Cutting-Edge Strategies to Strengthen Your First Grade Program
Presented by Linda Klotz
Specifically Designed for First Grade Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators Who Work with First Grade Students
- Proven, best strategies to catch up First Graders that have fallen behind and accelerate the learning of all First Graders – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Help your First Graders who've fallen behind fill in learning gaps and master key grade level skills
- Accelerate First Graders' learning of key the reading, writing and math skills of your First Graders
- Receive an extensive First Grade teaching strategies digital resource handbook and access to Meghan's online resources packed full of timesaving ideas, tips, tools, and proven strategies to practically and successfully strengthen First Graders' success
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for the most effective, cutting-edge instructional strategies specifically designed for First Grade? Look no further! In this NEW strategy-packed seminar by outstanding First Grade Teacher, instructional coach, and national presenter, Meghan Everette, you will discover the most innovative ideas for strengthening the learning of your First Grade students.
Join Meghan for a day focused on the best tools for First Grade. Whether you are teaching online or in-person you will learn dozens of ideas for helping better support the learning of all your First Graders. Meghan's fast-paced day is packed with practical, use-tomorrow First Grade-tested strategies to help every student – from struggling to high performing.
You will leave with a renewed enthusiasm, a wealth of innovative ideas, and special access to Meghan's online resources including an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for First Grade.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen Your First Graders' Academic Skills In-Person or Online
Strengthen the learning of your First Graders' core skills in decoding, comprehension, fluency, writing, speaking, listening, conceptual understanding and math fluency
- Identify Gaps in Your First Graders' Learning and What to Do About It
Gain efficient, easy-to-use assessments to help you pinpoint gaps in your First Graders' learning … Inform your instruction and target the learning needs of your First Graders
- Develop Strong Number Sense through Differentiated Mathematic Instruction
Practical, student-and teacher-friendly ideas to maximize the effectiveness of your math lessons, develop strong number sense, and bolster existing learning
- Increase First Graders' Writing Fluency in Powerful, Fun, and Strategic Ways
Explore engaging, time-effective strategies to incorporate writing across the curriculum … Scaffold and expose students to a variety of growth provoking writing experiences
- Incorporate Digital Tools Perfect for First Grade!
Explore vetted, digital integration tools that work virtually or in-person including Flipgrid, Nearpod, enriching websites and apps, and techniques that work in any First Grade classroom
- Boost Student Achievement and Academic Expectations in Your First Grade Class
Strengthen academic skills with dozens of practical strategies to boost learning without wasting valuable instructional time or sacrificing the fun of First Grade
- Strengthen Your Support for ALL First Graders
Learn cutting-edge, practical ways to use learning intentions and success criteria to design highly effective and useful formative assessments … Better inform your instruction and deepen student learning
- Drive Achievement Through Literacy
Learn how to grow your own library resources, digitally and in-person, and how to put literacy to work for you … Strengthen literacy across subject areas, get tips for effective progress monitoring, and get ALL First Graders to be readers
- Foster Social-Emotional Learning Strategies Students Need Now
Learn specific strategies that build confidence and growth mindset, increasing First Graders' focus, attention, and responsibility for their own learning
- Receive an Extensive First Grade Strategies Digital Resource Handbook and Special Online Access
You'll receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical applications of each of the ideas presented … Gain special online access to Meghan's online resources with a wealth of strategies … All resources and strategies are perfect for First Grade – whether you're working in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative instructional strategies to catch your First Graders up and boost their achievement – whether teaching in-person or in distance learning
- Quick formative assessments that allow you to take action quickly and close the learning gap
- Specific reading strategies to strengthen your First Graders' fluency and comprehension
- Engaging, high interest and motivating activities that build students' confidence and competence in math
- Immediately usable tools and strategies to help keep students engaged and ensure active participation in learning
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – outstanding sample lessons, materials and techniques to enhance your instruction, motivate your Second Graders and significantly boost their achievement
- High-leverage strategies to accelerate Fifth Graders' growth by making best use of visible learning practices
- Highly effective ways to build social-emotional skills, boosting confidence and helping First Graders develop a growth mindset
- Powerful tools for identifying and overcoming First Graders' skill and learning gaps
- Proven differentiation techniques perfect for First Grade and supporting individual students' needs
- Timesaving strategies, systems, procedures, and protocols to help you run a more efficient First Grade classroom – whether face-to-face or online
- Numerous, ready to use mini lessons for scaffolding your students' reading and writing across the curriculum
- The latest research-based instructional strategies for considerably accelerating the engagement and learning of your First Graders
- Ways to maximize student success across content areas through the levels of learning: surface, deep, and transfer
- Engage families for improved academic outcomes in engaging, tested ways that draw communities in as powerful learning partners
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
First grade is such an exciting and rewarding age to teach. Young students are excited and motivated to learn, but it can be daunting as a teacher to ensure the strong skill foundation all First Graders need for long-term academic success. I've faced the challenges common among us First Grade teachers in my own classroom and I know the concerns about getting a solid foundation while still infusing a passion for learning.
Teachers work exceptionally hard, and they need vetted, ready-to-go solutions that make their lives easier. I have designed this NEW live, online seminar to provide you with the best strategies, activities, and tools for your First Grade classroom whether you are teaching in person, online, or somewhere in between. My goal is to give you the most practical, successful methods to apply and adapt the very best, cutting-edge teaching techniques to help you meet the needs of all your First Grade students.
Join me for a fast-paced, action-packed day where you will learn innovative, actionable practices across language arts, math, science, social studies, and even social emotional learning important across all subjects. I've designed and used every technique with my own First Graders and in a multitude of real First Grade classrooms.
I look forward to sharing a wealth of ideas and teaching strategies with you that will energize you and significantly boost the achievement of your First Graders. Along with the comprehensive First Grade digital resource handbook you will receive, I will share many samples of actual First Grade work.
P.S. This day will be packed with innovative, ready-to-use, inexpensive, practical ideas and activities ideal for First Grade whether you're teaching in-person or remotely. Plus, you'll receive an idea packed First Grade digital resource handbook and access to my online, editable collection of ideas.
Who Should Attend
First Grade Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators who work with First Grade Students
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Organized, ready-for-use lists of websites, books and resources to enhance your First Grade instruction
- Classroom-ready, student-tested lessons and teaching ideas that will help your First Grade students' learning soar – whether teaching in-person or online
- Current, innovative strategies for establishing higher levels of learning that will engage your First Graders and accelerate their growth
- Outstanding digital tools for First Grade, plus tools, tips, and tricks for making the most of them – whether teaching face-to-face or online
- Dozens of practical ideas to enhance student learning through reading, writing, listening, and speaking across all content areas
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in cutting-edge strategies to strengthen their first grade programs.
Linda Klotz will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now