Catching Up Students Who Have Fallen Behind in MATH (Grades K-2)
Presented by Linda Hilliard
Specifically Designed for Kindergarten through Second Grade Teachers, Elementary Math Specialists, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Engaging strategies to help your students who have fallen behind to catch up and master the key math skills they missed
- Specific ways to strengthen both math skills and confidence of your Kindergarten through Second Grade students who have fallen behind
- Outstanding strategies to organize your math learning time more effectively for maximum student success in class or online
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with resources and strategies to help you catch up K-2 students who have fallen behind in math
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you struggling with ways to provide differentiated, engaging grade level instruction in the face of a growing gap in your students' academic achievement due to COVID? If so, you won't want to miss this NEW strategy-packed seminar by outstanding teacher, Linda Hilliard! The focus of this live online seminar is on the most effective, cutting-edge instructional strategies specifically for K-2nd Grade math teachers – whether you are teaching in-person or online. Learn dozens of ideas for helping your students who have fallen behind catch up and get back on track more quickly an effectively.
Join Linda for a fast-paced day packed with practical, use-tomorrow, primary-tested strategies! You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook packed with dozens of practical, easy-to-implement strategies, as well as special access to Linda's online resources designed specifically for Kindergarten through Second Grade. You will leave with renewed enthusiasm and a wealth of innovative ideas for getting your struggling students caught up in math.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Your K-2 Math Students Catch Up and Get Back On-Track
The keys to catching up K-2 students who have fallen behind in math whether they are working online or in-person
- Shrink Your Students' COVID MATH Gap
Catch up your K-2nd Graders' MATH skills attainment … Lessen the COVID gap with timesaving, easy-to-use techniques perfect for Kindergarten through Second Grade both in-person and online
- Identify Important Gaps in Your K-2 Math Students' Learning
Gain efficient, easy-to-use assessments to help you pinpoint critical gaps in your students' learning … Inform your instruction and better meet the new learning needs of your K-2nd Grade math students
- Help Your Students Recover Important Math Skills That Were Lost, Neglected, or Missing During the COVID Transition
Target your math mini-lessons to the specific math needs your students may have missed or lost completely over the last school year … Gain numerous student-tested ideas you can easily adapt to your in-person or distance learning instruction
- Help Your K-2 Math Students Develop Stronger Number Sense to Catch Up More Easily
Discover powerful and fun activities designed to increase the number sense of ALL your Kindergarten through Second Grade students … Learn engaging number sense routines and activities your students will love
- Increase Your K-2 Students' Math Fluency in Powerful, Fun and Strategic Ways
Explore time-efficient ways to develop stronger math fluency of your Kindergarten through Second Graders … Scaffold and expose your students to math skills through a variety of experiences – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Take Differentiated Instruction in Math to a Higher Level to Lessen the Learning Gap Caused by COVID for K-2nd Grade Students
Discover new and innovative ways to organize, manage and maximize the effectiveness of differentiated math instruction in K-2nd grade … Build on your strengths to accelerate your K-2 students' learning in mathematics
- Successfully Organize and Manage Your Classroom for Differentiated Math Instruction
Receive successful classroom management techniques, routines and procedures that support success in a differentiated math classroom … Ways to work smarter, not harder
- New Ways to Use Math Learning Stations to Lessen the Learning Gap Caused by COVID
Strengthen your math instruction with outstanding math learning stations to keep the rest of the students independent and productive while you work with guided math groups … Acquire creative and engaging learning station ideas that you will use for years
- Receive an Extensive K-2 Math Digital Resource Handbook
Your ready-to-download digital resource handbook is filled with resources and activities for catching up your K-2 math students who have fallen behind … Gain exclusive access to Linda's online resources packed full of timesaving ideas, tips, tools, and proven strategies to practically and successfully strengthen Kindergarten through Second Graders' MATH success whether you're working in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative, instructional strategies to catch up your Kindergarten through Second Graders and boost their achievement – whether teaching in-person or in distance learning Kindergarten through Second Grade
- Quick formative assessments that allow you to take action quickly and close the learning gap of your Kindergarten through Second Graders
- Specific direct instruction math strategies to strengthen your K-2nd Grade student success
- Engaging, high interest and motivating activities that build students' confidence and competence in math
- Target your mini-lessons to the needs of your students with numerous student-tested ideas
- Innovative games to help your K-2nd Graders master computation skills
- Immediately usable tools and strategies to help keep students engaged and ensure active participation in learning
- Practical, easy-to-implement station activities that excite students about math
- Hands-on math activities that allow each learner to work at their appropriate level
- Creative ideas to engage even your most reluctant students
- Incorporate math literature to almost any lesson with my extensive list of math literature for primary
- Classroom-proven strategies to organize, implement and manage math learning stations
- Ways to incorporate a variety of literature into your math lessons to better support learners
- Practice and apply math skills with a list of online/digital resources your students will love
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – outstanding sample lessons, materials and techniques
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching has become harder than ever. Though it provides us with many highlights, it is also filled with many challenges. This has been especially true during the COVID curveball thrown at all educators – whether teaching in-person or online. Like educators all around the country, I have faced these challenges daily in my own classroom and distance learning environment. My colleagues share common concerns about meeting the needs of all our students, especially those who are struggling and have fallen behind in their learning due to being out of the traditional classroom during the last school year.
I designed this live online seminar to provide you with cutting-edge ideas, strategies, activities, and tools you can use to enhance your K-2 math program – whether you are teaching at school, online or implementing a hybrid model. During this fast-paced, action-packed day, you will learn Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade-tested techniques for implementing innovative teaching practices in math. We will explore successful strategies to help you work smarter, not harder using the latest, best practices for in-person and online instruction. You can immediately implement these strategies and ideas into your own program, confident they will work. Every activity, idea, strategy, and lesson I share has been classroom or digitally proven and tested with my own students.
You will receive a comprehensive digital resource handbook filled with math resources specifically for Kindergarten, First and Second Grade. My goal is to give you the most practical, successful methods to apply and adapt the best, cutting-edge techniques to help you meet the needs of all your struggling students who have fallen behind over the last year.
P.S. This day will be packed with innovative, ready-to-use, inexpensive, practical ideas and activities for Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade whether you're teaching in-person or remotely. Plus, you'll receive an idea-packed primary grades MATH digital resource handbook that can be downloaded to your desktop for easy reference.
Who Should Attend
Kindergarten through Second Grade Teachers, Elementary Math Specialists, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive K-2 MATH Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- A wealth of practical, ready-to-use resources to catch up your students' math skills
- Dozens of ways to easily provide powerful, differentiated math instruction that will enhance your existing in-person or online program
- Ideas and strategies to integrate technology with the best K-2 online math resources
- Easy-to-implement ideas for interactive math learning stations get all students engaged and involved
- Activities that generate active participation and promote more learning across the math strands
- Math literature and resources to enhance your K-2 math instruction with context and relevance whether working in-person or online
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in the best, cutting-edge strategies to help your K-2 students who have fallen behind in math catch up with greater confidence.
Linda Hilliard will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own Kindergarten, First or Second Grade Math program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now