GUIDED MATH: Differentiate Your Math Instruction Using Small Groups, Centers and Whole Group Strategies (Grades K-3)
Presented by Amy Stark
Specifically Designed for Grades K‑3 Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- Proven strategies to organize, implement, manage, and enhance Guided Math groups in your classroom
- Engage your entire class in practical, manageable ways – from your struggling students to your most capable students
- Strengthen your math program with a wealth of proven Guided Math instructional techniques designed for students in grades K-3
- Receive an extensive Guided Math resource handbook filled with dozens of innovative, advanced teaching strategies, center ideas and manageable activities to enhance your students’ math skills
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for ways to expand your repertoire of ideas and strategies for meeting the needs of your math students? Are you brand new to the practice of Guided Math? Or, would you like fresh, innovative ways to enhance your existing Guided Math program to help your students better meet and exceed math learning expectations in grades K‑3?
In this outstanding seminar with AMY STARK you will explore essential ways to use Guided Math groups to reach all levels of students and you will gain numerous, highly practical ideas for incorporating Guided Math into your grades K‑3 program. You will receive Amy’s extensive Guided Math resource handbook filled with strategies and activities that you can immediately implement in your own program, regardless of what curriculum you use. Join Amy for a fast‑paced, idea‑packed day filled with powerful ways to help you maximize the impact of your Guided Math program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Organize Your Guided Math Program Around the Best Teacher-Proven K-3 Activities and Practices
Discover the most effective techniques and valuable tools to help you establish or enhance a successful Guided Math program … Maximize the effectiveness and impact of your existing math curriculum
- Take Your Current Guided Math Instruction to a New Level
Target the diverse needs of your students using varied instructional groups including whole and small group Guided Math instruction, centers, technology, and assessments
- Innovative Ways to Organize and Manage Guided Math Groups
Discover timesaving, innovative ideas for organizing Guided Math that allow you to work more successfully with small, skill‑focused groups, while other students are actively involved in relevant, independent activities
- Enhance Your Distance Learning Lessons to Increase Student Success
Learn time-efficient ways to create and deliver virtual Guided Math lessons that effectively boost student engagement and increase student achievement in math
- Decrease Math Anxiety and Increase Student Success in Math
Explore differentiated, creative activities you can use tomorrow … Ignite your students’ natural curiosity and increase their ability to succeed in math using Guided Math strategies
- Make the Most of Technology in Your Guided Math Instruction
Differentiate math instruction and increase your students’ understanding of math concepts using engaging apps and websites in your Guided Math instruction
- Engage and Challenge All Your Students Mathematically
Gain a wealth of classroom‑tested techniques specifically designed to meet the unique needs of your students
- Strengthen Your Students’ Mathematical Literacy in Guided Math
Explore “Math Talk” and writing strategies that extend thinking, deepen understanding, enhance mathematical communication, and increase your students’ understanding and use of key math skills and concepts
- Incorporate Timesaving Formative Assessments to Guide Your Instruction
Practical, time-efficient ways to use assessments to guide and target your instruction … Capitalize on what your students know and plan Guided Math lessons and activities to build upon their skills
- Discover Innovative Ways to Review, Share and Re-Teach Math Strategies
Learn multiple ways to reinforce the strategies you have taught during whole and small group instruction … Extend your students’ learning and strengthen their mathematical understanding in Guided Math
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best, most current strategies to successfully organize, implement, manage and enhance Guided Math in your classroom
- Tips to maximize the impact of Guided Math for students of all ability levels
- How you can make the most of Guided Math using your existing math curriculum and materials
- Meaningful independent practice strategies to enhance your whole group math instruction
- How to integrate reading, writing and speaking to increase students’ success in math
- Effective time-efficient ways to assess, modify and differentiate your math center activities to maximize learning for each of your students
- Successful daily routines to streamline and enhance Guided Math in your classroom
- Highly effective ways to use Guided Math groups to re‑teach and reinforce key math strategies you have taught
- Engaging, high‑interest, motivating activities that build students’ confidence and competence in math
- Balanced approaches to assessment that enable you to better direct your instruction and organize your groups
- Strategies to strengthen key math skills through the use of cooperative math activities
- Doable, manageable ways to meet and exceed the needs of all your students through Guided Math groups
- How to make best use of STEM activities in your Guided Math groups
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As teachers, we face many joys as well as many challenges. In my years of teaching young children and my work with teachers around the country, differentiating and meeting the needs of all our students seems to be a major common challenge. Added frustration often arises when we try to implement and juggle our Guided Math groups. On top of this is the concern of how we can realistically fit it all in while effectively teaching our present math curriculum. As a full‑time classroom teacher, I too face these challenges on a daily basis. As a result, I have specifically designed this seminar to help you get the very most from your Guided Math instruction time and to provide you with powerful techniques to greatly enhance your existing math program.
I am excited to share dozens of practical, highly effective and time‑efficient strategies that will help your students develop the math skills they need to perform at or above grade level expectations. We will explore a variety of new ways to infuse greater depth and complexity into your program that will help raise the math achievement of all your students. Best of all, the activities and ideas I will share are ones I successfully use with my own students.
Prepare to step into your students’ shoes as I demonstrate exciting and engaging techniques that you can take back and use immediately. I look forward to sharing my ideas and teaching experiences with you so that Guided Math becomes one of your joys, as well.
Please join me for a learning-rich day full of techniques designed to help you better meet the needs of ALL your students. You will leave with many new ideas and powerful ways to maximize the impact of your Guided Math program.
I look forward to meeting you!
Amy T. Stark
P.S. I want to equip you with effective and time-efficient Guided Math techniques to strengthen ALL your students’ learning and help them develop the vital K-3 math skills they need.
Who Should Attend
Grades K‑3 Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, Administrators, and other educators teaching math
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital Guided Math resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Innovative Guided Math activities for grades K-3
- Outstanding ways to incorporate technology in your Guided Math groups
- Specific ideas and activities to enhance K-3 students’ understanding and skills in math
Amy Stark will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now