Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM, Free Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to Enhance Instruction (Grades K-6)
Presented by James May
Designed Specifically for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Practical ways to make best use of Google Classroom, Google Tools and Apps
- Harness the full potential of Google Drive to engage your students as they create, collaborate and share content that demonstrates what they know and can do
- Timesaving strategies for using free Google Tools to better differentiate learning in and beyond the classroom
- Utilize free Chrome extensions and add-ons to foster greater initiative and self-direction in all your students
Please plan to utilize a Chromebook or laptop with the Chrome Browser installed. (This is not a requirement, but using an iPad, Android tablet or smart phone will not provide access to the full range of Google or Chrome resources covered in the seminar.)
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for the best ways to harness Google Classroom, free Google Tools, Apps and Extensions for enhancing instruction? Are you interested in fostering the four C’s of 21st Century learning while integrating web-based tools and resources? If you want to learn how to more effectively channel the tools your students already access into rich web-based collaborations and products whether your instruction is in-person or online, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss!
In this uniquely focused seminar, James May, Ed.D., award-winning teacher and digital innovator, will help move your instructional program into the 21st Century utilizing Google Classroom, Google Tools, Apps, and learning innovative practices for integrating mobile devices, media, and more for enhancing student learning. James will show you practical ways Google Tools can enhance instruction while fostering greater accountability, productivity, initiative, and self-direction. James will demonstrate how to best harness Google technologies and use them to motivate all your students.
You’ll leave this seminar knowing that you can effectively use Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to enhance instruction and improve student performance in the process. The comprehensive digital resource handbook and accompanying website you’ll receive at the seminar will continue to keep you up-to-date as technology changes and provide an ongoing professional development community.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Make the Best Use of Google Classroom, Free Google Tools, Apps, and Extensions to Accelerate Learning
Learn practical applications for more effectively using Google Classroom and free Google Tools to foster learning of key skills and concepts … Go beyond the basics and discover the latest updates in the tools you’ll want to use the most
- Harness the Power of Google Drive for Collaboration and Communication
Discover the amazing variety of practical ways Google Drive can significantly enhance collaboration and improve communication as students build content together
- Tap into the Best Google Apps and Extensions to Engage Your Students in Complex and Creative Thinking
Examine the apps you and your students can use to better collaborate and create videos, presentations, visuals, and more … Apps and strategies to project wirelessly, turn smart devices into classroom clickers, enhanced whiteboards, lightboards, and more
- Utilize Google to Foster 21st Century Skills
Today’s students need to be college, career and life ready … Experience how cutting-edge technology can help foster the 4 C’s of 21st Century learning: critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity for all your students
- Teach Your Students Advanced Search and Close Reading Techniques
Teach your students advanced search techniques from Google Power Searching and Advanced Power Searching
- Accelerate Student Achievement in All Content Areas
Experience hands-on, comprehensible strategies to use Google Tools, Apps and Extensions in all content areas … Teach academic content and the related vocabulary while improving literacy skills at the same time
- Increase Opportunities for Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing
Using the tools that students are most comfortable with for communicating, learn to take advantage of Google to encourage all modes of communication
- Differentiate Learning In and Beyond Your Classroom
Experience innovative ideas for providing additional learning support and differentiated opportunities for students to work at their own pace using free and easy-to-use video apps and extensions
- Build an Array of High-Quality Interactive Learning Materials and Activities
Use Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to increase your repertoire of interactive options and engage your students in fun and productive ways while you formatively assess their growth
- Receive an Extensive Google Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical applications of each of the Google Tools and Apps presented during the seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Strengthen your knowledge of Google Classroom, Google Tools, Apps and Extensions and their practical uses in grades K-6
- How you can utilize a combination of Google Apps and tools to help your students develop essential 21st Century Skills
- Ways to work smarter, not harder … Timesaving tips for using a variety of Google Tools more efficiently, including self-grading, effective searching, hidden assets in Drive, and more
- Strategies for designing hybrid and online lessons designed to enhance instruction using free Google Apps and Tools
- Google search strategies that improve student research and citation skills, identify copyright-free images for projects and narrow the search to increase productivity
- Ways to weave modes of communication, culture and 21st Century skills into student work both in and outside of the classroom
- How you can differentiate instruction to better meet the needs of all your students with Google Classroom, Google Drive, YouTube, and Chrome add-ons
- How to improve workflow and data collection as evidence of student performance through downloads and installation of Google Apps and add-ons
- Proven ideas to guide all your students toward developing greater academic success
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I have a passion for utilizing Google Classroom and Google Tools as well as the wide variety of technologies this new world provides. I can’t wait to share what I have found works best with students. My focus for this seminar will be ways to make the best use of Google Classroom, Google Tools, Apps, Extensions and techniques for use with smart devices, tablets, Chromebooks, and other technologies to best meet the needs of students in grades K-6.
As a fellow educator, I know how valuable your time is. I also know that trying to stay current in this new world of technology can quickly become overwhelming. To save you time, I will share the most useful, device-agnostic teaching strategies, Google Tools and Apps available, and I will show you how to best utilize them in your classroom to engage and motivate students while enhancing their learning experiences. During the seminar, you will see more than just Google Classroom, Google Tools and Apps. I will provide live demonstrations from start to finish so you will know exactly how to implement these tools in your classroom. You’ll also leave with an extensive resource handbook that will provide step-by-step instructions!
I look forward to seeing you at the seminar!
James May Ed.D.
P.S. The focus of this seminar is on the latest Google Classroom, Google Tools, apps, extensions, and techniques to best meet your students’ needs.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Lesson ideas for Google Tools and Apps that you are free to copy and customize for use with your students
- Timesaving ways to use Google Tools to increase communication
- Tips and tricks for integrating more advanced features of Google Tools, Apps and Extensions
- Google-inspired techniques for using video to enhance and differentiate learning in-person and online
- Strategies for integrating 21st Century skills for college, career and life readiness
James May will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now