DISTANCE LEARNING: Strengthening Your Online Math Instruction and Student Success Using the Best Cutting-Edge Google and Technology Tools (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Tinashe Blanchet
Specifically Designed for Math Teachers, Math Curriculum Coordinators, Technology Integration Specialists, and Administrators Working with Students in Grades 6 – 12
- The keys to practically and successfully teach complete secondary mathematics distance learning lessons to strengthen students' engagement and learning online
- Timesaving ways to organize the distance learning cycle in mathematics … Create, assign, engage students and provide feedback, all while maintaining your sanity
- Differentiate online math instruction more easily with Google Classroom, Google Drive and web-based apps that allow you to customize assessments and better meet the needs of all of your learners
- Receive an extensive digital secondary mathematics distance learning resource handbook and access to a specially created HyperDoc so that you can immediately link to all of the resources presented in the seminar … And more!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW seminar is designed for educators who want to more effectively use distance learning online tools for secondary mathematics instruction. Google Certified Innovator and Trainer, Tinashe Blanchet, will show you how to make the best use of the most powerful online tools for use in the secondary mathematics classroom including, Google Classroom, Google Drive, Desmos, Geogebra and more. Discover new and innovative ways to more efficiently tap into the power of online student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful Chrome apps.
Whether you are in a teaching environment that is fully online or in a hybrid format and are searching for free tools with a variety of practical applications to enhance your online instructional program, you'll leave this seminar with a wealth of ideas you'll be able to use immediately to enhance your online math instruction in grades 6 – 12. You will also receive an extensive digital mathematics distance learning resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing the tools and apps presented in this seminar as well as the details that will enable you to connect to a companion HyperDoc to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Essential Practices for Powerful Distance Math Instruction in Grades 6-12
What every secondary math educator needs to know about fully tapping into cutting edge Google and technology tools … Explore the best, most useful tools for strengthening online distance learning in math instruction
- Organize Distance Learning Math Lessons to Increase Student Success
Learn how to effectively boost student engagement and increase student achievement while working in an online format
- Create the Conditions for Optimal Online Learning in Mathematics
Explore a host of strategies for building an optimal online learning community … Set the stage for high levels of student safety, innovation, communication, and learning
- Harness the Power of Google and Other Web Tools
Discover practical ways Google and other technology tools can significantly enhance online collaboration … Improve communication and strengthen learning among students in your grades 6-12 online math classroom
- Incorporate Essential, Free Chrome Math Apps and Extensions
See how students use the most useful, free Chrome apps every secondary math teacher should learn to use, including some which work online and offline
- Enhance your Math Instruction with Google Drive
Connect Google Drive files to Google Classroom math assignments to unlock powerful functionality for student collaboration and feedback
- Get Hands-On with Math Apps and Activities
Experience the myriad ways free Chrome apps and activities can be used to provide rigorous, engaging instruction in secondary math classes
- Explore Sample Math Lessons and Activities Powered by Google Tools
Get an exclusive look at sample Google Drive activities specifically designed to integrate with Google Classroom and secondary math instruction
- Save Time with Google Tips and Tricks for Math Instruction
Learn shortcuts and timesaving tips for math teachers using Google Classroom and additional Chrome apps
- Receive an Extensive Digital Google Tools and Apps Resource Handbook and Access to a Specially Created Website with Helpful Resource Links
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google Tools and apps presented during the seminar … Receive information on how to access a specially created HyperDoc with helpful links and online tutorials for a variety of Google Tools perfect for math instruction
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for using a variety of free Google Tools and Google apps to enhance online math instruction in the secondary mathematics classroom
- Timesaving tips and tools for using Google Classroom to make your life easier, both in and out of the mathematics classroom
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome apps that are applicable to secondary mathematics instruction
- Work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using a variety of Google Tools more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank online assessments
- How Google Tools can be used to differentiate math instruction with students in grades 6 -12
- Powerful equation editing software to streamline your work and create mathematical notation with ease
- How to utilize Google Drive to access and share your documents, information and files from anywhere
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your math students in productive collaborative learning
- How to use Google Classroom and Google Drive to streamline your online math instruction
- Valuable tips to get the most from even one tablet or Chromebook in your mathematics classroom
- Innovative strategies for moving toward a paperless math classroom
- Real-time student assessment utilizing a number of data gathering methods
- Resources for dynamic math activities which will facilitate independent study and differentiation in instruction for students
- Tips for saving valuable preparation and implementation time
- The best apps and websites to differentiate math instruction to better meet the needs of both struggling and gifted math students, as well as those in the middle
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Distance or remote learning is a new, ongoing challenge that all teachers now face during these unprecedented times. With creating online lesson plans, grading papers, communicating with parents, and holding students accountable for their online assignments it is often difficult for teachers to find time to research the latest tools available to support online instruction. Additionally, for most math teachers, it is a struggle to get many students truly engaged in online learning. It's been my experience that most students are not typically excited about fractions, equations or functions.
In my class, students have used innovative online tools to solve problems and share their work, explore graphs of functions in 2D and 3D space, to watch and create instructional videos, and much more! There's more good news – Google Classroom and other free online tools offer functionality that will get your students excited about your math class every day and keep them on task, even when they have to work remotely.
I look forward to sharing what works and what doesn't based on my experience using Google Tools with online math instruction at the secondary level. All the tools presented work equally well in an in-person or remote learning context. I will provide you with an overview of the functionality of Google Classroom from a secondary math perspective as well as tips and tricks to save you some valuable time and effort. It is my sincere hope that you leave this seminar pumped about distance learning!
I look forward to meeting you!
P.S. You will receive an extensive mathematics technology/distance learning digital resource handbook filled with descriptions of the best ways to use Google Classroom, Google Drive and Chrome apps for online math instruction.
Who Should Attend
Math Teachers, Math Curriculum Coordinators, Technology Integration Specialists, and Administrators Working with Students in Grades 6-12
About BER Live Online Seminars
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Mathematics Technology Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital mathematics resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Recommendations for setting up and managing Google Classroom and Google Drive that will save time and stress for math teachers and students
- Practical strategies and ideas for integrating Google Apps and Chromebooks into the mathematics curriculum
- The newest, most effective Chrome apps for secondary school math classrooms
- Tips for using Google Classroom, Google Drive and other resources to enhance math learning
Tinashe Blanchet will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now