SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS: What's NEW in Technology to Save Time and Accelerate Therapy Outcomes
Presented by Chris Wenger
Specifically Designed for Speech-Language Pathologists Working with Students in Grades PreK-12
- Accelerate therapy outcomes with the best digital tools to use with a wide range of mild to severely impaired students whether working in-person or online
- Create more engaging lessons using game-changing tech tools including interactive iPad apps, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Google Tools, and other web-based resources you can use immediately
- Save yourself hours of time searching and testing hundreds of apps, extensions and websites for use in your therapy program … Chris has done the work for you and will share free and inexpensive tools that are appropriate for ALL students
- Receive an extensive SLP technology resource handbook filled with dozens of quality apps, websites and cutting?edge technology resources to enhance your speech?language program
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for practical ways to be more time-efficient in your lesson planning and managing the loads of paperwork for your large caseloads? If you’re looking for new, highly effective ways to accelerate the impact of your therapeutic interventions, then this is a seminar you won’t want to miss. In this outstanding seminar, you’ll learn timesaving ideas for using cutting-edge technology that will increase student motivation and accelerate therapy outcomes.
Experienced speech-language pathologist and nationally-acclaimed technology specialist, Chris Wenger, will share innovative ways to more effectively utilize technology in your therapy sessions, using the best creation tools available. Whether you are just starting to make use of technology in your therapy program or have many years of experience doing so, you will walk away with dozens of amazing, timesaving tools to use on a daily basis in your speech therapy sessions. In addition, you’ll leave with a detailed SLP tech toolkit/handbook to help you immediately implement the ideas you learned in this seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Incorporate the Newest, Most Effective Technology Tools into Your Speech Therapy Sessions In-Person and Online
Specific ideas to help utilize the newest technology resources, and how to evaluate and repurpose apps, ideal for use in your school-based language therapy program
- Utilize the Best Resources to Support Your IEP Goals
Learn the best-of-the-best web resources that support your students’ IEP goals … Discover how to easily create amazing lessons and how to liven up your therapy sessions
- Take Your SLP Skills to the Next Level … Learn Practical Ways to More Effectively Use Technology to Support Your Caseload
Dozens of highly effective reading apps, iBooks and activities that support the needs of diverse learners … Learn about the best literacy apps and research-based strategies that can be integrated immediately into any existing program
- Increase Your Time Efficiency: Make Best Use of Google Tools for IEP Meetings AND Therapy
Discover innovative ways Google Tools can increase your time efficiency using free web tools and resources … Learn practical ways to more conveniently collaborate with teachers and meet IEP goals with students
- Increase Receptive and Expressive Language Abilities through Innovative Technology
Using the tools your students are most comfortable with for expressive language … Discover how to take full advantage of the most useful iOS apps and Google Tools to encourage all modes of communication and improve accuracy in meeting student IEP objectives
- Build an Array of High-Quality Interactive Speech-Language Learning Materials and Activities
Use amazing tools, apps and extensions to increase your repertoire of interactive options and get your students using language in fun and productive ways while you formatively assess their proficiency and growth
- From Mild to Severely Impaired, There’s an App or Tech Tool to Motivate ALL Students
Learn about the best, free to low-cost apps and other tech tools to help all areas of needs, including syntax, semantics, fluency, and functional communication
- Explore the Latest Interactive Technology Tools to Support Language Development
More effectively use social media such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, podcasting, and digital storytelling to address narrative language, image creation to support language development, and more … Learn innovative ways to use these tools to increase student motivation, interest and participation
- Inspire and Motivate Your Students to Think in New Ways
Customize your students’ learning experiences and learn new ways to create your own interactive materials so your students can more easily meet their IEP goals
- Receive an Extensive SLP Technology Resource Handbook
You will receive a detailed SLP handbook filled with practical ideas for using the latest tools and technology in your speech language program … Included in the handbook are dozens of strategies and other resources designed to help enhance your therapy sessions and have a greater impact on student outcomes
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of practical, realistic, timesaving ideas for using cutting-edge technology to more effectively address a variety of speech language therapy needs whether you’re working in-person or online
- Deepen your knowledge of social media, Google Tools, apps, and extensions and their practical uses with your students
- How to make best use of helpful websites and timesaving strategies to stay current with the technology developments that have useful applications for speech language therapy
- Proven techniques to more effectively integrate iOS platforms into your speech language therapy
- Ways to improve your use of Google and Google Tools to support therapy and IEP goal attainment
- How you can stay up-to-date with new technology for speech language therapy
- Step-by-step demonstrations on tech tools to use with your students that are easy to access, easy to follow and are applicable immediately
- How to more effectively use YouTube and digital photography to engage students in learning
- Innovative strategies for using websites and blogs to increase your therapy productivity
- How to work smarter, not harder … Timesaving tips for using technology to help reduce stress from large caseloads and the anxiety of having to come up with creative and motivating lesson plans to keep your students engaged
- Simple, effective techniques to inspire participation from the most challenging
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an experienced school-based SLP and national speaker, I am dialed in to the most current technology trends while always striving to grow my own knowledge base. My insights into the innovative technology tools I will share throughout the seminar will position you to develop a powerful SLP tech toolkit and create amazing therapy activities to better support your students’ therapy needs!
During your time at the seminar, you’ll learn about the most useful tools to create amazing and motivating therapy lessons, simplify your workload and reduce stress, all through the most effective and practical use of technology. With hands-on learning and demonstrations, you’ll rejuvenate your SLP skills by freeing you to spend more time on your students’ therapy needs.
The technology tools I will share at this seminar run the gamut from the traditional to the cutting-edge. These creation tools discussed all have one thing in common: when implemented, they make the SLP life stress-free and exciting.
You’ll leave with numerous new therapy tools and activities you can use right away.
P.S. This seminar is filled with fun, motivating, hands-on learning and easy-to-implement ideas that will help you to be a more effective and time-efficient speech-language technologist.
Who Should Attend
Speech-Language Pathologists Working with Students in Grades PreK-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive SLP technology digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Detailed descriptions of the best, most effective web-based resources and other cutting-edge technology
- Apps and websites to effectively target IEP goals
ASHA - CEUs
ASHA-Required Disclosure Statement for Chris Wenger:
Presenter for the Bureau of Education & Research and receives honorarium compensation.
He is the California Speech and Hearing Association state treasurer and the WESELPA SLP Council co-chair.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.