This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
What's NEW in Google Tools and Google Classroom to Enhance MATH INSTRUCTION (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Tinashe Blanchet
Specifically Designed for Middle School Mathematics Teachers; High School General Math, Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and Statistics Teachers; Math Curriculum Coordinators; Technology Integration Specialists; and Administrators
- The most important changes and updates to the G Suite platform: Drive, Chrome, Classroom, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and more with specific applications to secondary level math instruction … Proven ideas for in person as well as online and hybrid teaching environments
- The hottest new apps and extensions to improve student projects to support student content learning in the secondary mathematics classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies for In-Person and Online
Keeping up with constant updates and changes on Google Tools, Google Classroom, online math tools is challenging. This outstanding, NEW seminar is your shortcut to success! In this unique, idea-packed seminar you'll learn about the latest updates to some of the most powerful online tools for use in the secondary mathematics classroom including, Google Classroom, Google Drive, Desmos, Geogebra and more.
This seminar is designed for educators working with students in the secondary mathematics classroom who want to make more effective use of Google Tools, Google Classroom and other free web-based tools to enhance math learning. Discover new ways to more efficiently tap into the power of online student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful Chrome apps.
This seminar is appropriate for both new and experienced users of Google Classroom. You will also receive an extensive digital resource handbook that details how to connect to an online resource page to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Get the Latest Updates on Google Classroom: New Tools to Enhance Math Instruction In-Person and Online
Get the latest updates on Google Classroom and learn how Classroom makes assigning and receiving documents easier for both you and your students … Proven ideas for in-person and distance learning
- "Secret" Google Products For the Math Classroom You Might Have Missed
Explore several lesser-known Google products that have amazing potential in the math classroom!
- Better Organize Distance Learning and Online Math Lessons to Increase Student Success
Learn time-efficient ways to create and deliver virtual lessons that effectively boost student engagement and increase student achievement in mathematic
- Discover the Latest Strategies for Grading Student Math Assignments
These NEW tips and strategies will help you save time while providing students with useful, personal feedback
- Incorporate New Free Chrome Math Apps and Extensions
Discover use the most useful, free Chrome apps every secondary math teacher should learn to use, including some which work online and offline
- Enhance your Math Instruction with Google Drive
Connect Google Drive files to Google Classroom assignments to unlock powerful functionality for student collaboration and feedback
- Get Hands-On with New Math Apps and Activities
Experience the myriad ways new free Chrome apps and activities can be used to provide rigorous, engaging instruction in secondary math classes at school and online
- Explore New Sample Lessons and Activities Powered by Google Tools
Get an exclusive look at sample Google Drive activities specifically designed to integrate with Google Classroom and secondary math instruction
- Save Time with New Google Tips and Tricks for Math Instruction
Learn new shortcuts and time saving tips for math teachers using Google Classroom and additional Chrome apps
- Receive an Extensive Digital Mathematics Resource Handbook and Access to a Specially Created Website with Helpful Resource Links
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google tools and apps presented during the seminar … Receive information on how to access a specially created HyperDoc with helpful links and online tutorials for a variety of Google tools
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The latest information on Google Classroom updates and coming features that have applications for math instruction … Proven ideas for in class as well as online and hybrid teaching environments
- The latest features and ideas for using Google Forms in secondary math instruction
- Timesaving tips and tools for using new Google Classroom functionality to make your life easier, both in and out of the mathematics classroom
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome apps that are applicable to secondary mathematics instruction
- Innovative strategies for moving toward a paperless math classroom
- Work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using a variety of Google tools more efficiently including self-grading, multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank online assessments
- Newly-released features in powerful equation editing software to streamline your work and create mathematical notation with ease
- How to make better use Google Classroom and Google Drive to streamline classroom management and routines
- Innovative tips to get the most from even one tablet or Chromebook in your mathematics classroom
- Real-time student assessments utilizing multiple data gathering methods
- New resources for dynamic classroom activities which will facilitate independent study and differentiation in mathematics instruction
- The best new apps and websites to differentiate math instruction to better meet the needs of both struggling and gifted math students, as well as those in the middle
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
With lesson plans, grading papers, calling parents, and many other classroom responsibilities, it is often difficult for math teachers to find time to research the latest tools we have available to support mathematics instruction. Additionally, for most math teachers, it is a struggle to get many students truly engaged in learning. It's been my experience that most students are not typically excited about fractions, equations or functions!
You may already be familiar with the basic functionality of Google Classroom and Google Drive, but may not have the time or energy to stay abreast of the frequent updates or new features of these and other tools. The goal of this NEW idea-packed seminar is to show you the hottest new updates and features of Google Tools and other free web-based applications that can be used to enhance your math instruction. You'll receive an informative description of the latest updates to Google Classroom from a secondary mathematics perspective as well as new tips and tricks to save you some valuable time and effort. It's our goal that you leave this seminar pumped about returning to your math classroom to try something new. Whether you are teaching in an in-person, online or hybrid learning environment you'll leave with ideas you can use immediately to enhance secondary math instruction.
I look forward to meeting you online at the seminar!
P.S. You will receive an extensive digital Google Tools mathematics resource handbook filled with descriptions of the latest updates to Google Classroom, Google Drive and new tools for math instruction.
Who Should Attend
Middle School Mathematics Teachers; High School General Math, Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and Statistics Teachers; Math Curriculum Coordinators; Technology Integration Specialists; and Administrators
About BER Live Online Seminars
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- The most up-to-date strategies for managing Google Classroom and Google Drive that will save time and stress for teachers and students whether at school or online
- New, innovative ideas for integrating Google Apps and Chromebooks into the mathematics curriculum
- The newest, most effective Chrome apps for secondary school math, algebra and geometry classrooms
- The latest tips and tricks and for using Google Classroom, Google Drive and other resources with practical applications for math instruction in grades 6-12
Tinashe Blanchet will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.