Innovative, NEW Activities for Strengthening Your PHYSICAL EDUCATION Program (Grades K-8)
Presented by Dennis Stands
Specifically Designed for Physical Education Teachers and Specialists Working with Students in Grades K-8
- New, innovative games and activities for enhancing physical education instruction in grades K-8
- Create a more inclusive PE program where all students feel included and successful regardless of skills and experience
- “Must-have” lead-up games and skills for a variety of sports
- Diagrams, detailed directions, equipment lists, and video links for all the activities in a physical education digital resource handbook for grades K-8 physical education teachers
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Whether you are a grades K-8 PE specialist or a classroom teacher responsible for teaching your own PE, you are sure to find many new, engaging and innovative activities to increase student success and the effectiveness of your physical education program. You will have a chance to observe a wide variety of engaging PE activities presented throughout the day.
In this unique seminar, outstanding physical education teacher and PE teacher trainer Dennis Stands will share dozens of new and innovative activities designed to encourage maximum participation, regardless of one’s skills, or special needs.
Dennis will share a variety of quick, easy ways to make teams where no child feels excluded and is able to experience success at his or her own level. Even if you are teaching in a limited space, you will find innovative ways to raise heart rates and maximize participation at the same time. Teamwork will be a component of almost every activity shared throughout this highly active seminar.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to participate in this high-energy seminar that encourages maximum participation in physical education for all students. You will leave with dozens of strategies and activities you can use immediately in your own physical education program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Experience a Myriad of NEW and Innovative Activities for Grades K-8 Physical Education
Learn a wide variety of new and innovative activities for strengthening your current PE program … All activities meet the National Physical Education Standards
- Utilize Engaging, NEW Warm-up Activities to Use in the First 5-10 Minutes of Your PE Class
Learn new quick ways to get heart rates elevated in a fun, safe way … Designed to get ALL kids moving for the entire time
- Create a More Inclusive Physical Education Program Where All Students Feel Included and Successful
Discover practical ways to help all students experience success and positive involvement regardless of their abilities and experience
- Implement Proven Management Strategies for Grouping Classes in Fast and Fair Ways
Learn how to quickly make teams or groups for any activity – saving valuable time … Methods that help all students feel included within a group
- Increase Your Repertoire of New and Innovative Cooperative Activities for Building Teamwork Skills
Teamwork is the focus for these type of activities, with groups learning how to work together to accomplish a task
- Incorporate Fun, Heart-Pounding, Rhythm Activities in Your PE Program
Rhythm is an important aspect of any physical education program … Learn simple rhythmic activities that are fun and easy to teach
- Align your PE program with the National Standards for Physical Education and Classroom Academics
Learn innovative games and activities aligned with the National PE Standards that can be used to teach almost any academic subject
- Develop Lead-up Games and Skills for a Variety of Sports
Learn mini-games and drills that challenge the more accomplished athlete and are equally fun for those with lesser skills
- Discover NEW and Unique Ways to Calm Students After an Active PE Class
Learn how to calm down students before they return to their classrooms
- Receive an Extensive Grades K-8 Physical Education Digital Resource Handbook
You’ll leave with an extensive physical education digital resource handbook designed specifically for grades K-8 physical education teachers that is packed with new and innovative activities you can use immediately in your own PE program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- New and innovative activities for enhancing physical education instruction in grades K-8
- New, high-energy games and activities that incorporate academics being taught in the classroom
- New warm-up games that get all students moving in a fun, safe way
- Innovative ideas to form teams in fast, all-inclusive ways that eliminate hurt feelings
- Practical, engaging movement activities that help create a fun, safe environment and promote the enjoyment of physical education
- Sport skills that challenge the highly competent while meeting the needs of those with lesser skills
- Proven ways to elevate the quality of PE skills using high interest mini-games
- Ways to help students learn to compete diligently without the emphasis on winning and losing
- Classroom-tested lesson plans that are easy-to-follow and use limited equipment
- Outstanding games and activities to use in a limited-space environment
- Proven methods to level the playing field for your students with less physical ability
- New activities and games that develop and improve sports skills
- Innovative ways to make every PE class fun, energetic, fast paced, and enjoyable
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I invite you to join me for a day of sharing many new and innovative games and activities that I guarantee will “spice up” your current PE program! Your students will thank you for showing them how much fun PE can be while learning and laughing through motivating games and activities.
My goal for this highly practical seminar is for you to experience a wide variety of activities, proven to bring a fun spark to your PE program. No matter your teaching situation, even if limited by space or equipment, you are sure to find many new and innovative games, always with an emphasis on maximum participation.
All the activities I will share in this seminar have been extensively and successfully used with grades K-8 students with a wide variety of skills and experience. My goal is to give you an array of ideas and activities you can use the next day in your own PE classes.
I hope you will join me in this fun day of learning to help make your PE program the best it can be. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. You will receive an extensive grades K-8 physical education digital resource handbook written specifically for this seminar, filled with all the activities you will experience during the seminar. You will also receive a video link to each activity for use whenever needed.
Who Should Attend
Physical Education Teachers and Specialists serving grades K-8
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive physical education digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- New warm-up games that keep everyone moving
- Cool-down activities, used following an active class, before sending students back to the classroom
- Fun, easy-to-learn rhythmic activities, using music available through iTunes
- Interesting and fun cooperative activities requiring the entire group to work together
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other PE teachers interested in enhancing their grades K-8 physical education programs.
Dennis Stands will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own PE programs.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.