for All Students Including Those Who Have Fallen Behind During COVID-19
- Learn the key characteristics for an effective Differentiated Instructional framework
- Proven classroom strategies to implement, organize and manage Differentiated Instruction
Meet Your State Standards Using a Differentiated Approach
- Discover what works in Differentiating Instruction and the pitfalls to avoid
- Learn how Differentiated Instruction can meet your rigorous state standards
- Design whole class lessons to effectively address varying readiness levels, interests and modes of learning
Timesaving Strategies for Managing a Differentiated Classroom
- Proven, timesaving management techniques to smooth the transition to a more differentiated approach to instruction
- Increase student achievement with small, flexible group instruction focused on specific skill needs
- Challenging and motivating activities for your reluctant learners as well as your high achievers
- Cooperative and collaborative activities that will work in every classroom
Innovative Ways to Differentiate Your Lessons and Assignments
- Practical strategies for designing lessons and assignments to account for the diverse needs of your students' readiness and interests
- Efficient and effective ways for scaffolding instruction, providing student choice, designing anchor activities, and much more!
- A fresh, less complicated approach to tiered assignments
- Make the most of valuable instructional time by incorporating pre‑assessments
- Grading options for differentiated assignments and activities
Videos of Differentiated Instruction in Action to Demonstrate Effective Teaching Strategies
- Best practices for using videos to train others
- Outstanding training tips and a resource kit to train others (each participant will receive access to ALL videos specific to their grade level to use in their training)
Receive Comprehensive Training Resources
All participants will receive a valuable package of resources including:
Seminar Schedule Overview
Program Schedule: 9:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Daily
Featuring Two of the Nation's Top Differentiated Instruction Experts
DR. MARQUITA BLADES is an experienced and award-winning secondary teacher, international speaker, author, and consultant. Marquita's extensive experience with diverse student populations have equipped her with a depth of firsthand experience for differentiating instruction to better meet the full spectrum of student needs. Realizing the importance of meeting students where they are through having served a diverse population of students, Marquita focuses her practice on creating learning experiences that are accessible for all learners through the use of differentiated instructional strategies. Her sessions will be packed with practical and engaging strategies that your teachers will be able to use immediately in their classrooms. Marquita has managed national STEM programs for secondary level students and has served as a curriculum and assessment developer, and professional learning facilitator for numerous school districts.
RYAN DOETCH is a dynamic and enthusiastic presenter, and an award-winning classroom teacher. Ryan is known around the world as an exemplar teacher for elementary students. Drawing from his daily classroom experiences, Ryan's presentations are filled with highly effective strategies, ideas and tips you can use immediately to differentiate instruction. Ryan's expertise, practicality, and humor keep his sessions fast-moving, enjoyable, and packed with tips and tools that you can use right away to enhance your own instructional program. In his free time, Ryan trains and educates teachers, interventionists, curriculum specialists, and administrators from around the world on the best, practical ideas for making instruction successful for all learners. Ryan's knowledge, experience and expertise in differentiated instruction and training teachers translate into a Train-The-Trainer Program that is jam-packed with great ideas you will want to use immediately.
State Specific Credit:
You may be eligible for professional development credit through your state. For state specific information, please visit www.ber.org/ceus or call 1-800-735-3503.
Earn One to Four Graduate Semester Credits :
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this program.
SAVE with Group Discounts
The fee is $1395 per person.
If groups of three or more register at the same time, the fee is $1295 per person.
Live Online Event • Jun 28-Jul 1, 2021
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
For more information on BER Live Online Events - click here.