DISTANCE LEARNING: Strengthening Your Online GENERAL MUSIC Program (Grades K-8)
Presented by John Churchville
Specifically Designed for General Music Teachers in Grades K-8
- The essential keysto practically and successfully teaching distance learning music lessons and classes online in grades K-8
- Key concepts and cutting-edge tools to produce high quality virtual performances and student recitals
- Optimize your virtual music classroom culture and student relationships through creative projects that connect your students as they adapt to a distance learning model
- Timesaving ways to organize the distance learning cycle for general music instruction ... Create, perform, respond and engage students and provide feedback, all while maintaining your sanity
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What do YOU need to know to make the most of your Distance Learning time with your music students? During this NEW seminar by award winning music educator, John Churchville, you will learn all the essential components of successful online music teaching. You will learn innovate techniques and best practices for producing virtual concerts, engaging students with standards-based music lessons, and providing the tools, time, and guidance needed to foster a life-long love of music.
John will share powerful and cutting-edge tools for music creation, strategies for effective and efficient lessons, and dozens of resources that you can take and use immediately in your online music instruction. This NEW seminar emphasizes practical strategies, powerful tech tools, and up-to-date resources to help you and your students thrive in the digital environment.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Essential Practices for Powerful Distance Music Instruction
Learn what every music educator needs to know about fully tapping into web-based audio tools and music education resources to fully maximize online music learning
- Differentiate Online Music Instruction to Support All Students
Discover practical ways to assign tiered tasks to specific students based on real-time data
- Develop a Personalized Collection of Web-Based Audio Tools for Enhanced Teaching and Performing
Enhance and build your own Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) - Learn the essential components of a DAW and how to use it to enhance performances, assess and collect data, create and collaborate with others
- Build and Develop your Virtual Music Classroom
Learn how to present resources and activities in an engaging way to create your custom-made Virtual Music Room
- Strengthen At-Home Music Making and Engagement
Learn fun and motivating hands-on music activities that lead to more independent practice and a deeper understanding of musical concepts
- Design Engaging Student-Centered Online Music Tasks
From creating new roles such as producer, engineer and sound designer, to developing new ways to perform and respond to online music, you will leave this seminar with innovative ideas for your virtual music classroom you can use right away
- Create, Perform, Respond, and Engage in Virtual Performances
You learn essential components, cutting edge tools, and the organization needed to create original music with your students online, perform the music live, and engage with your audience in virtual performances
- Curate a Creative Music Culture in an Online Environment
Learn practical strategies for providing young students with ownership, creative space and guidance toward becoming life-long music makers
- Utilize a Standards-Based approach to Digital Music Learning
Learn how to design online music lessons based in state, national and international standards for music and technology education
- Receive an Extensive Music Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive a link for an extensive general music digital resource handbook full of useful tools, model online lessons and the most useful resources to enhance general music distance learning
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of music lessons and activities to engage your students online
- Innovative techniques to move your music students from passive on-screen learners to greater musical independence
- Timesaving tips for online music creation with students
- How to develop engaging digital music lessons for immediate implementation
- How you can develop and utilize a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) to enhance student learning, performance, and response to music lessons
- How to create your own personalized virtual music classroom using Google Slides
- Proven strategies to support technology integration both inside and outside the music classroom
- Classroom-tested techniques for producing virtual performances and student recitals
- Ways to amplify student ownership and foster a life-long love of music
- How to curate a creative music culture using time-tested techniques
- Ways to create original music with your students online starting immediately
- How to create new roles in the digital music classroom to increase engagement and enhance social-emotional development
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
For over 20 years I have been exploring and utilizing the very latest in technology and techniques in digital music education environments. I have found that in order to thrive in a web-based environment, we must lead with music creation, practice, and performance as the driving force behind the tools we choose and implement.
I have designed this fast-paced, idea- filled seminar to give you practical techniques and the best cutting-edge resources that you can start using right away in your virtual music classroom. As music teachers, now more than ever, we hold a special place in our community as we have the opportunity to be purveyors of cultural understanding and appreciation. This seminar will also serve to connect you with the latest ideas, thought leaders, strategies and technologies that are pushing music education into the 21st century.
I look forward to connecting and celebrating our passion for music while learning from each other how we can best tackle the day-to-day challenges that come from working online with our diverse communities. We are all in this together and there has never been a more exciting time to be connecting students to the world through music and the arts. Through practical strategies to connect and collaborate online, you will leave this seminar ready to hit the ground running!
I am excited for the opportunity to share a day amongst like-minded colleagues that will inspire, invigorate and rejuvenate you.
P.S. In this unique seminar I will focus on practical music strategies and activities you can use immediately to enhance instruction in your virtual online music program.
Who Should Attend
General Music Teachers in Grades K-8
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to build and develop your virtual music classroom
- Dozens of resources and digital tools that you can begin using immediately in your distance learning environment
- The essential elements and equipment needed to build a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for enhanced teaching and performances
- Proven techniques and lessons to engage students and deepen their understanding of music
- A detailed guide for creating, performing and presenting original music written by your students
John Churchville will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now