This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Maximizing the Impact of GUIDED READING To Dramatically Increase Students' Success in Reading (Grades 1-5)
Presented by Tiffany Aden
Specifically Designed for Grades 1‑5: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Proven practices to dramatically enhance your Guided Reading instruction
- Innovative strategies that elevate the effectiveness of Guided Reading and other small group experiences to help your students achieve maximum instructional gain
- Dozens of practical ideas to target specific instructional needs within and beyond small group settings, using varied texts
- Easy-to-implement digital tools for successfully working with students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
The focus of this outstanding seminar is on practical approaches designed to help you maximize the impact of your Guided Reading and small group instruction. Learn how to create more powerful, flexible, small group structures, allowing you move seamlessly from acceleration to enrichment based on specific student needs. In this strategy-rich day presented by nationally recognized literacy instruction expert, TIFFANY ADEN, you will discover ways to blend your whole class and small group instructional experiences to differentiate and target your literacy instruction, strengthen your students’ reading achievement, and much more!
You will leave with a renewed sense of purpose and a wealth of use-tomorrow strategies, ideas and approaches for maximizing the impact of your Guided Reading and small group instruction. Maximize the benefit of your instruction and accelerate your students’ reading proficiency. This is a day you won’t want to miss, particularly if you are committed to providing high-quality literacy opportunities for every student, every day!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Maximize the Impact of Your Guided Reading Program to Dramatically Strengthen Students’ Reading Achievement
Elevate and maximize the benefits of your Guided Reading and small group instruction to help your students achieve dramatic growth and become proficient readers
- Accelerate Progress for Your Students Who Have Fallen Behind in Reading
Adjust the structure and flow of your Guided Reading and small group instruction … Target specific learning needs and accelerate learning for your students who have fallen behind in reading
- Strengthen the Design and Effectiveness of Your Small Group Instruction
Move beyond Guided Reading by initiating small group alternatives to strengthen and accelerate your students’ reading progress … Learn practical ways to maximize the effect of your small group instruction
- Provide Students with the Differentiation and Targeted Support They Need
Create a dynamic instructional framework to implement more flexible learning opportunities, expertly blending whole class, small group, peer supported, and side-by-side learning
- Identify and Avoid Common Pitfalls of Small Group Instruction
Make the most of your valuable instructional time … Optimize your reading instruction by understanding what will and will not help students achieve accelerated growth
- Elevate Your Reading Instruction and Promote Student Independence
Make powerful adjustments to your reading instruction … Adopt a perspective of positive differentiation through learning experiences that will increase engagement, independence, and success for your readers, within and beyond small groups
- Explicitly Teach and Reinforce Specific Instructional Needs
Make best use of a variety of small group settings … More effectively promote skills and strategies in meaningful contexts to help students assume increasing independence as you gradually begin to fade support
- Design More Purposeful and Productive Small Group Extension Experiences
Learn how to enrich small group experiences through reading opportunities that reinforce and extend learning in ways that will promote deeper connections with text
- Redesign Your Learning Environment to Elevate Student Progress
Explore easy-to-implement modifications to create an instructional environment that will best accommodate and support unique student learning needs
- Receive an Extensive Reading Instruction Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive reading instruction resource handbook packed with valuable strategies and techniques designed to help you make more effective use of Guided Reading and other small group reading instruction formats … All strategies are highly practical and ready for use with your students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to maximize the impact of your Guided Reading and small group instruction
- Ways to promote accelerated growth – help your students who have fallen behind in reading to catch up
- Small group lessons that offer maximum benefit and continuous practice
- Digital learning experiences that will enhance Guided Reading
- Strategies to raise the instructional quality of learning opportunities across thecurriculum using a broad range of flexible learning options to scaffold and differentiate content
- How to fine tune your current reading program to function at the highest level using varied approaches that will accommodate the learning needs of all your students
- The essential components of high-quality small group reading lessons
- A flexible toolbox of powerful literacy strategies to motivate readers and increase achievement
- Ways to accelerate reading progress by creating small group and collaborative reading experiences that will accelerate literacy learning
- Specific criteria to more effectively form, organize, schedule, and adjust your small groups
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – the most effective instructional moves, ways to address students’ specific needs, how to analyze text to accelerate vocabulary development and new learning, strategies for strengthening your literacy framework, and much more!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As teachers, this past year has brought many challenges with COVID. It has also brought the opportunity for change, new learning, and progress. I know firsthand how very hard teachers work and for that reason it is my goal to provide you with easy-to-implement, practical, doable strategies and ideas you can use right away with your students.
As an experienced grades 1-5 teacher, instructional coach, and teacher trainer I want to share with you the best of what I have found to be successful with real students in real classrooms. I want to equip you with the knowledge, skills, and motivation to be more confident, organized and efficient in delivering highly effective, differentiated Guided Reading and small group instruction that is responsive to your students’ needs.
During our day together we will explore the very best ways to maximize the impact of your Guided Reading and small group instruction to dramatically strengthen your students’ reading achievement. I want to share ideas that will help you make the best use of your time, and resources you already are using. Examine tools and activities designed to captivate and increase your students’ achievement in reading. I will also provide you with engaging activities and ideas for keeping the rest of the class productively learning as you focus on working with small groups.
Please join me for a renewing, empowering day filled with strategies and ideas for providing the instructional support your students need to become successful readers. You will receive my Guided Reading resource handbook, specifically designed for this seminar, packed with a wealth of proven strategies and useful techniques for dramatically increasing your students’ success in reading.
I look forward to seeing you at my seminar!
P.S. You will receive my extensive Guided Reading resource handbook that I designed specifically for this seminar, which is filled with practical ideas and strategies you can implement immediately.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Tips, tools, strategies, and procedures for creating instructional experiences that will maximize the instructional impact of your small groups
- Specific high impact instructional strategies to help catch up your students who are behind in reading
- Practical suggestions to design small group activities that are flexible, dynamic, and powerful
- Materials and resources you can easily adapt to any text or learning goal across your curriculum
- Additional resources to support distance and digital learning
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a great opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators who are also interested in maximizing the impact of Guided Reading and small group instruction.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.