This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Increasing Students' Learning and Engagement in MATH Using Edpuzzle, Quizizz, Nearpod, Escape Rooms and More! (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Jessica Valles
Specifically Designed for Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades 6–12: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Mathematics Coaches, Special Education Staff, Instructional Specialists and Administrators
- The best, most current classroom-proven tools and strategies for increasing students' engagement and learning in mathematics – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- How to make best use of highly engaging, impactful, motivating, and easy-to-use tools perfect for grades 6-12 math including Edpuzzle, Quizizz, Nearpod, Escape Rooms, and more!
- Explore timesaving strategies and approaches designed to elevate your instruction and student engagement while teaching in-person or online
- Receive an extensive math tools digital resource handbook packed with unique ideas, engaging projects and classroom tested tools
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Increasingly our grades 6-12 math students are expected to understand and demonstrate their mathematical skills and knowledge at higher and higher levels. At the same time, of all the STEM subjects, why is it predominantly in the discipline of math that teachers struggle most with authentic student interest?
In this live online seminar, outstanding secondary mathematics teacher and national presenter, Jessica Valles will equip you with the best, most current tools for greatly enhancing student engagement and learning in math – whether you are teaching in-person or online. She will share classroom-tested, practical ways to make best use of Edpuzzle, Quizizz, Nearpod, Escape Rooms, and other outstanding tools to strengthen your instruction. As a current secondary math teacher, Jessica will share essential tips and tricks to save you valuable time and help you implement these tools right away! You will leave with specific "how to" steps and a wealth of ideas for seamlessly integrating these activities and ideas into your own mathematics program to better meet the needs of your students.
Join Jessica for a timesaving, highly practical, idea packed seminar specifically designed to strengthen student engagement and learning in grades 6-12 mathematics – whether you're teaching in-person or online.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Students' Engagement and Learning in Math – Whether Teaching At School or Online
Why is it that of all the STEM subjects, mathematics teachers struggle the most with authentic student interest? … Learn how to change this trend using the best, most current tools and resources for strengthening engagement and learning in mathematics
- Save Valuable Time
Discover ways to spend less time creating activities from scratch and more time accessing readily-available resources, proven successful for math teachers … Outstanding tips and ideas designed to save you time as you make best use of these tools
- Engage Students with Powerful Cutting-Edge Technological and Non-Technological Tools
Access highly practical resources that are both motivating and engaging for students … Specific ways to get your students more involved in learning mathematics, increasing both motivation and achievement
- Provide Faster and Highly Valuable Feedback
Learn how to take full advantage of online assessment tools in Edpuzzle, Quizizz, Nearpod, Socrative, and more! … Drive your instruction using these easy-to-use, incredibly helpful and powerful online tools
- Ensure 100% Access for ALL Your Math Students
Practical, low-cost and no cost ways to integrate technology and make sure every student has access to key technology resources
- Discover Videos Students Can Use to Greatly Enhance Their Math Learning
Learn where to find a plethora of ready-made, outstanding online videos that demonstrate and explain hard to grasp mathematical concepts … Jessica has already done the research for you!
- Build Deeper Content Knowledge and Help Students Take Greater Responsibility for Their Learning
Discover practical tools for deepening students' content knowledge … Help students take a more active role as learners in math
- Promote Perseverance and Problem Solving in Your Math Students
Experience and learn how to create a digital or non-digital "Escape Room" within your classroom to promote cooperative learning and encourage group problem-solving in the math classroom
- Utilize Highly Effective Strategies to Motivate the Unmotivated
Learn to use the most effective classroom-tested tools and strategies to motivate unmotivated math students
- Receive an Extensive Math Tools Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a detailed resource handbook packed with ideas, suggestions and step-by-step instructions on how to increase students' learning and engagement in math using Edpuzzle, Quizizz, Nearpod, Escape Rooms and more! … Dozens of tips, ideas and resources to help you get started immediately – whether teaching in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Increase students' math learning and engagement – whether you are teaching in-person or online … How to make best use of Edpuzzle, Quizizz, Nearpod, Escape Rooms and more!
- Timesaving, use-tomorrow strategies for providing immediate feedback to students
- Tips and strategies for more smoothly and effectively managing technology infused lessons and math classrooms
- Ways to extend your instructional reach … How to supplement math instruction, flip lessons or empower a substitute teacher
- Innovative and student-centered strategies for implementing the most cutting-edge tools for grades 6-12 math teachers
- Fun, highly effective ways to use Escape Rooms to encourage cooperative learning, problem solving and deeper math learning
- Do's and don'ts: tips for monitoring student progress
- Specific ways to differentiate to maximize success for all students, especially those with special learning needs
- Math tools and resources designed to increase student participation, motivation and achievement
- Powerful ways to utilize lessons created by other experts in our field
- Practical strategies to make a dramatic difference for your struggling math students – whether working in-person or online
- Ready-to-use games, activities and projects to engage students and increase their conceptual understanding in mathematics
- Successful, research-based instructional methods to greatly enhance your math instruction and make it more engaging and student-centered
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In this fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, our grades 6-12 math students are increasingly expected to understand and be able to demonstrate their mathematical skills and knowledge at higher and higher levels. At the same time, of all the STEM subjects, why is it predominantly in the discipline of math that teachers struggle most with authentic student interest?
As a current secondary mathematics teacher, I have specifically designed this live online seminar to provide you with practical solutions and answers. I want to share with you the best, most current tools for greatly enhancing student engagement and learning in grades 6-12 mathematics. We'll venture well beyond simply familiarizing you with these great tools to show you highly practical ways to best utilize these in your math program. I want to equip you to more effectively reach students at their specific learning levels, differentiate your instruction, meet your curricular goals, and so much more!
We will dive in to outstanding ways to increase students' math learning and engagement by making best use of Edpuzzle, Quizizz, Nearpod, Escape Rooms and more! You will gain practical, timesaving strategies to utilize the latest, most cutting-edge tools and resources for engaging students and strengthening their math learning. Best of all, we'll focus on ways to use these tools that actually save teacher time and help students take greater responsibility for the learning.
No matter your current experience level with these tools and no matter whether you are teaching in-person or virtually, I promise that you will walk away with a wealth of strategies, ideas and resources you can implement in your math program right away to increase student engagement and learning.
P.S. The focus of our day together will be on highly practical tools and strategies, perfect for your grades 6-12 math program – whether you are teaching at school or virtually!
Who Should Attend
Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Mathematics Coaches, Special Education Staff, Instructional Specialists and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
ExtensiveMath Tools Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical, ready to use strategies, tools and templates to help students learn, master and retain mathematical concepts and skills for grades 6-12 – whether you are teaching in-person or virtually
- Sample lesson plans for a variety of apps and websites that can guide your students to greater success and independence
- Timesaving, practical ideas for incorporating Edpuzzle, Quizizz, Nearpod, and Escape Rooms in your secondary math program
- Step-by-step instructions for easily making the most of these powerful online tools
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in the best tools for increasing students' learning and engagement in math
Jessica Valles will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.