Increasing Students' Learning and Engagement in MATH Using Flipgrid, Desmos, Pear Deck, Edpuzzle and More! (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Steve Morris
Specifically Designed for Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades 6–12: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Mathematics Coaches, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- The best, most current FREE and low-cost tools and strategies for increasing students' engagement and learning in mathematics – whether you are teaching at school or online
- How to make best use of highly engaging, impactful, motivating, and easy-to-use tools perfect for grades 6-12 math including Flipgrid, Desmos, Pear Deck, Edpuzzle and more!
- Explore timesaving strategies and approaches designed to elevate your instruction and student engagement
- Receive an extensive math tools digital resource handbook packed with unique ideas, engaging projects and classroom-tested tools
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Increasingly our grades 6-12 math students are expected to understand and demonstrate their mathematical skills and knowledge at higher and higher levels. At the same time, of all the STEM subjects, why is it predominantly in the discipline of math that teachers struggle most with authentic student interest?
In this NEW live online seminar, outstanding secondary mathematics teacher and Google Certified Educator, Steve Morris will equip you with the best, most current FREE and low-cost tools for greatly enhancing student engagement and learning in math – whether you are teaching in-person or online. Steve will share practical, doable and timesaving ideas to use Pear Deck, Flipgrid, Desmos, Edpuzzle, and other outstanding tools to strengthen your instruction. As an experienced secondary math teacher and ed tech coach, Steve will share essential tips and tricks to save you valuable time and help you implement these tools right away! You will leave with specific "how to" steps and a wealth of ideas for seamlessly incorporating these activities and ideas into your own mathematics classroom to enhance your instruction.
Whether you are a novice or a seasoned veteran of technology, and whether you are teaching at school or online, you will leave this seminar with a wealth of practical, use-tomorrow ideas for strengthening student engagement and learning in grades 6-12 mathematics.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Students' Engagement and Learning in Math – Whether You Are Teaching at School or Online
Why is it that of all the STEM subjects, math teachers struggle the most with authentic student interest? … Learn how to change this trend using the best, most current FREE and low-cost tools for strengthening engagement and learning in mathematics
- Strengthen Your Instruction with the Latest, Best FREE Apps for Math
Staying abreast of the best, current apps for math can be a challenge … Explore a host of the most outstanding digital tools for secondary math, and great ways to use them to enhance your instruction
- Unleash the Potential of Student Engagement
Enhance your math lessons with the Google add-on Pear Deck and watch your student engagement increase exponentially both in-class or online … Here's how!
- Increase Student Ownership with Teacher-Tested Choice Boards
Enhance math students' engagement and ownership in actively choosing activities to demonstrate their content knowledge … Gain practical, classroom-tested ways to make best use of choice boards using Depth of Knowledge (DOK)
- Harness the Power of Desmos to Greatly Enhance Student Collaboration – at School or Online
Desmos is much more than an online calculator! … Learn practical ideas for making best use of FREE Desmos and its outstanding pre-made activities to increase student collaboration, engagement and learning – whether your math classroom is at school or online
- Build Highly Engaging Lessons that Deepen Students' Math Learning
Discover how to easily generate pre-lessons that track student comprehension to inform your instruction the next day … Integrate the best FREE ed tech tools that save valuable teacher time while being highly engaging and impactful for students
- Explore the Best Timesaving Apps for Differentiating Your Instruction
Receive real-time data, strengthen student motivation and differentiate your math instruction with exciting and interactive apps … Harness the power of student data in Edpuzzle to easily and intentionally form your instructional groups
- Unleash Student Voice in Your Math Classroom with Flipgrid
Watch as student engagement and math learning soar … Learn practical ways to take full advantage of Flipgrid to help your secondary math students verbalize their understanding of the content through the use of video … Great for distance learning or in your classroom!
- Personalize Instruction with Digital Badging Using FREE Google Tools
Discover practical ways to use Google Tools and digital badging to help your math students move through content at an optimal pace for interacting with the material and driving strong content learning
- Receive an Extensive Digital Math Tools Resource Handbook and Special Online Access to Helpful Resources
You'll receive a digital resource handbook packed with ideas and step-by-step instructions for increasing students' learning and engagement in math using Flipgrid, Desmos, Pear Deck, Edpuzzle and More! … Gain special access to Steve's Google Classroom, specifically designed for this seminar, and his website filled with helpful digital resources
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Increase students' math learning and engagement … How to make best use of Flipgrid, Desmos, Pear Deck, Edpuzzle and more – whether you are teaching at school or online
- Work smarter, not harder … learn timesaving tips for using a variety of FREE math apps most efficiently
- Practical ways to get the most of ed tech in the classroom – specifically for secondary math teachers
- Outstanding uses for Flipgrid to engage math students with the magic of audio and video
- How to use Pear Deck to maximize student focus and engagement during your math lessons
- Mathematics classroom-proven apps and extensions that are easy-to-implement in your existing program
- Specific ways to use choice boards to increase math students' motivation, engagement and learning
- Practical ways to use technology tools to make a dramatic difference for your struggling math students
- Strategies for making the most of Desmos, including how to find and incorporate engaging, pre-made activities – whether you teach in-person or online
- Engaging and innovative ways to use Google Tools as a digital badging platform
- Use-tomorrow activities that will excite students and energize your math classroom
- Enhance your digital toolbox with an abundance of cutting-edge tools perfect for grades 6-12 math teachers, plus tips and strategies for smoothly, effectively managing technology infused lessons and math classrooms
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
What an amazing time to be a grades 6-12 math teacher! With the combination of great educational technology and your expert knowledge of the content, the math classroom – now, more than ever – can be a truly energizing, exciting, enriching place of learning. Not only that, but we now have some incredible FREE technology tools available with the power to simplify our workload and save us valuable time. Amazing!
As an experienced secondary math teacher, I know it can be difficult to find time to research and stay abreast of the latest tools we have available to support our math instruction. My goal is to take that burden away from you and present practically what I have found to be the latest, best tech tools for the math classroom – whether you are teaching at school or online. Specifically, we will take a deep dive into four apps that I believe will help transform your secondary math classroom immediately: Flipgrid, Edpuzzle, Desmos and Pear Deck.
But we won't stop there! In addition, we'll explore other outstanding apps and strategies that will increase student engagement and achievement in your math program. For example, you'll learn how to use choice boards based on Depth of Knowledge to increase student voice and choice in your classroom, and how to use Google Tools to create a digital badging platform to increase students' math learning. With all the FREE and low-cost tools and strategies that we'll explore in our day together, you can expect your math students to come to class both excited and eager to learn.
I look forward to helping you discover great ways to enhance how you approach and teach your everyday math lessons from start to finish! You will return to your classroom energized with a wealth of educational apps that will help you increase your efficiency and effectiveness while increasing your math students' learning and engagement.
I look forward to spending the day with you!
P.S. You will leave this seminar energized and excited with many new and effective ways to strengthen your math instruction using Edpuzzle, Desmos, Flipgrid, Pear Deck, and much more!
Who Should Attend
Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades 6–12: Classroom Teachers, Mathematics Specialists, Mathematics Coaches, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Timesaving, practical ideas for integrating Flipgrid, Desmos, Pear Deck, and Edpuzzle – whether you are teaching at school or online
- Step-by-step instructions and "how to" screenshots for easily making the most of these powerful online tools
- Practical, ready-to-use strategies, tools and templates to help students learn, master and retain mathematical concepts and skills for grades 6-12
- Sample lessons for a variety of apps and websites that can guide your students to greater success and independence
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in the best tools for increasing students' learning and engagement in math.
Steve Morris will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now