Best Fitness and Movement Activities for Strengthening Your PHYSICAL EDUCATION Program (Grades K-8)
Presented by Patrick Vickroy
Specifically Designed for Physical Education Teachers and Specialists Working with Students in Grades K-8
- Powerful fitness and movement activities for enhancing your physical education program … Practical ideas for in-class, online and hybrid learning environments
- Classroom-proven strategies to develop a more inclusive PE program where all students feel included and valued
- Innovative PE lessons designed to engage the physical as well as the social, emotional needs of your students
- Interactive, classroom-proven movement activities, music, games, and teaching tips to increase student success and engagement
- Receive an extensive physical education digital resource handbook with detailed descriptions of all of the activities, lessons and resources presented during the seminar
Practical Ideas and Strategies
How can we challenge and motivate students to increase their activity level and participation during PE class and at home? How do we enhance the interests of individual students to work productively in teams or independently when they lose interest or appear unmotivated? How can we positively manage active PE classes and decrease inappropriate behaviors and attitudes? How can we create a more active physical education lesson that increases the fitness level of every student?
If you have asked yourself any of these questions, you will want to attend award-winning PE Teacher Pat Vickroy's NEW seminar, Best Fitness and Movement Activities for Strengthening Your PHYSICAL EDUCATION Program (Grades K-8). In this outstanding NEW seminar Pat will demonstrate and model innovative lessons and classroom management techniques for developing lifelong movers! You will leave this seminar with a wide variety of practical strategies that will maximize the success of all students in-class and online.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Improve Your Students' Physical Fitness in Class and Online
Learn a variety of innovative, fast-paced developmentally appropriate activities that are designed to get your students moving AND having fun … Ideas for in-person, online and hybrid learning environments
- Increase Student Involvement in Every PE Lesson You Teach
Experience an array of instructional techniques that keep your students engaged, moving and achieving
- Motivate Your Students to Achieve Success in Fitness and Movement Activities
Learn positive motivational techniques that will increase the success rate and enjoyment of physical activities for all students
- Create a More Inclusive Physical Education Program
Discover practical ways to help all students experience success and positive involvement regardless of their abilities and prior experience
- Improve the Fitness Level of Every Student
Learn easy-to-implement steps for setting goals as well as developing and implementing action plans to facilitate fitness improvement for every student
- Incorporate Positive Classroom Management Techniques for the Active PE Learning Environment
Discover proven tips and techniques for guiding students towards responsible behavior and decision making in PE
- Integrate Social Emotional Learning (SEL) into Your PE Program
Utilize trust building and teamwork activities to increase social emotional learning in your PE classes
- Maximize Student Engagement and Success in PE
Experience appropriate intentional teaching strategies that will maximize engaging learning opportunities
- Align Your PE Program with the National Standards for Physical Education
Learn innovative fitness and movement activities that align with the National Standards for Physical Education
- Receive an Extensive Physical Education Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital handbook filled with sample lessons, fitness and movement oriented activities and teachable moment stories that you can use immediately in your physical education program, whether you're at school or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Motivational, engaging and fun activities to increase health and fitness awareness of your students in-class and online
- How to help your students develop positive attitudes in your students toward physical fitness and healthy practices
- Engaging physical education lessons that are easy to follow and use little or no equipment
- Practical and effective strategies for teaching students leadership skills in the physical education setting
- How to authentically assess student learning in the REAL world of physical education using a variety of feedback tools
- Classroom management techniques for active PE classes that help maximize student learning time and decrease inappropriate behavior
- Team building strategies that will help students understand their role on a team
- Inclement weather activities
- Life lessons to help students make responsible choices toward healthy lifestyles
- Dance activities that will promote caring, passion, creativity and enhance the fitness levels of your students
- Creative ways to design motivating PE lessons
- Fun, effective and appropriate activities to help you build a trusting learning PE environment
- Valuable insights on your own current teaching practices and how they align to developmentally appropriate practices for physical education
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
"To connect, to engage, and to create unforgettable experiences — these are the three qualities of every great teacher on the planet."
– Steve Spangler
These words express the very values I strove to embrace in my role as a PE teacher and will be at the core of this seminar. It's been my experience that when we truly understand the immense positive impact we can have on the lives of our students that we have a greater appreciation for our roles as physical educators that extend far beyond the next game or skill we introduce.
During the highly practical seminar I will share dozens of fun, cooperative, fitness oriented activities that your students will love. We will focus on team building, collaboration, rainy day options, objection manipulation, authentic assessment and dance. Also included in my seminar are proven management tips that especially apply to the physical education setting helping to motivate students to do their best and decrease inappropriate behavior.
Please join your colleagues and me for a day full of impactful lessons that can greatly increase your student's engagement and success in physical education! Whether your PE instruction is in-person, online or in a hybrid learning environment, you'll leave with numerous ideas to enhance your PE instruction.
P.S. You'll walk away from this seminar inspired, motivated and prepared to use these strategies and activities tomorrow!
Who Should Attend
Physical Education Teachers and Specialists Working with Students in Grades K-8
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Highly effective teaching techniques to maximize participation in class and online
- Team building and leadership development strategies
- Quotations, stories and resources that will help your PE lessons come alive
- Engaging strategies and tools to support the goals and objectives of the National Standards for Physical Education
- Physical education lesson plans that focus on student success
Pat Vickroy will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now