101 Strategies for Strengthening Your PHYSICAL EDUCATION Program (Grades K-8)
Presented by Carrie Flint
Specifically designed for Physical Education Teachers, Specialists, and Classroom Teachers that teach Physical Education, working with students in Grades K-8
- Over 101 practical PHYSICAL EDUCATION strategies to greatly enhance and strengthen your grades K-8 PE program
- Numerous fitness activities that students will find fun and motivating – even your reluctant students
- Effective class-management strategies and tips unique to the PE environment
- Games and cooperative activities promoting full inclusion and meeting all of your students’ needs
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Join outstanding PE teacher and national presenter, Carrie Flint, for an innovative seminar filled with 101 practical PE strategies perfect for all K-8 physical education teachers. In this unique and highly practical seminar, you will learn dozens of ideas to strengthen your PE instruction while creating a positive attitude in all your students – even those who have little or no confidence in their own physical abilities. Carrie has taken what she has found works in her own PE programs and packed it into a day filled with strategies, creative lessons, management tips, assessment ideas, recommended equipment and homemade options, and adaptations of activities to accommodate the wide range of student abilities you have in your own classes. Carrie’s focus is on “doable solutions” rather than “bells and whistles” for developing and increasing students’ physical fitness and for adapting any teaching environment no matter what obstacles you face. Whether you are experienced or new to teaching PE, you will walk away with exciting and engaging strategies you can immediately implement in your own PE program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- 101 Practical Strategies to Strengthen Your Grades K-8 PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Innovative and proven strategies to engage and excite all your students in physical education … Over 101 ideas you will be able to adapt to fit the needs of your current PE program
- Effective Management Strategies Designed Specifically for the Unique Needs of PE Teachers
Teaching strategies and class-management ideas for large class sizes, lack of equipment, teaching indoors and outdoors, teaching virtually, creating positive attitudes toward physical activity, and much more … Creative techniques to make the most of your valuable PE instructional time
- Develop an Inclusive PE Program that Increases Success for All Students
Innovative, inclusive strategies to help all students have a positive experience in your PE program, regardless of their skills and abilities … Make PE the best part of their day!
- Develop a Physical Fitness Growth Mindset in Your Students
Create a physical fitness growth mindset to help students embrace their own physical fitness without comparing themselves to others … Assist students in setting personal goals to increase self-confidence
- Fitness Fun for the Body and the Brain
NASPE recommends that physical fitness should be a product of play in order to make it part of daily life … Gain dozens of quick-and-easy activity ideas, music suggestions and teaching tips that will get your students moving and having fun while they are exercising
- Brain Research for the PHYSICAL EDUCATION Teacher
We know that exercise and movement can greatly increase the brain’s readiness for learning … Discover quick-and-easy, intentional brain breaks that work well to refocus and calm your students
- Ideas to Establish and Maintain a Positive and Cooperative PE Environment
Provide a safe and positive environment where students can participate without fear or dread of their perceived lack of physical abilities … Ideas that can easily be implemented in your PE classes
- Focus on the Positives of Physical Activity for Reluctant and Unmotivated Students
Focus on getting students moving to increase their activity level and motivation to participate no matter their skills … Helpful ideas for creating healthy and more active PE classes
- Dozens of Ideas for Using Music for More than Just Background Sound
How to effectively and creatively use music in new, innovative ways to enhance your lessons … Create and gain valuable playlists and resources to use music for intentional purposes
- Experience New and Innovative Activities that Align with the National PE Standards
Discover a wide variety of activities to strengthen your current program and meet national physical education standard
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Over 101 practical strategies to strengthen your grades K-8 physical education program
- Get all your students moving in fun and safe ways
- Ideas to overcome the challenges of little or no PE equipment
- Reaching reluctant and unmotivated students who don’t want to participate in PE
- Fitness activities that will accommodate all abilities and large groups of students
- Using music to increase heart rate – research-based strategies you won’t want to miss
- How to develop a physical fitness growth mindset to help students embrace their own physical fitness without comparing themselves to others
- Gain numerous, readily available music playlists created for specific PE goals
- Ideas for lesson planning and yearlong unit planning
- Creative ways to incorporate nutrition and health concepts into your PE classes
- Easy-to-implement brain breaks specifically for PE classes
- Recommended teaching tools and low-cost or free resources
- How to use music as a motivator and a time-management tool
- Ideas and tips for addressing the wide range of skills and needs of all your students to create an inclusive PE program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The experiences students have in association to physical activity in any environment (can stay with them for the rest of their lives. Research has shown that if it is a negative experience, it is more likely that the student will live an inactive lifestyle as an adult – and if it is positive, they will develop active and healthy, lifelong habits. I believe that we, as PE teachers, can make the positive difference for students – even those who have already developed a fixed mindset about their own physical abilities. Let’s start together in this one-day, highly practical seminar that will inspire you with 101 strategies to make the most of your PE program.
I developed this seminar for all PE teachers who are looking for innovative ways to create inclusive programs where students are actively participating at their own skill levels and are working together in fun and engaging ways, whether they are learning in your classroom or distance learning environment. I will share dozens of lessons using music to motivate and manage students, ideas for adapting lessons to meet the needs of students with special needs, assessment tips, time and classroom management strategies, low-cost or free resources you won’t want to miss, positive play and cooperative activities to promote full inclusion, tips for teaching foundational gross motor skills, and much, much more!
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to participate in a high-energy seminar that encourages maximum participation in physical education for all students. You will leave with 101 strategies and activities you can use immediately in your physical education program.
P.S. This is a “practical, doable solutions and strategies” seminar to help you make the most of your PE time with students.
Who Should Attend
Physical Education Teachers, Specialists, and Classroom Teachers that teach Physical Education, working with students in Grades K-8
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Helpful tips and strategies to improve your physical education program
- Fun fitness activities and playlists matching music to each activity
- Brain break activity ideas, music recommendations and tips for successful implementation
- Positive play and cooperative activities promoting full inclusion and meeting all of your students’ needs
- Helpful tips on teaching foundational gross motor skills
- Recommendations on creating healthy and active classrooms, lessons and celebrations
- Lists and links to helpful resources available for teachers
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in practical strategies for strengthening their grades K-8 PE programs.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now