This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
DISTANCE LEARNING: Strengthening Online SCIENCE Instruction (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Jeff Jambretz
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
- The keys to practically and successfully teach complete secondary Science distance learning lessons to strengthen students' engagement and learning online
- Timesaving ways to organize the distance learning cycle for Science instruction … Create, assign, engage students and provide feedback, all while maintaining your sanity
- Best practices for designing online Science instruction using Google Classroom and other Learning Management Systems
- Receive an extensive digital secondary Science distance learning resource handbook and access to a specially created Google Classroom so that you can immediately link to all the resources in the seminar … And more!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW live online seminar is specifically designed for secondary Science educators who want to use online distance learning tools more effectively. Outstanding secondary Science teacher and Instructional Technology Coach, Jeff Jambretz, will show you specific ways to make the best use of the most dynamic online tools for implementation in the secondary Science classroom. Discover new and innovative ways to tap into the power of online student collaboration more efficiently with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful Chrome apps for Science. Jeff will share practical and timesaving strategies for streamlining everyday workflows in your Science classroom.
Whether you are teaching fully online or in a hybrid format – and are searching for free tools with a variety of practical applications, you'll leave this seminar with a wealth of use-tomorrow ideas to enhance your grades 6-12 online Science instruction. You will also receive an extensive digital Science distance learning resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing all the tools and apps presented in this seminar to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Essential Practices for Powerful Distance Science Instruction in Grades 6-12
What every secondary Science educator needs to know about fully tapping into cutting-edge Google and technology tools … Explore the best, most useful tools for strengthening online distance learning in Science instruction
- Organize Distance Learning Science Lessons to Increase Student Success
Learn how to effectively boost student engagement and increase student achievement while working in an online format
- Create the Conditions for Optimal Online Learning in Science
Explore a host of strategies for building an optimal online learning community … Set the stage for high levels of student safety, innovation, communication, and learning
- Harness the Power of Google and Other Web Tools
Discover practical ways Google and other technology tools can significantly enhance online collaboration … Improve communication and strengthen learning among students in your grades 6-12 online Science classroom
- Enhance your Science Instruction with Google Drive
Connect Google Drive files to Google Classroom Science assignments to unlock powerful functionality for student collaboration and feedback
- Get Hands-On with Science Apps and Activities
Experience the myriad ways free Chrome apps and activities can be used to provide rigorous, engaging instruction in secondary Science classes
- Connect With ALL of Your Science Students During Distance Learning
Specific strategies for engaging the full range of students in your online Science classroom … Enrich, engage and support every student – from highly capable to struggling – using teacher-friendly, tech-based differentiation strategies
- Increase the Engagement of Grades 6-12 Science Students
Improve student understanding through novel, high-interest online work … Learn strategies for increasing student engagement and motivation online
- Timesaving Distance Learning Instructional Techniques
Uncover teacher-friendly distance learning strategies that tap into your students' interests and strengths … Discover how to make online assessments easier and less time consuming for busy Science teachers
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a highly practical, digital Science resource handbook full of ideas, strategies and resources you can immediately implement to strengthen your distance learning Science instruction
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best, most useful tools to strengthen distance learning Science Instruction in grades 6-12
- Time-efficient communication tools to clarify online learning expectations with students and parent/guardians
- The most useful Google apps and extensions to design engaging online Science lessons
- Innovative ways to help students showcase Science mastery far beyond online forms or worksheets
- Timesaving tips and tools to expedite meaningful feedback
- How to support your students with 504 plans and IEPs … digital tools to support online accessibility for all Science learners
- Practical strategies for using a variety of free Google Tools and Google apps to enhance online Science instruction
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome apps that are applicable to secondary distance learning Science instruction
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your Science students in productive, collaborative learning
- The best resources to design effective and motivating distance learning Science tasks
- The most effective ways to teach Science in a distance learning model
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In all my years of teaching Science, I cannot think of a more unique time to be an educator. If you're like many of the Science teachers I know and work with, the pivot to distance learning happened suddenly and without training about how to make the most of Science instruction in this new format.
I have designed this live online seminar to showcase what I have found to be the most useful tools and strategies that work in real secondary Science distance learning classrooms to support and engage real secondary Science learners. Students can leave our online classrooms with both 21st century skills and proficiency in Science. I can't wait to show you how!
For many years, I have been experimenting in search of the very best tech tools for the Science classroom with my own students. Used effectively, these can significantly transform the teaching and learning of Science. In this live online seminar, you will learn more about the tools your students may already be using in other classes or at home – but with a focus on how to make best use of those most helpful for Science distance learning. We will work together to design engaging online lessons that purposefully point students toward proficiency in digital summative assessments. I will share the best, practical, easy-to-implement ideas I have found that can be seamlessly integrated into online Science instruction.
I look forward to sharing what works and what doesn't based on my experience teaching Science in distance learning. All the tools I will present work equally well in an in-person or distance learning format. I will provide you with an overview of the functionality of Google Classroom from a secondary Science perspective as well as tips and tricks to save you valuable time and effort. It is my sincere hope that you leave this seminar excited about distance learning!
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. This seminar is packed with numerous ideas for using Google and Ed Tech tools to support distance learning – specifically for Science teachers. Novice and tech savvy Science teachers alike will leave with a wealth of new, use-tomorrow tools and ideas.
Who Should Attend
Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Recommendations for setting up and managing Google Classroom and Google Drive that will save time and stress for Science teachers and students
- How to differentiate your distance learning instruction to meet whole group and individual learners' needs, including remediation and extension ideas
- New classroom-tested assessment strategies to reduce Science teachers' workload
- Innovative ideas to improve Science content knowledge while simultaneously developing critical thinking skills with distance learning
- Screenshots of activities with step-by-step directions for successful distance learning
- Contextualized examples for each tool, site, app, and extension for a variety of levels (novice and intermediate)
Jeff Jambretz will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own Science program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.