This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Making Best Use of Google Classroom to Strengthen Your SCIENCE INSTRUCTION (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Daniel Brennick
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
- Dozens of practical strategies for best utilizing Google Classroom to strengthen your secondary Science students' engagement and learning – whether you are teaching at school or online
- The best FREE online tools that work seamlessly with Google Classroom to enhance your grades 6-12 Science instruction
- Timesaving ways to more easily manage Science students' work in Google Classroom … Assign, collect, grade, and give feedback with just a few clicks
- Receive an extensive Google Classroom Science digital resource handbook and special access to Daniel's Google Drive so you can immediately link to all the resources presented in this seminar
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW live online seminar is specially designed for secondary Science educators who want to make the best use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools and Apps to enhance their Science instruction. Experienced secondary Science teacher and Google for Education Certified Trainer and Educator, Daniel Brennick, will show you how to more efficiently tap into the power of online student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful aspects of G Suite for Education – whether you are teaching at school or online. You will also learn how to make the best use of many of the most useful Google Tools including, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Keep, Chrome extensions, and much more! Daniel will share practical and timesaving strategies for streamlining everyday workflows in your Science classroom.
Whether you are brand new to using Google Classroom or are an experienced user, you'll leave this seminar with a wealth of use-tomorrow ideas. You will also receive an extensive digital Google Classroom Science resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing all the tools and apps presented in this seminar to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Essential Google Classroom Practices for Enhancing Your Science Instruction
What every grades 6-12 Science teacher needs to know about fully tapping into Google Classroom, Apps and Extensions … The best, most useful aspects for strengthening your Science instruction – whether you are teaching at school or online
- Timesaving Strategies to Boost Your Productivity AND Effectiveness
Employ the best free Google Classroom, Chrome apps and extensions for helping you save time while increasing your effectiveness … Explore timesaving strategies that enhance learning for your Science students and streamline your workflow
- Unleash the Power of Google Classroom in Your Science Program
Examine how to use Google Classroom to create and organize assignments, provide feedback, and communicate more efficiently with your grades 6-12 Science students … Here's how!
- Develop Effective Lessons for In-Person or Online Science Instruction
Explore how you can harness the power Google Classroom and G Suite for Education to create dynamic lessons perfect for face to face or online science instruction
- Provide Highly Valuable Feedback More Swiftly and Effortlessly
Take full advantage of timesaving, timely online assessment tools to direct and drive your Science instruction … Learn essential strategies to assign documents, name and submit assignments, provide feedback, grade and return assignments, and more!
- Easily Curate Rich, Engaging Science Lessons with Powerful Google Tools
Learn how to harness the full power of Google Sites, YouTube and online web tools and apps to easily create dynamic lessons that engage and challenge Science students
- Utilize the Full Potential of Google Forms in Your Science Classroom
Explore how fellow Science teachers are using Google Forms beyond simple survey tools … From formative assessments and exit tickets to creating observations and data collection using mobile devices
- Digitally Differentiate Your Science Instruction and Interventions
Discover a host of ways to assign class work to different subsets of students with anonymity … Better meet the needs of your diverse Science learners – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Harness the Power of Google Classroom for Online Collaboration and Communication
Discover practical ways Google Classroom can significantly enhance collaboration … Improve communication and strengthen learning among students in your grades 6-12 Science program
- Receive an Extensive Digital Google for Education Resource Handbook and Online Access to a Specially Created Google Drive with Helpful Resources
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google Tools and Apps presented during the seminar … Receive information on accessing a specially created online Google Drive with helpful digital links and resources
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for making the best use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools to enhance instruction in your Science classroom – whether you are teaching at school or online
- Unleash the power of Google Classroom and Google for Education in your classroom to create engaging interactive lessons with ease
- Timesaving tips and tricks for using Google Classroom to make your life easier, both in and out of the classroom
- Build powerful Science lessons for in-person, online, or hybrid instruction to meet the need of all students during uncertain times
- Work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple-choice and project-based assessments
- Advanced applications of Google Classroom to streamline your work and communicate with students and parents with ease
- How to easily curate online lessons using Google Sites, YouTube, Workbench, and more!
- How to utilize Chrome profiles to access your bookmarks, information and files from anywhere
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your Science students in productive and collaborative learning – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- How to simplify classroom management and routines using built-in apps
- Valuable tips to get the most from the technology you have in your Science classroom – even if it's just one laptop, Chromebook or tablet
- Practical ways students can collect and curate scientific data to improve projects and labs
- Utilize the latest updates in Google Classroom and G Suite for Education, including new and improved tools to enhance Science learning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
We are currently teaching in an amazing era! When I look back years ago on my first classroom, the range of possible activities and tools was so much smaller. But given all we are tasked with as Science teachers, staying abreast of the best technology available and how to use it to help our Science students can be a challenge. The good news is that I have gone on the road ahead of you and am happy to share the best of what I have found works!
Google Classroom is designed to streamline our hard work as Science teachers to help us promote and develop lifelong skills in our students. The features of Google Classroom provide strong support for the new ISTE technology standards and support rich 3-Dimensional NGSS teaching and learning.
I have designed this seminar based on my years as a secondary Science teacher and Google Certified Trainer and Educator. I want to share powerful strategies and resources you can use to greatly enhance your Science instruction and program. I am passionate about, have worked alongside and coached many teachers in using technology to create vibrant learning opportunities for ALL students.
Join me for a day bursting with hands-on exploration of the very best ways to harness the power of Google Classroom and Google for Education in your secondary Science classroom – whether you are teaching at school or online. You will leave equipped to streamline your workflow with Google Classroom, saving you and your students lots of time and headaches. You'll also be ready to engage your students in new and exciting ways that will boost their Science learning to new heights.
I can't wait to show you how you can greatly enhance your Science program with Google Classroom!
P.S You WILL leave this seminar with so many exciting new ideas you'll be able to use right away!
Who Should Attend
Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Google Classroom Science Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive Science-focused Google Classroom digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical, timesaving strategies and ideas for powerfully integrating Google Classroom and Google for Education into your Science instruction – whether you are teaching at school or online
- Step-by-step guides to using Google Classroom and Google for Education with your students
- Descriptions, images and publishers of the most effective Chrome extensions and web applications for grades 6-12 Science classrooms
- Strategies for creating highly engaging Science lessons using Google Classroom, Google Sites and Workbench
- Ideas and tools to help students take greater responsibility for their learning in your Science classroom
Daniel Brennick will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own Science program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.