DISTANCE LEARNING in KINDERGARTEN: Successful, Practical Strategies
Presented by Carolyn McMahon
Specifically Designed for Kindergarten Teachers, Paraprofessionals, Literacy and Math Teachers, and Administrators
- Practical strategies that “hook” Kindergarten students into participating with enthusiasm in a distance learning environment
- Increase the success of every online lesson for your Kindergarten students
- Innovative activities that will enrich the social and emotional development of your Kindergarten students through distance learning
- Optimize your classroom culture and student relationships through activities that connect your young students as they learn using a distance learning model
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What do YOU need to make the Distance Learning quality time with your Kindergarten students? During this NEW seminar by Carolyn McMahon, receive a list of award-winning favorite and classic literature titles to share with your students and their families. Learn the value of play-based learning and the importance of open-ended questions to gain insight into your students’ learning, comprehension, and critical thinking skills as you “check for understanding.”
Make every moment count with hands-on materials that your kindergartners will use AFTER the online lessons for extra practice and independent learning. We CAN help our students stay on track academically and socially in the distance learning environment. This NEW seminar emphasizes PRACTICAL strategies to help your kindergartners be successful with Distance Learning.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Jumpstart Your Online Time with Your Kindergarten Students
Launch each of your online lessons with teacher-tested quick-starts based on poems, songs, and rhymes that captivate and engage your young distance learners
- Unleash the Power of Questioning Designed for the Distance Learning Environment with Kindergartners
Strengthen your virtual connection with your Kindergarten students using more meaningful questioning techniques … Increase the success of remote observations, assessment and evaluation of academic progress across the content areas of math, language, reading, and writing
- Virtual Play-Based Learning … Is It Possible? YES!
Learn how to initiate and manage play-based learning with your groups of students in the distance learning setting and keep the joy of learning alive with your kindergartners
- Simple Ways to Provide a Higher Quality Virtual Experience in Early Literacy
Explore literature activities that teach important skills for comprehension, retelling, phonics, and phonemic awareness that can easily be adapted to distance learning … Learn award-winning favorite and classic literature titles to share with your students and their families
- Meet the Needs of Your Diverse Distance Kindergarten Learners
Invite your kindergartners’ unique environment and perspective into the virtual classroom with specific writing prompts and innovative activities that meet your kindergarteners where they are and help them build stronger connections with each other
- Strengthen At-Home Learning and Engagement in Math
Learn fun and engaging hands-on math activities and modeled lessons that lead to more independent practice of important early math concepts and skills
- Incorporate Powerful Brain Breaks for Kindergarteners During Your Distance Learning Experience
Explore the benefits to your Kindergarten students and participating family members … Learn ready-to-use brain breaks that everyone will appreciate
- Encourage a New Level of Self-Regulation and Independence for Your Kindergarteners
Utilize the most effective practices to help your kindergartners move from modeled on-screen lessons to more independent practice in their distance learning setting
- Increase Authentic Parent Communication and Family Connections
Expand your repertoire of powerful daily activities, tasks and routines that unite the home-school connection and reinforce critical early learning skills at home
- Receive a Digital Kindergarten Resource Handbook
Practical, ready-to-use materials and resources will be at your fingertips or keyboard with your very own comprehensive digital Kindergarten handbook!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Materials for Distance Learning … what we NEED to make distance learning successful for kindergarteners
- Quality literature titles to share with your students and families for language arts, reading, writing, and math lessons online
- Techniques to move your kindergarteners from passive on-screen learners to greater independence
- Learn the value of open-ended questions to gain insight into your kindergarteners' remote learning experience
- Play-based learning from a distance … How does it look in math and language arts?
- Making every moment count … Experience a distance learning lesson from start to finish
- Activities, tasks and routines that make the most of distance learning experience with kindergarteners
- Ready-to-use brain breaks you can incorporate into your online lessons
- Strategies to effectively engage kindergarteners at the beginning of a lesson
- Ideas to use digital learning as an opportunity to create authentic parent communication and family connections
- Receive a digital Kindergarten resource handbook filled with ready-to-use materials and resources for your online teaching experience
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Welcome to our new “classroom!” Here’s what I have recently learned: Our Kindergarten students haven’t changed one single bit since I began teaching Kindergarten so many years ago! They are excited to learn. They are up to the challenge of Distance Learning. Thinking of where they are today, whether we are online, teaching them in their homes or transitioning from online learning to in-classroom instruction, their happiness, smiles, laughter and excitement for learning hasn’t lessened. On that first day of school, let’s welcome them with wonderful read aloud stories. Let’s use those songs, poems, rhymes and games to make their first day of Kindergarten as important as the last day of school. Each minute we have with our students will encourage us to maximize the learning across content areas of language arts, reading, writing, and math, and include their social and emotional growth with peers in the distance learning environment. After this workshop you will have a wealth of strategies to make this magic happen for you and your students in the online setting.
My goal for this seminar is to give you the helpful tools you need directly from what is working in my own “distance learning Kindergarten classroom,” from helpful hints and shortcuts that will work in different settings: online, small group mini-lessons or hands-on, ready-to-use independent classroom activities. I’ll model a variety of lessons so your confidence will soar as you embrace the uniqueness of online learning. And, let’s not forget helping those valuable home helpers: parents, grandparents, caregivers, family members. How can we help, guide and communicate with them? I will provide you with lessons that your kindergarteners will use seamlessly for guided practice and independent learning. You will be on your way to a quality lesson each and every day.
Please join me for a fast-paced day filled with strategies and activities you can truly use in your Distance Learning classroom or transitioning to and from a traditional classroom. Come ready to sing, dance, play, move and share a day packed with laughter, smiles, and ready-to-use ideas!
P.S. Join me as I share my best strategies and tips for teaching Kindergarten in the distance learning environment!
Who Should Attend
Kindergarten Teachers, Paraprofessionals, Literacy and Math Teachers, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Seminars
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- "Hear it today, use it tomorrow" lessons for Kindergarten distance learners
- Tools for distance learning in Math, Language Arts, and Writing
- Ways to demonstrate a variety of listening, speaking, reading and writing processes that will enhance kindergarteners' distance learning
- Procedures to review, practice and remind: cues for making distance learning a quality experience for your kindergartners
Carolyn McMahon will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own Kindergarten program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now