This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Distance Learning: Strengthening Online PHYSICAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTION
Presented by Carrie Flint
Specifically Designed for K-12 Physical Education Teachers and Classroom Teachers responsible for teaching Physical Education
- Practical strategies to increase the success of your online Physical Education classroom
- Engaging online Physical Education lessons and activities
- Strategies for online Physical Education class with no or minimal equipment
- Easy-to-implement online lesson ideas that improve your students' focus and readiness to learn
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This NEW one-day seminar offers a variety of ideas, resources, and strategies to help you strengthen Physical Education instruction in a Distance Learning format. Carrie Flint shares what she has found works in online PE programs and packed it into a day filled with strategies, creative lessons, management tips, assessment ideas, recommended equipment, homemade options, and adaptations of activities to accommodate your wide range of student abilities. Carrie's focus is on "doable solutions" for developing and increasing your students' physical fitness while learning online. There are so many helpful tools available to address all possible settings we are experiencing; remote online, hybrid, and in-person. This seminar will boost your capacity to create a more meaningful and engaging online and hybrid Physical Education program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase the Success of Your Online Physical Education Program
How we teach PE in a remote learning environment requires some rethinking and adjustment … Discover an abundance of resources including recommended guidelines to help you strengthen your online Physical Education program
- Make the Most of Your Online Physical Education Time
How does it all work? Receive helpful organizational strategies that will help you make the most of every minute when teaching physical education in a Distance Learning format
- Enhance Your Repertoire of Online PE Activities Designed to Engage and Motivate
Pick and choose from a variety of teaching activities and strategies that will be shared with you for more successful online PE lessons
- Use Technology More Effectively and Efficiently to Increase Your Students' Online PE Success
Now more than ever utilizing technology is a required skill to deliver physical education lessons whether you are teaching online occasionally or exclusively … Learn key ingredients for more effective digital presentations, lessons, and engaging activities
- Recommendations, Requirements and Guidelines … Strategies to Meet Changing Expectations
Select from a range of online teaching tested ideas to better meet your Distance Learning needs regarding class size, equipment, social distancing, and choice of activities all based on the most current recommendations and guidelines
- Distance Learning Physical Education Strategies to Get Them Moving
Exercise and movement can greatly increase your students' overall success … Discover quick and-easy intentional brain breaks that refocus and calm your students during and after your online lessons
- Decrease Your Students' Distance Learning Anxiety
Help your students to better understand and manage their own emotions and related physical health … Learn more about SHAPE America's health. moves. minds.® for your online PE program
- Learn Practical Strategies to Improve Your Students' Overall Readiness to Learn
Everyone benefits when you weave health, nutrition, and wellness into your student's online physical education experience … Your colleagues will thank you for these classroom-tested ideas that help your students to be more focused and ready to learn
- Equipment-Free Lessons and Activities for More Successful Remote Physical Education
Teach your online Physical Education program using minimal or no equipment … Learn engaging activities that will get your students motivated and moving without expensive equipment or supplies
- Receive an Extensive Digital Handbook Designed for Physical Education Distance Learning
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with dozens of strategies and resources for teaching Physical Education in a Distance Learning environment … Ready to download to your desktop for easy, everyday reference
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Multiple practical strategies to teach Physical Education in a distance learning format
- Technology tips to increase engagement with your online PE lessons
- Helpful and FREE resources … Curriculum, programs, YouTube Videos, and more
- Instructional adaptations for students' safety and learning needs in the digital environment
- Modify existing lessons to fit your online teaching and learning platform
- Creative approaches to reach your unmotivated uninterested remote students
- Helpful online student management tips you can use immediately
- EASY distance learning PE activities that require minimal or no equipment
- Creative and practical nutrition and health online lesson ideas
- Strategies to integrate important Social and Emotional Learning in your online PE lessons
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As Physical Educators we are often thrown curveballs each day and we respond by stepping up to the plate to deliver homerun lessons for our students. Now, we find ourselves in unchartered territory. Together, we are navigating the unknown as we try to find our way personally and professionally as the two environments have become increasingly merged. In an instant, our "normal" approach to teaching physical education was no longer safe, so we are searching and learning and creating innovative new ways to teach high quality physical education to our students. The past year has challenged us to rethink, rework, and open the doors for new teaching platforms. We know that physical education as it applies to the overall health and wellness of our youth is so important now, more than ever.
This seminar is for PE teachers who are looking for new and creative approaches for improving their student's online experience. I will share ideas, activities, and teaching methods that can be easily adapted to your Distance Learning environment, drawing from my experience with dozens of schools, demographics, and teaching settings. I will also share creative uses of technology tools and resources I have discovered to add to your new teaching platform. You will gain dozens of ideas for adapting lessons to meet the needs of students with special needs, assessment tips, time, and online classroom management strategies. There will be low-cost or free resources you will not want to miss, teaching strategies that promote full inclusion and success for all, and tips to create an online program where students stay motivated while they are learning remotely.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to participate in a high-energy seminar that encourages maximum participation in Physical Education for all of your Distance Learning students. You will walk away with so many resources and ideas to help you create a more successful online physical education program.
P.S. You will leave this seminar with dozens of practical strategies and lesson adaptations for teaching physical education in a distance learning format.
Who Should Attend
K-12 Physical Education Teachers and Classroom Teachers responsible for teaching Physical Education
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a digital resource handbook specifically designed for PE teachers working in a Distance Learning environment, giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Helpful tips and strategies addressing various teaching platforms; online, hybrid, or social distancing in person
- Adaptations to instruction addressing safety concerns and CDC recommendations
- Classroom management strategies for online teaching
- Engaging strategies for online lessons to keep your students interested and active
- Ready-to-use PE Activities that do not require equipment
- Online brain-break ideas, music recommendations and tips for successful implementation
- SEL lessons and activities easily incorporated into your Distance Learning PE program
- Lists and links to an array of helpful online resources to enhance and update your Distance Learning PE program
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the success of their online PE program.
Carrie Flint will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own PE program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.