Special Educators: Accelerate Progress for Students with IEPs By Making the Best Use of Differentiation, Accommodations, and Modifications
Presented by Petra Nelson
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12 Teachers, Special Education Resource Specialists, Special Education Teachers, Instructional Coaches, and Other Professionals Who Support Students with Special Needs
- Dozens of practical strategies to increase the success of students with special needs
- Highly effective modifications that provide maximum benefits and help your students with special needs make greater gains from every lesson you teach
- Timesaving ways to determine the most appropriate accommodations to meet individual students’ academic and behavioral needs
- Timesaving strategies designed to remove learning barriers and support access to grade level curriculum
Practical Ideas and Strategies
As academic standards and grade-level classroom expectations have increased, the needs of students with special needs have grown more diverse. Consequently, the necessary supports for students with disabilities has become ever more important. Many educators struggle in determining the most appropriate supports each student may need. In this seminar, you will learn how to identify the most appropriate strategies for more effectively enabling students to be most successful across diverse learning environments. Experienced special educator and outstanding national presenter, PETRA NELSON will share a comprehensive approach to differentiation strategies, deepen your understanding of appropriate accommodations, and help improve your implementation of effective modifications.
You will leave with dozens of highly practical, effective strategies and an extensive resource handbook to help improve your effectiveness in meeting the needs of your students with special needs.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Improve the Behavior and Academic Success of Students with Disabilities
Strengthen the impact of your instruction and determine the most appropriate means of supporting your students … Gain a deeper understanding of how differentiation, modifications and accommodations can best be used to support the diverse learning needs of your students with special needs
- Effectively Differentiate Your Instruction Based on Students’ Individual Needs
Learn proven, teacher-friendly ways to enhance your instruction with the evidence-based practice of differentiated instruction … Better meet the unique needs of your students with disabilities
- Create More Effective Modifications that Allow Your Students with Special Needs to Benefit from Every Lesson
Discover how to create modifications that allow your students with special needs to benefit more from every lesson
- Enhance Your Skills for Making Appropriate Accommodations
Accelerate the success of your students with special needs with appropriate accommodations that enable grade-level access … Learn practical ways to embed student goals in everyday classroom lessons, resulting in greater student growth
- Boost Students’ Participation and Engagement
Employ innovative ideas for better meeting the needs of your students with disabilities … Motivate students to take greater responsibility for their learning
- Cutting-Edge Strategies to Support Students’ Individual Needs and Goals
Strengthen your instructional impact by expanding your repertoire of teaching strategies that provide the most effective supports for students with learning differences
- Enhance Support of Academically and Behaviorally Challenging Students
Increase your effectiveness in meeting the needs of all your students with special needs … Learn proven techniques to better address diverse challenging academic and behavioral needs
- Help Students Gain More Meaningful Access to Curriculum Content
Eliminate barriers that prevent students with special needs from engaging in meaningful participation … Here’s how!
- Determine Individual Student Progress More Strategically and Effortlessly
Discover a variety of practical formative assessment tools you can use to more quickly and accurately progress monitor your students’ achievement – whether teaching in-person or online
- Receive a Comprehensive Special Education Resource Handbook
You will receive a comprehensive special education resource handbook filled with practical strategies, ideas and techniques to help you accelerate the progress of your students with special needs
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Essential, practical ways to make best use of differentiation, accommodations and modifications to accelerate the success of your students with special needs
- Cutting-edge teaching methods to help students with special needs benefit more from each lesson
- Innovative ideas to help you better evaluate individual student needs and goals
- Easy-to-implement strategies to make your lessons and activities more efficient, engaging, and beneficial for your students with special needs
- An expanded repertoire of tools to better manage the needs of your students with special needs
- Effective strategies to boost student participation and engagement in lessons
- Powerful ways to help your students with special needs gain more meaningful access to curriculum content
- Proven strategies to maximize learning for students with special needs
- A variety of low-prep ways to support differentiated instruction for students with special needs
- Proven strategies to improve the behavior and academic success of your students with special needs
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – ways to remove students’ learning barriers, improve individual outcomes, help students take more responsibility for their learning, create differentiated lessons based on your assessments, and more!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In my years as a special educator I have learned that teaching students with special needs is not easy. We are charged with supporting rigorous instruction that provides access and accelerates learning. But given the ever-increasing demands on our time and resources, we want and need approaches that are powerful, evidence-based, and impactful, while also being efficient in relation to our time investment.
I am excited to share with you outstanding ways to differentiate your instruction and determine appropriate accommodations and modifications that remove educational barriers and accelerate the success of your students with disabilities. I want to help you accelerate the progress of your students with special needs and to maximize their success. During this unique seminar, my goal is to provide you with numerous strategies you can immediately incorporate into your practice. I want to share practical, timesaving ways to increase your impact on students’ academic and behavioral success across educational settings.
The emphasis will be on effective ways of determining appropriate accommodations and modifications that remove learning barriers for your students with special needs. Actively explore evidence-based differentiated instruction practices that will support and accelerate student learning and strengthen the impact of your instruction. Learn practical ways to increase students’ engagement and responsibility for their own learning. Gain outstanding, proven strategies for accelerating the progress of your students through differentiation, accommodations, and modifications!
Join your colleagues and me in this fast-paced day designed specifically for educators supporting students with special needs. You will leave this seminar excited, refreshed, and ready to implement high-impact practices and ideas to make a marked difference in the lives of the students you serve.
Petra Nelson, Ed.D.
P.S. You will leave this seminar with many practical techniques and strategies to help you better support your students with special needs across all educational settings.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-12 Teachers, Special Education Resource Specialists, Special Education Teachers, Instructional Coaches, and Other Professionals Who Support Students with Special Needs
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive special education digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Key ideas and specific tips for implementing strategies presented in the seminar
- Techniques to increase active engagement and motivation, while also helping students with special needs take greater responsibility for their own learning
- Essential ways to accelerate success for students with special needs
- Differentiated strategies to support students with disabilities across all educational settings
- How to better determine appropriate accommodations and modifications to remove learning barriers for students with disabilities
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in accelerating the success of students with special needs.
Petra Nelson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own special education program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now