Distance Learning: Increase Your Students' Self-Management, Relationship Skills and Responsible Decision Making
Presented by Jennifer Rogers
Specifically Designed for Grade K-12 Classroom Teachers, Instructional Aides, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, Technology Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Proven ways to strengthen students' self-management, relationship skills and responsible decision making during online learning
- Highly practical instructional strategies to teach complete distance learning lessons with Social Emotional Learning practices embedded
- Specific intervention strategies to increase online engagement
- Timesaving ways to organize the distance learning cycle to help you improve student behavior for virtual learning
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW live online seminar is designed for educators who want to maximize student success online while teaching in a distance learning environment. Experienced teacher and national presenter, Jennifer Rogers will share dozens of practical, ready-to-use activities to enhance your online instruction while increasing students' self-management, relationship skills, and responsible decision making. Jennifer will share proven, easy-to-implement strategies to engage your learners and increase their self-management and responsible decision making skills while working remotely.
You will learn time-saving ways to make every moment count! Jennifer's focus throughout the seminar will be on PRACTICAL strategies and activities to help grades K-12 students be more successful with distance learning. Whether you are teaching fully online or in a hybrid teaching environment you'll leave with numerous strategies and resources to strengthen distance learning and students' self-management, relationship skills and responsible decision making with all of your students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Techniques to Increase Engagement and Motivation
The best, high-yield practices designed to engage and motivate students in your virtual classroom each day – relationship building, self-management, and responsible decision making … Learn practical ways to improve these behaviors in your online sessions
- Use Strategies to Promote Responsible Decision Making
Provide the most effective responsible decision making strategies that impact student behavior … Decrease challenging situations in your virtual classroom
- Utilize Proven Procedures to Strengthen Your Students' Self-Management Skills
Reach even your most challenging students … Teach your students practical self-management strategies for success
- Proactive, Next-Day Ideas and Tools to Develop Stronger Relationships
Improve relationships even when teaching remotely … Get better results from proactive strategies
- Avoid Common Mistakes
Learn how you may be unintentionally reinforcing undesirable behaviors … Walk away with ready-to-use solutions to more effectively correct and redirect disruptive and inappropriate behaviors
- Improve Students' Self-Management
Learn how an inability to self-manage impacts your students and how it can easily be turned around into positive behaviors that lead to stronger online learning behaviors
- Integrate Strategies to Foster Positive Decision-Making
Use specific practices that will help you to teach responsible decision making skills all students need
- Build Positive Relationships and Impact Student Learning
Identify key components to building more positive relationships with your students when working online … Updated strategies for positively impacting student learning
- Increase Engagement and Motivation for ALL Students
Ready-to-use, time-tested engagement strategies that build student capacity to work with others, use problem solving skills, and communicate effectively – all ideal for online teaching and learning
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with practical methods, ideas and research-based strategies to increase your students' self-management, relationships skills and responsible decision making
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to make a dramatic difference with your online instruction for grades K-12 students
- How to promote skill development to help students manage their behaviors and reactions, whether working with students in-person or online
- Work smarter, not harder … Use classroom-proven tools more efficiently
- How to develop self-care strategies that work for you
- Ways to differentiate your online instruction and develop the must needed social emotional skills your students need to succeed
- A wealth of ways to fully engage grades K-12 students online in productive and meaningful learning
- Individual vs. small group vs. whole class … Getting the most bang for your buck and utilizing online time wisely
- Proven strategies for building strong relationships while engaged in distance learning
- Stress management tips for you and your students
- Three keys to developing positive relationships with your students
- Practical ways to increase student engagement through stronger self-management and responsible decision making skills
- How to choose practices that work for YOUR strengths and match your setting – online or in-person
- Numerous ideas for conversation starters to help you learn more about your students' needs while navigating the virtual setting
- Strategies to help you work with students who need more support
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an educator, I know firsthand how challenging our job has become because of the uncertainty related to teaching during this pandemic. My collaboration with educators like you who are trying to teach students who are dysregulated or apprehensive about learning in a virtual setting led to the creation of this seminar. It is a challenge for many educators to teach social and emotional competencies in an online environment. But we are all aware of the importance of building relationships with students, helping students to manage their attention, and make responsible decisions that affect their education. Students are demonstrating through their behaviors that they need new tools related to self-management and responsible decision making. As teachers, this new territory can be overwhelming for us. Knowing that we all want to provide the best supports for our students, I invite you to spend the day with me to learn new strategies that support our efforts to pivot between our in-person settings and our online ones. Join me as I share practical techniques, strategies, and tips you can immediately apply to improve the experience of all of your grades K-12 students.
Developing strong relationships, self-management, and responsible decision making skills may be easier for some students when learning in the same room as their teacher. The online environment is unique and needs us to shift our practice to meet the challenge it presents. My goal for the day is for you to leave the seminar with many new, practical tools that can help you work with students who need additional supports as they tackle learning online. This seminar is designed for you to walk away with strategies to improve student behaviors, increase positive interactions and to prevent burnout of hard-working teachers.
Please join me to strengthen your toolkit, avoid common pitfalls and leave with new resources. I am excited to help you add new strategies to help improve the behavior of your students!
P.S. You will leave this seminar with lots of practical ideas and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you implement the strategies as soon as you return to your school!
Who Should Attend
Grade K-12 Classroom Teachers, Instructional Aides, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, Technology Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Seminars
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Distance learning ideas and best practices for online instruction
- Practical, timesaving strategies and ideas for distance learning that you can implement tomorrow
- Strategies to use you time effectively when addressing the social emotional needs of your students
- Techniques to increase student success with distance learning by increasing your students' self-management, relationship skills, and responsible decision making
Jennifer Rogers will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now