This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Maximize the Power of GUIDED MATH to Increase Student Math Learning (Grades 3-6)
Presented by Bonnie Angel
Specifically Designed for Grades 3-6: Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Coaches, and Administrators
- New, innovative strategies to elevate the effectiveness of Guided Math and small group experiences to help your students achieve greater math success – whether you are teaching in-classroom or online
- Powerful instructional techniques and model lessons designed to close the math achievement gap of struggling students
- Essential strategies for managing small, focused math instruction groups and independent math centers
- Practical, classroom-tested ideas to strengthen your Guided Math program and increase students' understanding and retention of key mathematical skills and concepts
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Meeting the individual math needs of all your students is a challenging task. In this highly practical, live online seminar with experienced teacher and math specialist, Bonnie Angel, you will learn essential ways to more effectively organize, plan, implement, manage, and assess your Guided Math groups – whether you are teaching at school or online. Explore ways to take a balanced approach and maximize the power of your Guided Math groups, mini-lessons, math journals, independent work stations, centers, and summarizing activities.
You'll learn how to enhance your Guided Math program using your existing math curriculum and ways to create and manage engaging, rigorous, standards-based centers for the rest of the class while you work with your Guided Math groups.
All of Bonnie's ideas are practical, innovative and academically rich. Plus, you'll receive numerous, proven techniques to help all your students build the confidence and savvy they need to become successful mathematicians.
You will leave this outstanding seminar with renewed enthusiasm about teaching math and a wealth of ideas for enhancing your Guided Math program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Dramatically Enhance Guided Math to Ensure All Students Reach the Highest Possible Levels of Success
Elevate and maximize the benefits of your Guided Math groups to help your students achieve significant growth … Optimize the impact of your existing math curriculum – whether you are teaching in-classroom or online
- What to Do with the Rest of Your Class While You Meet with Guided Math Groups
Discover time-efficient routines and practices that can substantially transform your students' Guided Math center experience, keep students focused and reduce the time you spend on management tasks
- Streamline and Implement No-Stress, Highly Effective Guided Math Centers
Acquire proven methods to streamline your key Guided Math centers, changing only the assignments as skill levels or concepts change … Boost student success with number sense, basic facts, measurement, geometry, problem solving, and more!
- Explore the Power of Guided Math to Teach Problem Solving
Help students understand and solve challenging problems through productive struggle, collaboration, and tenacity … Strengthen problem solving skills by developing students' deep understanding of the relationship between various number concepts
- Accelerate Progress for Struggling Students in Guided Math
Structure Guided Math lessons to target specific learning needs and accelerate progress for struggling students … Learn practical, doable ways to modify and differentiate math center activities to maximize learning for every student
- Powerful Tweaks and Shifts to Make the Most of Guided Math Group Activities Whether You Are Teaching In-Classroom or Online
Increase student success through shifts to learning experiences that more actively engage learners within and beyond small groups … Explore formative assessments that help you pinpoint students' mathematical understanding and guide your instruction
- Make Best Use of Differentiation and Targeted Support in Guided Math
Increase flexible learning opportunities – both online and face-to-face – by expertly blending whole-class, small-group, peer-supported, and side-by-side learning to better meet individual student needs … Preview, re-teach and practice with students who need it the most while you challenge highly capable students
- Unlock the Power of Growth Mindset in Your Guided Math Classroom
Explore numerous, practical strategies for enhancing students' math performance by developing a growth mindset … Learn proven ways to increase students' motivation, effort and self-efficacy in mathematics
- Strengthen the Confidence of Reluctant Students Who Struggle With and Dislike Math
Leave with valuable strategies that help struggling students redefine what it means to be good at math … Learn practical ways to help your students persist, persevere, learn from mistakes, and embrace challenges
- Receive an Extensive DIGITAL Guided Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with engaging activities, techniques and materials specifically designed to enhance your grades 3-6 Guided Math program … All resources are highly practical and ready for immediate use with your students!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Proven, innovative strategies to maximize the power of your Guided Math program, using your existing math curriculum – whether you are teaching in-classroom or online
- Doable ways to tweak, shift and differentiate your math centers to optimize learning for all your students
- Innovative, flexible techniques to meet the diverse needs and abilities of your students in Guided Math groups
- Student-directed accountability strategies to ensure students are on-task and held accountable for their learning
- Innovative, timesaving ideas for more efficiently organizing and managing high quality Guided Math centers
- Powerful questioning strategies that strengthen students' problem solving and reasoning skills
- Whole class lessons and valuable number talks that strengthen computational fluency
- Effective, timesaving ways to assess, modify and differentiate your math center activities to maximize students' learning
- Proven, balanced assessment approaches that enable you to better direct your instruction and organize your groups
- Engaging routines and strategies for students who finish their work early
- Highly effective ways to preview, teach and re-teach the math skills your students need most in Guided Math groups
- Proven approaches for increasing students' confidence and success with math in your grades 3-6 Guided Math program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
If you are like most teachers I know, you have a group of students with a wide range of math abilities. Creating an instructional block to meet all their needs can present quite a challenge! Each of our students thinks about math differently and requires different tools and strategies to build their conceptual understanding.
The good news is that Guided Math provides a terrific structure to help us engage our students in experiences that are appropriate for them while helping them meet high expectations. But how can we make the very most of our Guided Math program?
I have designed this live online seminar to provide you with proven techniques and ideas to greatly enhance and maximize the benefits of your Guided Math program to help your students achieve dramatic growth – whether you are teaching in-classroom or online. In our day together, you'll learn essential ways to develop, implement and organize your Guided Math program. We will explore ways to activate and hook our students on learning using Number Talks, 3-Act Tasks and more! I will share ways to help you find the time needed to work with individuals and small groups to actively engage, challenge and meet the needs of each of your students.
Come and enjoy a productive day of learning filled with highly practical strategies and resources designed to help you make a huge difference in your students' mathematical lives. My goal is to give you an array of ideas and activities you can use tomorrow. I look forward to meeting you and sharing my experiences, strategies and insights with you!
P.S. You'll leave this seminar motivated, confident and equipped to maximize the power of your Guided Math program. Plus, you'll receive a toolkit of ready-to-use, engaging activities and resources you can implement immediately!
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Coaches, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Seminars
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
You'll Receive an Extensive Digital Guided Math Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Dozens of ideas for creating successful Guided Math centers
- Timesaving, no-stress ideas and daily routines you can use immediately
- Technology sites and apps to build student interest and provide targeted math practice and number sense routines
- Proven, teacher-friendly tips for enhancing the effectiveness of Guided Math groups and math centers
- Highly practical, innovative ideas for differentiating classroom games, activities and daily routines
Bonnie Angel will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your Guided Math Program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.