This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Making Best Use of Google Classroom to Strengthen Your SCIENCE INSTRUCTION (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Jeff Jambretz
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
- Dozens of practical strategies for best utilizing Google Classroom to strengthen your secondary Science students' engagement and learning – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- The best free Google and Chrome web apps for enhancing instruction in grades 6-12 Science classrooms
- Timesaving ways to more easily manage Science students' work in Google Classroom … Assign, collect, grade, and give feedback with just a few clicks
- Receive an extensive digital Google Classroom Science resource handbook and access to Jeff's specially created Google Classroom so you can immediately link to all the resources presented in this seminar
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW live online seminar is specially designed for secondary Science educators who want to make more effective use of FREE Google Classroom and a variety of Google Tools and Apps to enhance Science learning. Whether you're currently teaching in-person or online, outstanding secondary Science teacher and Instructional Coach, Jeff Jambretz, will show you specifically how to make best use of the most dynamic Google Tools for secondary Science classrooms including Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, Add-ons, and more! Discover new ways to more efficiently tap into the power of online student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful aspects of G Suite for Education. Jeff will share practical and timesaving strategies for streamlining everyday workflows in your Science classroom.
Whether you are brand new to using Google Classroom or are an experienced user, and whether you're teaching at school or online, you'll leave this seminar with a wealth of use-tomorrow ideas. You will also receive an extensive Google Classroom digital resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing all the tools and apps presented in this seminar to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Essential Google Classroom Tips and Tricks for Enhancing Your Science Instruction – Whether You are Teaching In-Person or Online
What every grades 6-12 Science teacher needs to know about fully tapping into Google Classroom, Apps and Extensions … The best, most useful aspects for strengthening your Science instruction
- Increase Student Success and Accountability in Online and Hybrid Learning Environments
Learn proven ways to maintain Science students' motivation and accountability for online assignments
- Timesaving Strategies to Boost Your Productivity AND Effectiveness
Employ the best free Google Classroom, Chrome apps and extensions for helping you save time while increasing your effectiveness … Explore timesaving strategies that enhance learning for your Science students and streamline your workflow
- Utilize the Newest Features of Google Classroom
Google is constantly releasing new features and making changes … Discover how to leverage the newest features of Google Classroom to benefit your Science instruction and your students
- Streamline Your Workflow and Provide Feedback More Swiftly and Effortlessly
Take full advantage of timesaving, timely online assessment tools to direct and drive your Science instruction … Learn essential strategies to assign documents, name and submit assignments, provide feedback, grade and return assignments, and more!
- Maximize the Full Potential of Google Forms in Your Science Classroom
Explore how fellow Science teachers are using Google Forms beyond simple survey tools … From formative assessments and exit tickets to creating observations and data collection using mobile devices
- Explore Science Teacher-Tested Google Classroom Projects and Activities
Sample a variety of projects and activities that you can take back and customize for your Science classroom
- Harness the Power of Google Classroom for Online Collaboration and Communication
Discover practical ways Google Classroom can significantly enhance collaboration … Improve communication and strengthen learning among students in your grades 6-12 Science classroom
- Incorporate the Most Outstanding, Free Chrome Extensions for Science
Learn how to manage your time more efficiently with Chrome Extensions … Explore the best tools to support you and your grades 6-12 Science students
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook and Online Access to a Specially Created Google Classroom
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google Tools and Apps presented during the seminar – whether you're teaching in-person or online … Receive access to Jeff's specially created Google Classroom filled with helpful digital links and resources
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for making the best use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools to enhance instruction in your Science classroom – whether you're teaching at school or online
- Timesaving tips and tricks for using Google Classroom to make your life easier, both in and out of the classroom
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome extensions that are applicable to secondary Science instruction
- Work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple-choice and project-based assessments
- How Google Classroom and G Suite can be used to differentiate and flip Science instruction with grades 6-12 students
- Advanced applications of Google Classroom to streamline your work and communicate with students and parents with ease
- What cloud-based computing is and how it can make your life easier in and out of the Science classroom
- How to utilize Chrome profiles to access your bookmarks, information and files from anywhere
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your Science students in productive and collaborative learning – whether in-person or online
- How to simplify classroom management and routines using built-in apps
- Valuable tips to get the most from the technology you have in your Science classroom – even if it's just one laptop, Chromebook or tablet
- Practical ways students can collect and curate scientific data to improve projects and labs
- Utilize the latest updates in Google Classroom and G Suite for Education, including new and improved tools to enhance Science learning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
How can we provide the best learning environment and experiences for our secondary Science students? How can we promote and develop lifelong learners with strong critical thinking, collaboration and communication skills? How can we keep up with implementing the latest and best technology tools in our instruction? And how can we do all this given the many challenges and time constraints we face as Science educators? What I find so exciting about Google Classroom is that it has the power to greatly assist us in achieving all these aims and more with our Science students!
No matter whether you're currently teaching in-person, online or somewhere in between, I want to share the best of what I have found to be successful in my own experience as a current grades 6-12 Science teacher, and with the secondary Science teachers whom I coach and support. Discover new ways that Google Classroom can help you become more efficient and effective. Explore digital tools you can use for warm-ups, checks for understanding, formative assessments, exit tickets, for increasing students' voice and choice in Science, and so much more! My goal is to equip you with the strategies and confidence to immediately strengthen your instruction with Google Classroom, and you can expect your students to come to class both excited and eager to learn Science.
I look forward to helping you discover how you can greatly enhance how you approach your daily Science instruction from start to finish. Join me for an exciting day filled with outstanding, practical and timesaving Google Classroom strategies that you can use the very next day with your Science students.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. I have personally witnessed how Google Classroom can transform Science learning. I can't wait to show you how!
Who Should Attend
Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Google Classroom Science Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical, timesaving strategies and ideas for integrating Google Classroom and G Suite into your Science curriculum – whether you're teaching in-person or online
- Step-by-step guides for using Google Classroom and G Suite with your students
- Descriptions, images and publishers of the newest, most effective Chrome Extensions for grades 6-12 Science classrooms
- Tips and tricks for using Google Classroom, Google Drive and other resources to enhance Science instruction
- "How to" screenshots of a variety of apps and extensions perfect for Science classrooms
Jeff Jambretz will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own Science program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.