Practical Strategies for Improving the Effectiveness, Efficiency and Impact of Your School-Based OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES
Presented by Beverly Moskowitz
Specifically Designed for Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants Serving Preschool-Grade 12:
- Dozens of practical evidence-based strategies for implementing best practices and multi-tiered support systems
- New and innovative techniques consistent with the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework to accelerate the efficiency, effectiveness and outcomes of your occupational therapy program
- Incorporate the most effective OT techniques with at-risk students
- Timesaving tips to help you gain greater control of your caseload … Simplify your documentation and improve your treatment results
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Designed especially for Occupational Therapists and OT Assistants, whether novice or veteran, this idea-packed seminar combines the best occupational therapy practices with the realities of related service provision in today’s demanding school settings. You will leave this seminar with a wealth of practical strategies that will enable you to become more effective and efficient in your school-based occupational therapy practice. Sought-after school-based occupational therapist, Beverly Moskowitz, shares dozens of proven ideas for becoming a “go-to” professional and team member, based on her extensive experience as a school-based occupational therapist. Throughout the day, Beverly will share an indispensable “bag of tricks” with adaptations, accommodations, interventions, and technology applications that range from inexpensive to free that will be helpful for learning school environments.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Strengthen Your Role as a School-Based Occupational Therapist
Learn how to be a more effective and efficient school therapist with an expanded repertoire of strategies that will make you a highly valued resource and team member
- Gain Greater Control of Your Caseload
Gain greater control of your caseload by pioneering alternative delivery models, collaborative teaming, inclusive programming, flexible scheduling, and occupational therapy sensibilities
- Fresh, Innovative Ideas to Expand Your Therapy Repertoire
Expand your “bag of tricks” with adaptations, accommodations, interventions, and technologies that range from inexpensive to free so your teachers, administrators, students, and parents will integrate your suggestions into their daily routines
- Incorporate Time-Efficient Strategies for Progress Monitoring
Simplify data collection and documentation with quantifiable techniques that measure change in seconds
- Increase Your Effectiveness with Students with Emotional, Attentional or Sensory Issues
Identify therapeutic remedies and positive behavior supports that provide sensory seekers, hyperactive or labile children with satiating or calming tools they can use before, during and after class
- Address the Volumes of Handwriting Referrals More Effectively
Discover the Size Matters Handwriting Program, a new and proven method that changes legibility issues immediately and measurably … Learn about the evidence!
- Support Inclusive School Practices and Social Justice
Become skilled at providing meaningful aids, services, modifications, training, and technology that allow educational continuity for students with disabilities and those at risk … Incorporate best practices into your school’s Response to Intervention program
- Learn Practical Strategies for Advancing Function, Independence and Participation Regardless of Age, Disability or Educational Placement
Individualize curricular materials, environments and group dynamics so students develop positive values, habits, skills, and roles to help them work longer, harder and more successfully … Promote self-esteem among your challenged students
- Incorporate Innovative Strategies for Building a Highly Effective and Responsive School-Based Occupational Therapy Practice
Communicate effectively from intake to graduation … Set a foundation of expectation that clarifies the educational model to teachers and parents … Here’s how
- Receive an Extensive Occupational Therapy Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive occupational therapy digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar … Included are dozens of practical therapy ideas and forms you’ll be able to use immediately to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your therapy practice whether your therapy is in-person or online
At the end of the seminar you will be able to:
- Identify practical, evidence based strategies to increase your effectiveness and efficiency as a school based occupational therapist
- Name proven techniques to help you gain greater control of your caseload schedule and referral stream
- Select alternative delivery models, like collaboration and push in treatment, as per the Least Restrictive Environment mandates
- Identify ways to promote and graduate students from OT service with respect to frequency, individual versus group and direct versus indirect treatment
- Select strategies for using adaptations, accommodations, interventions, and technologies that range from inexpensive to free
Practical Strategies for Occupational Therapy Service Delivery...
- Describe how you can inspire teachers, administrators, students, and parents to integrate your suggestions into their daily routines
- Recognize timesaving techniques for simplifying data collection and documentation with quick, quantifiable or qualitative scale
- >Identify appropriate satiating or calming tools that can be used with sensory seekers, hyperactive students or labile students
- Select the best collaboration strategies to communicate more effectively with teachers and parents from students’ intake to graduation
- Examine meaningful aids, services, modifications, training, and technology that allow students with disabilities and students at risk to remain in their general education classrooms
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In more than 40 years as a Pediatric Occupational Therapist, I’ve seen tremendous changes in the range of learning differences and caseload numbers filling our schools. Along with the demands to provide evidence-based treatment and to produce results, I’m led to one conclusion:
There is no time to waste!
More than ever, therapists must juggle a multitude of challenges to consistently and comfortably offer best practices. Consequently, I have designed this seminar to put into therapists’ hands real solutions to common practice problems in the areas of time management, teacher collaboration, treatment planning, sensory processing, handwriting, and general therapeutic know-how. Accommodations, specially designed instruction, low- and high-tech materials, and accessibility options will also be discussed with a levelheaded eye toward budget, compliance and the overall difficulty teachers have adding one more thing on their “To-Do Lists.”
An unapologetic realist and passionate efficiency expert, I promise you a whirlwind day filled with lively, down-to-earth and meaningful information that will transform your practice and bring sanity back to your professional life. Most importantly though, teachers and parents alike will sing your praises as their students experience greater success as a result of your efforts.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
Beverly H. Moskowitz, DOT MS OTR/L
P.S. Again, the focus of my seminar will be on highly practical strategies you’ll be able to use immediately to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your therapy practice.
Who Should Attend
Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants serving students from preschool through grade 12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Research-based interventions to strengthen your expertise as a school-based OT or OT Assistant
- Effective, efficient, affordable, and fun methods, modalities and materials
- Alternative delivery models that promote inclusive programming
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the behavior and learning of their students.
Beverly Moskowitz will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
AOTA – CEUs
BER is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Full attendance at this seminar qualifies for .5 AOTA CEUs/5 Contact Hours per day of attendance. You are required to fully attend the seminar and complete a program evaluation and a learning outcomes assessment at the end. The assignment of AOTA CEUs/Contact Hours does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. AOTA Educational level: Introductory, Category: Occupational Therapy Service Delivery.
For a time-ordered agenda for this event – Click Here
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.