Develop Growth Mindset in Mathematics to Increase Students' Perseverance, Engagement and Success (Grades K-6)
Presented by Ryan Doetch
Specifically Designed for Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Interventionists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Transformational, classroom-proven strategies to engage your entire class and positively alter their confidence, experience and success with math through a Growth Mindset
- Extraordinary, practical strategies to increase student interest, participation, perseverance, and academic achievement—even with students who currently struggle or don’t like math
- A wealth of proven ways to build an optimal/productive math learning environment that enhances students’ success in math
- Receive an extensive Growth Mindset resource handbook filled with dozens of engaging activities, research-based strategies, examples, detailed techniques, and practical instructional resources
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you frustrated with the motivation and mindset of your grades K-6 students? How many times do you ask your students to answer math questions, persevere with problem solving, engage in mathematical discussions, and engage in mathematics, only to have the same few students raise their hands? Do you ever have the frustrating experience where you reach the end of a math unit only to find that your students’ understanding is still back where you started, at the beginning of the unit?
In this energizing and dynamic seminar, Presidential Awardee for Excellence in Mathematics, international presenter, author, and educator, RYAN DOETCH, will share the most effective and engaging strategies for building a Growth Mindset in your grades K-6 students. You will learn in very practical terms how to transform mindsets in mathematics so students are excited to learn and willing to risk making mistakes.
Walk away with proven, research-based practices that will transform the way your students think about and perform in math. Learn how to help students embrace the mistakes they make and turn them into powerful learning. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to participate in this transformational seminar that will leave you with dozens of strategies to help all your students—even your struggling ones—achieve at higher levels, engage, persist, and succeed in math through a Growth Mindset.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- What Every Grades K-6 Educator Should Know About Increasing Students’
Perseverance, Engagement and Success in Math
Why is it that of all the STEM subjects, students struggle in and dislike math the most? Unlock the power of Growth Mindset in your classroom and school community … Learn proven ways to increase students’ motivation, effort and self-efficacy
- Increase Students’ Motivation and Positive Experiences with Math
Dozens of innovative and practical strategies to engage student interest, increase student participation and strengthen academic achievement … Help struggling students overcome the mathematical obstacles that keep them from believing they can learn and do math
- Use Research-Based Best Practices in Math Instruction
Learn highly effective, research-based techniques that accelerate math learning and promote a Growth Mindset
- Innovative Ideas that Transform, Inspire and Promote Student Success in Math
Re-energize your classroom through dozens of teacher-friendly techniques and strategies you can implement immediately with all your students, including your struggling learners
- Proven Methods to Reach All Students, Promote Perseverance and Motivate
Numerous ways to use Growth Mindset strategies to strengthen students’ academic achievement, skill development and engagement … Empower students to approach difficult problems with increased confidence, flexibility and greater perseverance
- Rigorous Activities to Help You Differentiate for All Your Learners
Learn high-yield, research-based differentiation strategies to help you maximize the learning of all your students, from those who struggle with math to those who are highly capable
- Enhance Your Current Math Programs and Lessons
Dozens of dynamic, highly effective and developmentally appropriate learning sequences proven to enhance your current math instruction … Ready-to-use ideas that work with any existing math curriculum or program
- Reduce Math Anxiety and Overcome “I Can’t” Feelings
Discover proven ways to transform students’ mistakes and struggles into valuable learning experiences and success … Learn how to help all your students take challenges and push themselves to higher levels
- Strengthen the Confidence of Students Who Struggle In and Dislike Math
Leave with valuable Growth Mindset strategies that help students redefine what it means to be good at math … Learn practical ways to help your students persist, persevere, learn from mistakes, embrace challenges, and put forth effort in achieving goals as mathematicians
- Receive an Extensive Growth Mindset Resource Handbook and Special Website Access
You will receive a detailed resource handbook filled with engaging activities, research-based strategies, examples, and detailed techniques … Additional resources, black-line masters, manipulatives, reproducibles, interactive whiteboard lessons, and templates will also be available to participants on Ryan’s website
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Increase student motivation, effort and self-efficacy through a Growth Mindset to enhance academic achievement
- Highly effective ways to connect with and support your most reluctant and struggling learners
- Highly effective Growth Mindset strategies to encourage students to persist, persevere, embrace challenges, think mathematically, and strive to achieve math goals
- Discover research-based practices for struggling math students to help them reach higher levels of achievement, engagement and persistence
- Hands-on ways to engage student interest, increase student participation, and strengthen academic achievement in mathematics
- Practical, current brain-research information on the most effective mathematics instructional strategies to accelerate students’ math learning
- Growth Mindset messages, activities and strategies that change the way students view mistakes
- Highly effective approaches and techniques to help students develop a deeper and richer understanding of mathematics
- Outstanding instructional strategies you can use daily to increase your students’ motivation, involvement and success in math
- Research-based strategies to help students overcome math anxiety hurdles
- Help your students who struggle and dislike math become productive and successful mathematicians
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
We are teaching a generation of students who are often afraid of making mistakes. How many times have you asked your class to share their answers and only a few students raise their hands? How often do you feel like your classroom waits and relies on you to solve the math problem? How often do you feel that you did all of the work, heavy lifting and learning at the end of the math lesson?
I want to show you in very practical terms how to transform mindsets in mathematics so students are excited to learn and willing to risk making mistakes. I want to arm you with important strategies, messages and techniques that will inspire and help ALL your students achieve excellence and success in math.
As a fellow teacher, I know it can be rather challenging to help students who have fallen behind in math while still trying to keep up with school, district and state expectations. I also know how hard it can be to teach math to students who dislike it. I understand the challenges and frustrations of trying to help students persevere in math when they have huge gaps in their learning.
From my many years as an elementary teacher and instructional coach, I want to show you how to create a successful math classroom where mistakes are truly expected, respected and inspected. I have designed this seminar to help you make a huge difference in your students’ mathematical lives by providing you with the best research-based Growth Mindset strategies, detailed techniques and access to resources to support and motivate your students.
Successful teachers are using methods that I want you to know about. The majority of students who struggle in math feel they will never be good at math. They think of math as a constant stairway of rules and formulas. I want to show you how to change their mindset so they will feel and become successful in math.
I am genuinely excited to share my knowledge and resources to help you transform and inspire your students in math. Come and enjoy a productive day, learning how to bridge the achievement and instructional gap for all your students!
P.S. I want a former student to return one day and say that you were the reason why they were inspired and became successful in math.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Interventionists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Dozens of Growth Mindset messages, activities and strategies to change how students view mistakes and enable students to persist and succeed
- Proven ways to engage student interest, increase student participation and strengthen academic achievement in mathematics
- A wealth of brain-compatible strategies and techniques that take advantage of how the brain learns best
- Ready-to-use, highly effective math resources, ideas, lessons, and activities that work with any curriculum or program
- Practical, timesaving ideas to minimize your effort and maximize ALL of your students’ mathematical understanding
- Special access to Ryan’s website, which is full of lesson plans, black-line masters, manipulatives, reproducibles, interactive lessons, and much more
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.