DISTANCE LEARNING: Strengthening Your Online Instruction with FIRST GRADE Students
Presented by Linda Klotz
Specifically Designed for First Grade Teachers, Instructional Aides. Title 1 Staff, Technology Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Proven ways to strengthen first graders' engagement and learning online … The keys to practically and successfully teach complete distance learning lessons to strengthen first graders' engagement and learning online
- Proven ways phonemic awareness, explicit and systematic phonics instruction, comprehension strategies, and small reading group instruction can be done remotely to keep moving your first graders forward with reading and vocabulary development
- Learn new ways to engage in number sense activities while developing composing and decomposing skills, utilizing math tools at home, and allowing for collaboration with problem solving strategies
- Timesaving ways to organize the distance learning cycle for first graders … Create, assign, engage students and provide feedback, all while maintaining your sanity
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW live online seminar is designed for first grade educators who want to maximize student success online while teaching in a distance learning environment. Experienced first grade teacher, Linda Klotz will share dozens of practical, ready-to-use activities to enhance your online instruction with first graders and keep it meaningful. Ways to make the most of phonics and phonemic awareness, writing, spelling, and reading and math strategies will be addressed with adaptations for differentiation with first graders.
Linda will share proven comprehension strategies to engage your learners and increase their critical thinking skills while working remotely. You'll learn time-saving ways to make every moment count with hands-on learning materials that your First Graders can use at home for independent learning. Linda's focus throughout the seminar will be on PRACTICAL strategies and activities to help your First Grade students be more successful with distance learning.
Whether you are teaching fully online or in a hybrid teaching environment you'll leave with numerous strategies and resources to strengthen distance learning with first graders.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Essential Practices for Powerful Distance Learning with First Graders
What every First Grade Teacher needs to know about fully tapping into innovative Google and other powerful educational tech tools … Explore the best, most useful tools for maximizing first graders' success online
- Strengthen Your Academic Assessments of Online Learning
Increase the success of remote observations, assessment of academic progress across the content areas of math, language, reading, writing, science, and social studies
- Digitally Differentiate Your Instruction and Interventions
Discover a host of ways to assign class work to different subsets of students while engaging in distance learning … Better meet the needs of your diverse first grade learners
- Provide a Higher Quality Virtual Experience in Early Literacy
Explore literature activities that teach crucial skills for comprehension, phonemic awareness and phonics, spelling, reading, and writing that can be easily implemented into distance learning
- Meet the Needs of Your Diverse Distance Learners in First Grade
Invite your first graders to share their unique perspectives in the virtual classroom with specific writing prompts that meet them where they are and help them build stronger connections with each other
- Strengthen Distance Learning in Math
Learn fun and engaging hands-on math activities and modeled lessons that lead to more independent practice of early number sense and math skills
- Encourage a New Level of Self-Regulation and Independence for Your First Grade Students
Utilize the most effective practices to help your fist graders move from modeled on-screen lessons to more independent practice in their distance learning setting
- Utilize Timesaving Strategies to Boost Your Productivity AND Effectiveness Teaching Online
Employ the best tools, apps, materials, and videos to help you save valuable time while increasing student success and learning online
- Review and Create Formats for Online Learning to Better Meet the Needs of Your First Grader Learners
Review examples of weekly lesson plans and how to fit it all in while keeping students moving forward in their learning goals … See video examples of lessons
- Receive an Extensive Digital First Grade Resource Handbook
Practical, ready-to-use materials and resources will be at your fingertips or keyboard with your very own comprehensive digital First Grade Handbook!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to make a dramatic difference with your online instruction for first grade students
- Work smarter, not harder … Use Google Classroom Education Tools more efficiently with your first grade curriculum
- How to manage small group instruction and whole class lessons with first graders that encourage participation with enthusiasm and help them meet the learning goals and state standards for first grade
- Ways to differentiate your online instruction and assign lessons
- Fun, highly effective ways to encourage collaboration, problem solving, and deepen comprehension skills with first graders
- A wealth of ways to fully engage first grade students online in productive and meaningful learning
- Small group vs. whole class … Getting the most bang for your buck and utilizing online time wisely
- Keeping small group strategy lessons alive while using online learning to meet the needs of your first grade learners
- Modeling comprehension strategies whole class with quality literature … Using response sheets to model understanding
- Online ways build vocabulary and make words meaningful
- Mindful teaching with purpose and clarity to make the most of your first graders online success
- How to incorporate word work and spelling into your daily distance learning plans
- Proven, use tomorrow strategies for growth mindset and building strong relationships while engaged in distance learning with first graders
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an experienced first grade teacher, I know firsthand what first grade students need not only social and emotionally, but academically as well. Like most of you it's been necessary for me to transition my teaching to a distance learning model. I have experienced the many challenges of online distant learning and fortunately have discovered numerous ways to make the most of my time and energy, while helping guide my first graders to success with their learning growth. I have found great success and now I am excited to share what I have learned with you.
Today, more than ever, our first grade learners need rich opportunities for communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking. The great news is I have found and developed terrific and wonderful resources that promote this kind of learning in your online classroom. I have personally witnessed and transformed my online teaching to strengthen my instruction. I have designed this day with you specifically in mind. I am excited to share what works based on my extensive educational experience and in my supporting of others.
In our day together, I will share the best, most innovative distance learning strategies, organizational skills and tools to specifically meet the needs of your first grade learners. Prepare to discover a wealth of outstanding ways you can easily increase student engagement, effectively differentiate, and make the most of your small group and whole class instruction.
Please join me for a fast-paced day filled with strategies to implement tomorrow. Come ready to learn, laugh, smile, play, and engage with ready-to-use ideas you'll be able to use immediately with your online instruction of first graders.
P.S. My goal is share with the best tools, resources and strategies I have found to optimize distance learning for your first graders.
Who Should Attend
First Grade Teachers, Instructional Aides. Title 1 Staff, Technology Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Distance learning ideas and best practices for online instruction with first graders
- Practical, timesaving strategies and ideas for distance learning that you can implement tomorrow
- Tips and tricks to use you time effectively and managing small group and whole class instruction online with first grade students
- The best tools for first graders' distance learning in math, literacy, science, art, and social studies
- Procedures, practices and expectations for first graders to make distance learning a quality experience
Linda Klotz will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now